Dusk attempts an X Kalos-only nuzlocke!

DodgeDusk

Because nuzlockes are weirdly fun and I've never actually completed one before curse you, White, I considered doing one for X. After some talk with people off and on SF, I came up with some rules:

• Standard nuzlocke, but because this is also a Kalos only run, the wild encounter rule is slightly altered. Instead of the usual rule, if my first encounter on a new route is a non-Kalos pokemon, then I must treat it as a trainer battle (no running) and the rule is ignored. This carries on until I finally encounter a Kalos pokemon. The duplicate rule will NOT be in effect
  • No exp share, because I'm a real player nut
  • No gift pokemon are to be used. The only exception to this rule are the fossil pokemon you can choose (I think? Been a while), since you can optionally choose to revive them

If any of you would like to suggest any rules or change any of the ones I've listed, do tell

The only other thing to note is how I'm actually going to playlog this. I could have it done entirely with text, but I think it might turn off some people from the nuzlocke. There's a possibility I could record and commentate with a crappy webcam take photos using said webcam for juicy parts, but we'll see what the poll tells me. I would use Miiverse, but apparently you can't take photos of X/Y and upload them to Miiverse, which confuses me somewhat, but that's for another time

Index:

The story begins (up to Shauna battle)

The worst nicknames (up to Santalune Forest)

STAB moves are so useful. Equipment failings aren't (up to roller skates)

First gym badge. Also known as the I'M SO PARANOID chapter (got my first badge!)

THE FLOWER THAT KILLS ALL! (just outside Sycamore's lab)

THE LEGENDARY BATTLE WITH THE STONER-LOOKING GUY! (outside Sycamore's lab after the battle)

Innocence and horseshoes (beginning of route 5)

THE DEBUT OF THE MIGHTY PALADIN! Featuring crappy friends (beginning of route 6)

The cinders of love. Also this game is rigged to give me shitty natures (just after the firework display)

I'm just a painter, who paints his life away... (just after the 2v2 rival battle on route 7)

Horde battles should only be a thing when you're EV training (just before route 9)

"Class" doesn't even begin to describe how... thing they are (just after the end of Glittering Cave)

Another awful nature and the chapter where Poly kills me afterwards because I didn't get to route 10 (just before Cyllage City)

Second gym confirmed Glitzville. VASHIANE SMASH. Bring your Doritos dip (got my second badge!)

I have 20 hours playlogged already how do you even (just before route 11)

Canines don't stand a chance against birds! (near the end of route 11)

[spoiler=Casualties]Need the Fletchling (level 10. Route 22)
THO? the Bunnelby (level 10, Gym Leader Viola)

Glaedyr the Quillidin (level 23, Cyllage City Gym)

Edited by DodgeDusk

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's the "Get a capture card so you can take screencaps" option?

Take a initial pic so we can see how bad it is so we can decide for text only or not

Too poor for that crap

no6c6t.jpg

Quick picture, so ignore the light. If I am having pictures, they shall be taken somewhat professionally!

This doesn't seem like it'll be very fun for you though, with just Kalos Pokemon. I mean, some areas will need a LOT of searching for Kalos-only 'mons, right? I dunno, I feel like at some point it'll get frustrating. Or maybe that's the point, I've no idea.

Maybe I'm just too used to seeing ridiculous randomized Nuzlockes and poking fun at my friend for his Wonder Trade Nuzlocke, though.

No EXP Share allowed.

I've already stated I'm not using the exp share at all

You should play the game in Korean or other language you don't speak, just to add a bit of difficulty.

That's actually pretty tempting. Must ignore the temptation though

This doesn't seem like it'll be very fun for you though, with just Kalos Pokemon. I mean, some areas will need a LOT of searching for Kalos-only 'mons, right? I dunno, I feel like at some point it'll get frustrating. Or maybe that's the point, I've no idea.

Maybe I'm just too used to seeing ridiculous randomized Nuzlockes and poking fun at my friend for his Wonder Trade Nuzlocke, though.

I like doing crazy things! Besides, I have a load of patience. I remember waiting an hour or so to catch Raltz in Ruby

Edited by DodgeDusk

UPDATE TIME

[spoiler=The story begins]Okay then, so we start this nuzlocke off with the professor of the game, Sycamore (whose first name is Augustine apparently), explaining to us about the world we live that that inhabit these wild animals known as Pokemon or something. He then asks us what gender I am. Clearly, he didn’t look, but my SF profile clearly states I’m a guy. I chose the blonde character, and inputted the name ‘Dusk’, because I’m unoriginal. In tradition, the professor has hearing problems, so I confirm that my name is indeed Dusk, which is apparently a fantastic name. I then go through a magical gate portal thingy and end up in a bed. What?

