Why do men wear pants~

considering the position and general vulnerability of male genitalia, wouldn't wearing skirts be infinitely superior option? Pants really seem like something made without much consideration for male genitalia~

Edited by Princess K

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I can tell, it's mostly a relatively recent+"western" idea that men don't wear skirts and/or dresses in general, in favor of trousers

My only quarrel with wearing them myself is that I hate my leg hair being exposed to everyone else

skirts are inconvenient for urinals

plus pants look better imo

somebody should make skirts with zippers/buttons (that don't go "all the way down," of course)

if a clothing company is going to sell male-oriented skirts then I'd say that putting zippers/buttons on them would be the way to go!

also I think they'd have to make their skirts more masculine design-wise

Make it out of cloth, don't make it lacey as fuck or whatever => bam, you've got something men all over the world have worn for thousands of years

If you had a penis you'd know that letting it "free" is actually somewhat uncomfortable, for some activities. I imagine that running, for example, must be really annoying with my "parts" flapping around.

Edited by Nobody

I am infinitely amused by the fact that somebody actually thinks I'm female~

and such activities that girls don't use skirts for a man obviously wouldn't either~

And there is certain choises to be made over uncomfortable "flapping" and uncomfortable "squeezing"

I am infinitely amused by the fact that somebody actually thinks I'm female~

Well, if you put your gender as female, people will assume you're a girl. That should be obvious haha

Edited by Nobody

Well, if you put your gender as female, people will assume you're a girl. That should be obvious haha

But using this name and picture with my actual gender would be so flamboyant~

Wondering about using skirts does not help my case does it? Ih well~

If you had a penis you'd know that letting it "free" is actually somewhat uncomfortable, for some activities. I imagine that running, for example, must be really annoying with my "parts" flapping around.

...underwear? I admit I do not know if underwear provide adequate... support though lol.

Funnily enough, those "barbarians" ended up destroying the Roman Empire...

Probably the reason why dudes still wear trousers.

Also because they are comfy and easy to wear.

Utility kilts usually have some fashion of buttons on the front side so theres that...(plus they look appropriately badass.)

...underwear? I admit I do not know if underwear provide adequate... support though lol.

I guess it could kind of flop around while running if you were wearing really loose clothes, but penile length is all about blood flow so it's not usually a problem.

When normally walking around or just moving around normally, most guys let the penis sit to one side, and often exclusively to that one side. There are few things that suck more than doing some activity and suddenly find your dick on the completely wrong end and having to sit and wait for an opportune time to adjust yourself.

Having worn various non-pant articles of clothing designed for below-the-waist use, I can tell you that pants (or, rather, good pants) are more comfortable for most things. Especially the cold. As someone who goes to a school with a uniform, I can tell you that girls complain all the time about how cold it is wearing skirts. (Then I point out that they're allowed to wear pants, and then they say "wahhh but they're ugly" and then I'm like "well then you made the choice to be cold and also plaid skirts are not the height of fashion I've heard") Oh, and also sometimes skirt-like things lead to flashing... even though some guys seem not to have a problem with everyone being able to see everything... even the guys you thought were better than that... (Wow, I never realized how much skirts are responsible for my lack of faith in humanity.)

Really, though, warmth thing. Why do you think the Greeks and Romans and Ancient Egyptians didn't have pants but the guys in northern France and Germany and Britain did?