Hacking Concepts Drinking Game

Arch

Read through the random topics in the concepts sub-forum, for each violation take a drink (unless otherwise specified).

• FE7-related hack that revives Nergal, uses Nergal as a central plot-device, includes a secret apprentice of Nergal, or otherwise needlessly invokes Nergal in a post-FE7 plotline. He's the dead villain of the original game.
  • FE7-related hack that brings back the Black Fang.
  • If the Clerics still use Serra's map-sprites/animations.
  • FE8 sequel that involves Carcino taking over the world.
  • If Gheb appears, is referenced, or otherwise alluded to, finish your drink!
  • Anything suggesting or resembling an FE9GBA demake.
  • If you ever see a hack that is titled "[Continent]ian Nights," take two drinks (finish the drink if they use "Knights" by mistake).
  • A sequel to a canonical Fire Emblem where original characters senselessly kill and replace canonical ones.
  • Any hack that plans to add third-tier classes (two drinks if they achieve this by using FE8's branched promotion classes).
  • If the majority of the mugshots are bright and poorly contrasting recolors, take two drinks.
  • Any hack (currently) that plans to use an Str/Mag split, or includes similarly complicated ASM work with no feasible means of completing it.
  • Take one drink for each obvious self-insert lord starring in the hack.
  • When the hack is named after its creator, roll one 6-sided die. Take that many drinks.
  • Any topic where the original post lacks screenshots. Take an additional drink for each reply that says "lol, show us some screens first."
  • If the creator admits that they cannot hack or sprite, but qualifies that with "but I can write."
  • Two drinks if the topic includes a request for a free spriting slave.
  • If you see Klokinator posting about FEXP or FEXNA, take three drinks.

Please suggest more rules. Have fun! Can we get this pinned?

Edited by Arch

One drink if Cam posts advice

Two if he posts and says "[someone] had a solution, but I can't remember [or] find it"

that's hacking QUESTIONS not concepts

one drink if the op says his hack will be the new DoF or EN

one drink per nonsupportive reply (eg; "don't do that, it's a bad idea" etc)

finish the bottle if there are no supportive replies

Drink for every time someone replies with "lol, show us some screens first" (stacks with the having no screens)

Drink for every project involving forum users as characters but only one person on the team can vaguely hack.

Drink if someone says they'll post updates and a week later they don't!

Two drinks if every mug is a ridiculously bright recolour.

Three drinks if someone puts their own name in the hack title.

Down a drink if they're using FE4 as a base.

that's hacking QUESTIONS not concepts

one drink if the op says his hack will be the new DoF or EN

one drink per nonsupportive reply (eg; "don't do that, it's a bad idea" etc)

finish the bottle if there are no supportive replies

Fine. If Cam REPLIES with [what I said]

You can drink whatever you please (anybody who chooses "orange juice" or other similarly non-alcoholic drinks will be forcibly removed, though), personally I'd probably sit down and read with a glass of wine.

I'll start adding rules to the OP.

[10:11:26 AM] Agro: every time someone states that they can't sprite, but can write

[10:11:28 AM] Agro: drink

Edited by Agro

Read through the random topics in the concepts sub-forum, for each violation take a drink (unless otherwise specified).

• FE7-related hack that revives Nergal, uses Nergal as a central plot-device, includes a secret apprentice of Nergal, or otherwise needlessly invokes Nergal in a post-FE7 plotline. He's the dead villain of the original game.
  • FE7-related hack that brings back the Black Fang.
  • If the Clerics still use Serra's map-sprites/animations.
  • FE8 sequel that involves Carcino taking over the world.
  • If Gheb appears, is referenced, or otherwise alluded to, finish your drink!
  • Anything suggesting or resembling an FE9GBA demake.
  • If you ever see a hack that is titled "[Continent]ian Nights," take two drinks (finish the drink if they use "Knights" by mistake).
  • A sequel to a canonical Fire Emblem where original characters senselessly kill and replace canonical ones.
  • Any hack that plans to add third-tier classes (two drinks if they achieve this by using FE8's branched promotion classes).
  • If the majority of the mugshots are bright and poorly contrasting recolors, take two drinks.
  • Any hack (currently) that plans to use an Str/Mag split, or includes similarly complicated ASM work with no feasible means of completing it.
  • Two drinks if the topic includes a request for a free spriting slave.
  • Any topic where the original post lacks screenshots. Take an additional drink for each reply that says "lol, show us some screens first."
  • If you see Klokinator posting about FEXP or FEXNA, take two drinks.

Please suggest more rules. Have fun! Can we get this pinned?

Well fuck, I'm getting hammered tonight. Actually, I'm not. I don't drink.