HOLY CRAP, I’M IN PJ’S. I LOVE THIS

So the mirror has magic voodoo powers that somehow takes off my PJ’s and dresses me up into my adventuring clothes. Wish my mirror did this. Walking downstairs, my mother greets me and my attention goes straight into the back of the room, as I remember your mother has her own “room” for once. I always did wonder where she slept in previous games. She then tells me to greet the neighbours. I hate neighbours, but apparently they love me, as I’m greeted by them as soon as I walk out. One addresses herself as Serena, whilst the other is called Shauna. The former then informs me that Sycamore he had a request regarding 5 children, and we 3 were included. Ffs, I was just speaking to him 5 minutes ago! Shauna then tells us we’re getting a Pokemon! I should bloody hope so, or else I ain’t getting my money’s worth. If memory serves me right, this town, Vaniville, has nothing of importance to note, except we have a Rhyhorn sleeping in our front garden. How casual

At this point, I change my battle style to ‘set’

Leaving the town, the gate opens by itself. THIS ENTIRE TOWN IS PLAGUED WITH CRAZY MAGIC STUFF! Route 1 has some pretty sweet music. Nothing of importance here, since it’s a clean path to the next town... Aquacorde Town! About two footsteps in, I get called over to this table by one of the girls I met earlier. Here we meet two new faces; Tubba Blubba and some ginger dude. Sitting next to Serena, she tells me Tubba Blubba is actually called Tierno. I’m disappointed. He dances though, so eh. The ginger is called Trevor, and because my little brother’s nickname is Trev, I can now abuse Trevor to all hell, within reason, of course. He’s also shy, unlike my bro. Tierno suggests I should have a nickname, and asks me if I like D-Meister. Shauna interjects, saying she wants to call me Li’l D, which is something I definitely do not want. Trevor, being the bro he is, recommends Big D... Oh, this is so wrong... Disliking all of these, I get to choose my own nickname. Sweet, Gavnor it is! Putting my foot down on this, Tierno puts out a box that has the three starter pokemon in it. Now, I chose Fennekin in my first playthrough, which I thoroughly enjoyed. This time however, I’m picking Chespin, the grass starter! None of my friends thought of a half-decent nickname though, so I ended up nicknaming it Glaedyr, a fellow friend on SF who likes them. It’s a male though, so she better not kick my ass! Shauna picks the overused pokemon that is Froakie, whist Serena picks Fennekin. Douche. Tierno and Trevor already have pokemon, so they get nothing. Ha! Tierno tells us the professor has something for us. “Help you understand Pokemon on a much deeper level,” he says. Bitch, I’ve been playing pokemon for the past 12 years, I know everything about pokemon. EVERYTHING... Fuck, it’s a Pokedex... BENCH! He explains what a Pokedex does, which, to put it simply, tells you everything about a pokemon you’ve caught, but the information is limited if you’ve only seen it. Sycamore wants me to complete it though, which is far too much effort. Trevor then gives me a letter from Sycamore... to my mother? Just email her, you old ass. The two boys then leave. Guess I better make my way to my mother, but before I do...

zx076w.jpg

+spatk, -speed. GLAE GLAE, WHY?

Guess it’s time to give my mother this absurd letter... or I would, if Shauna didn’t want to battle me. Meh, free experience... and THAT RIVAL INTRO MUSIC! I love the soundtrack in this game, by the way.

So anyway, how will I log these battles? Generic trainers will probably have a brief skim, while (semi) important characters will probably have a more detailed description, with maybe a photo or two. Anyway, Glaedyr vs Froakie! Froakie lands a pound... that crits... MARVELOUS! Glaedyr smacks Froakie silly with a vine whip, dealing roughly 70% damage. Bubbles smack my poor Glae in the face, so she retaliates with another good whip, causing the Froakie to faint. Level up, yay! Shauna’s upset, but she’s weird, so meh. She then calls me amazing... She must be bipolar. Proceeding to heal up my pokemon, she runs back to Serena. I then proceeded to take a break

I understand this is a HUGE block of text (compared to what I'm usually seeing in playlogs anyway), but it's all story stuff, so I thought it was necessary. Future updates WILL include less text and more action, but I'm playing in roughly 40 minute time frames and such, so playing AND typing text means "short" updates, but due to me having loads of free time, they might end up being quite frequent, not to mention consistent

Edited by DodgeDusk

So I read this

I see that you chose Chespin - I approve

And then "Aww, you're calling it Gla-- WAIT HOLD THE BUS IT'S MALE STOP STOP ST- Dammit"

Dusko whyyyyyy

I'm sorry about my failings and my terrible nature ;_;

xD

[spoiler=THE WORST NICKNAMES]With that settled, we make a quick journey back the house. YAY, ROUTE 1 MUSIC~. Entering the house, the first thing my mother asks me is “So! What did you and the neighbour kids end up doing?” What, no greeting? No hug? Screw you, mother. She then notices the pokeball I have on my person. She calls me lucky, although Serena told me that most children end up getting a pokemon and going on a journey, so she’s also a liar. Worst mother ever. Least she congratulates me. I then hand her the letter that Scyamore gave to Tierno, who then gave it to me. She reckons it’s a love letter, which, after looking at Sycamore’s face, wouldn’t surprise me in the sli- SHE SAYS HE HAS LOVELY HANDWRITING. CANON PAIRING! Reading his “request,” she helps me on my journey by... giving me a spare pair of clothes? CUSTOMIZATION. YAY~! She also gives me a town map, which is cool I guess, but then she tries to make a fool out of me by asking if I know how to use a town map... You uh... No, mother, just no... I can’t bear this any longer, so I just left an- ACK, A RHYHORN IS ATTACKING ME. GG, WORLD! ... Oh wait, it just roared. Never mind. Time to leave for good

ROUTE 1 MUSIC~~~

So now we can finally explore Aquacore Town. A dude in an apron gave me a potion, which is sweet. I go in the building near him, and the person behind the counter proudly exclaims that he sells the best potions in the world or something. HYPER POTIONS, YA- oh, you just sell potions... LAME! Same goes for the poke ball shop. Bunch of liars. I bought some though, because y’know, we NEED them

Route 2 an- WILD BATTLE ALREADY. HOLY CRAP! ... It’s a Pidgey... why... This carries on for who knows how long, but I eventually find a Scatterbug... JUST CAUGHT MYSELF A BREEZY! And it’s a female, lol. All the wrong genders... and then he tells me he didn’t want anything to be named after him... I AM THE WORST ]: It’s also the same nature as Glaedyr, which doesn’t help. Until I can rename it, it shall be addressed as Scatterbug and its evolutions, by the way

noeh6c.jpg

Back in route 2, we meet up with Serena and Shauna again. Yay... Shauna wants me to witness Serena catch a pokemon, since apparently, her parents are amazing trainers themselves. I ALREADY CAUGHT A POKEMON THOUGH... AND THEN SHE FINDS A BUNNELBY. FOR DAMN’S SAKE! She also has a Fletchling, which is something I want. She catches it, by the way, and then shares her love for me by giving me some poke balls. I don’t want your balls, missy! Serena then leaves

Training Scatterbug is hard, so I have to swap between my two pokes in order to train her. Good ti- A BUNNELBY? REALLY? I’m so upset right now. Scatterbug gets levelled up to 5, while Glaedyr gets to level 8 and learns rollout. Could be maybe useful. Also fought my first generic trainer, who had a lone Zigzagoon. Glaedyr is now 9. Time to enter... SANTALUNE FOREST! THE MU- DON’T INTERRUPT MY MUSIC, SHAUNA! She wants to follow me, saying that “something exciting” will happen. I’m... not too sure how to respond to that, but she heals my pokemon for free, so yay

Hopefully, the place will be nice to me and NOT give me another Scatterbug, but we’ll see what happens. Scatterbug went to level 6 during this, and learnt stun spore. So good. Anyway, our Kalos pokemon is... FLETCHLING. WAHOO! Caught it! Was going to nickname it “Need G. Wings,” but I might’ve kind of pressed enter after “Need,” so Need it is! For now, anyway. Also JOLLY NATURE YES! THINGS ARE FINALLY TURNING UP DUSKO!

260aoe8.jpg

And now, we begin adventuring this place... in the next instalment of this nuzlocke!

Update tomorrow maybe

Edited by DodgeDusk

[spoiler=STAB moves are so useful. Equipment failings aren't]

With Need caught, I can now progress into the eerie forest that has an amazing track. I gather up the items littered all over the floor, which includes an antidote and I think a potion. Have I mentioned I love the track for the wild encounters? ... I talk about the music in this game too much, lol. Anyway, venturing a bit into the forest, we see our other friends, battling wild pokemon, fighting trainers and the such. Skipping past them, Shauna breaks away from my grasp and quickly comes back, giving me a paralyse heal. Thanks, I guess. Apparently she’s observant, but meh. Some youngster- HE’S CALLED JOEY. USE THE RATTA- Oh, he sends out a Scatterbug... GAME FREAK, WHY DID YOU DO THIS? He also has a Flectchling, but Need is obviously stronger. His Fletchling crits me though, the gimp. Need went up to level 6, and learned quick attack. Tierno runs past me and says something, but I didn’t catch it. Can’t be important though. Wild battle happened, and Need went to level 7. Shauna’s mobile pokemon centre helps greatly also, which is probably her best use throughout the entire game. Meeting up with Serena a bit later into the forest, she gives me yet another poke ball. I think I got like, 15 of the things now. GAME, STAHP- Oh, look at that, a lass who is called Anna. THE RNG GODDESS IS IN THIS GAME, AND SHE HAS A PIKACHU. HAVE MERCY! Level 5 Pikachu is actually pretty hard, since static paralysed Scatterbug >_< A quick switch into Need however, finishes the rodent off. Need is now level 8, whilst Scatterbug is level 7 and OMG SHAUNA IS SO USEFUL WELP. She also tells me she wants to catch a Pikachu... What little respect I had for you is now gone. Another lass then pops up, who has a level 2 Weedle. Lol. Scatterbug finishes that off. Level 4 Bunnelby. This might be difficult... or it would be, if it didn’t just use leer. Damn scrub. GIMME YOUR MONEY! Another poke ball... WHY? Wild potion helps though. So does STAB tackle from Need. I’m now near the end of the forest, but Serena decides to interject and inform me that I’m “someone with a lot of potential.” Bitch, I know this already. I’M THE FROZEN ONE! If anybody of you get that, I love you. The other two homies then show up. Slow nuts. Shauna tells us to go to Santalune City I think, so we finally head out of this forest and into...ROUTE 3!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QWf_qAPb7Y

YAY FOR AWESOME MUSIC~. Trevs decides to find some more pokemon, Tierno wants to see some more pokemon moves, whilst Serena wants to challenge the gym leader of the nearby city. Not bad, I say. She then gives me some “adventure rules” or something, which is being benched, before running off into the city. Shauna proclaims that she wants to “spend some time getting to know my Li’l Froakie,” which is fine by me. I CAN NOW FINALLY MOVE MY CHARACTER, YES! After an encounter that involved a Burmy getting a triple protect, I finally run into a Bunnelby. I would’ve caught it, but SCATTERBUG BLOODY CRITS BLARG RAGE! This was my first crit in the adventure also. Goddammit. Bunnelby-less, the upset me fights two trainers that altogether have a Caterpie, Azurill, and a Pichu. I love how your trainer kneels down when they speak to small people and stuff, it’s brilliant. Trotting down the nearby steps, some hooligan with roller skates sweeps past me and almost takes me off my feet. Damn whore. There’s also some bush with “prickly thorns” that is impassable, but the game suggests I can cut through it. I WONDER WHAT THAT MEANS? Next trainer I fight has a level 6 Bidoof, which is somewhat scary. Switching my paralysed Scatterbug for Glaedyr, he/she/it/thing quickly takes the beaver out. Scatterbug is now level 9, WHICH MEANS EVOLUTION! SPEWPA GET! Unfortunately, my webcam decides to pack in, so I’m going to have type out its stats:

HP: 29
Attack: 9
Defence: 16
Sp. Atk: 12
Sp. Def: 12
Speed: 9
Real sorry about that. I would take a photo using my phone, but that has awful quality. AMAZING RUN ALREADY 10/10. I’ll see if I can get it working, but until then...

Back on the actual run, I find a super potion. Very useful indeed, although I must ask; who leaves perfectly viable items on the floor? Wild battle later, and Glaedyr is level 10. A wild trainer then appears and he apparently has the three elemental monkeys. Oh joy. Need takes them all out though, and I finally enter Santalune City! I'd post the link for the track, but I don't think I can have more than two videos on one post

Quick trip the pokemon centre turns out to be an extended one as Tierno follows me into it, who then proceeds to tell me about the PC facilities as well as the pokemon mart in the back. Fails to mention the changing room though. I KNOW ALL THIS ALREADY, DAMN IT! A quick heal and change into my brown jeans later, I enter the boutique, hoping to find some early game fedoras or trilbies, but none were there, so I storm back out. Red feather was nice, but 1400$? Not worth it yet. Some house exploring nets me some nice information for scrubs, such as more badges means better stock in marts, traded pokemon not listening unless you have the correct amount of badges for their level and so on. Some dude asks me if I wanted to trade a Bunnelby for a Farfetch’d. STOP RUBBING IT IN, DAMMIT! Random kid gives me a great ball though, which is great. There’s also a cafe on the top left hand corner of the map, but it’s useless. Some kid mentions Trainer School, so I ended up going in there. Some geezer gives me X items, whilst some girl tells us about same type attack bonus, otherwise known as STAB moves. All useless to me. I then meet the roller skate girl that nearly killed me earlier. As a sort-of apology, she challenges me for a battle and, if I win, I get roller skates. Yay? Free experience, so I’ll take it. Need sends her Zigzagoon down to an early grave and levels up to 10, learning peck in the process. SO HELPFUL AGAINST THE GYM! I now have the roller skates, which means EXTREME SPEED or something. To my right is route 22, which I shall explore IN THE NEXT not so awesome part of the nuzlocke!

Edited by DodgeDusk

DIGGERSBY THO

I was going to reference this, but I thought it would be best not to

I DEMAND A POKEMON NAMED WIZARD

Because I'm your friendly friend, I will follow this. :Pent:

Stahp copying me

Any Kalos pokemon in particular?

I was kidding, but I do really like Clauncher. He's pretty cool.

Unless I'm mistaken, Clauncher can be caught around the second gym (maybe even the city itself). As long as I don't screw up, I can get one before my fourth badge

Requests are fine, but it can't be guaranteed. Depends on what first Kalos pokemon I find per route. I know most of the Kalos pokemon are segregated to single routes, so requests might be difficult

Edited by DodgeDusk

So, you know what I'm requesting.

HAAAAAAAAAAAW

LUUUUUUUUUUUU

CHAAAAAAAAAAA

This didn't surprise me in the slightest

[spoiler=First gym badge. Also known as the I'M SO PARANOID chapter]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR2RD8bwfjU

Sorry for the bad quality, but that's the only one I could find :/

So we finally enter the route that has an absurdly big number for this point in the game. First trainer is a young girl that summons a Psydusk. SO BRO. Spewpa gets to level 10. HOLY DAMN, LITLEO! I don’t want to get burnt to a crisp, so Need comes out. Litleo wasn’t as threatening as I thought it was. Hmm... Anyway, we find a wild Riolu. Well, you’re useless no matter what. FARFETCH’D. THE ORIGINAL SHIT! Next up is... BUNNELBY! OH, PLEASE MAKE IT SO~. After a little fight, Bunnelby was caught. THO?

2hoin8k.jpg

Timid nature, which kinda sucks. Pick up is a nice ability tho

Another lass then fights us, bragging about her Goldeen or something. “Glaedyr’s going to have a field day” was my first thought, but THO is already pulling his weight. Marill next, and Glaedyr kills. THO levelled up to 7 and learns quick attack. I hate taking constant trips to the pokemon centre, but gotta abuse those free privileges! Some fancy looking guy tells me how to train weak pokemon via switching, which is something I already knew about, while some fancy looking girl tells me that some woman called Grace is an awesome Rhyhorn rider or something. Rhyhorn? Sounds familiar. TRAINER BATTLE AGAINST A RISING STAR! Only has one Riolu, so this should be simple. Switch THO out and comes out Need, who pecks it to de- WHOA. COUNTER... No... Need... WE HAVE A MAN DOWN ALREADY!

2vltj5l.jpg

I’m so annoyed... Glaedyr avenges our fallen comrade. Level 11, and forgets tackle for bite. THO went to level 8. I’m legitimately annoyed now... Need gets stored into the ‘RIP’ box. You were a good comrade, Need... Healing the rest of my pals, we venture further into route 22, and fight some schoolboy who has a Pidgey and a Metapod. THO went to level 9. Bunnelby vs Bunnelby. I’m a level higher, so I win. A wild super potion appeared. After healing up and still agitated, I open the mighty door that leads into the first gym...

Some guy wearing overalls tells me that this gym is a bug gym, and that I should bring pokemon to combat them. I WOULD, BUT NEED JUST GOT SLAUGHTERED... I wrap myself down this really weird string pole thing and land in some spider web. I’VE BEEN CAUGHT! No, this is the map of this gym. Basically, you have to navigate around on the web, battling trainers until you reach the gym leader. How fun. The lines you CAN walk on are thicker than the ones you can’t walk on, so that’s a bit easier, albeit linear. Shouldn’t get lost. A youngster fights me first, who has a Ledyba. THO is still pretty weak, but Spewpa is weaker, so I switch into Glae Glae and rollout over it. Glaedyr rose to level 12. Next one has a Spewpa level 10. I switch THO out to my own one, and slowly stall it down using tackle... Grab a drink or something, because this takes awhile... Eventually, it gets taken down. THO went to level 10 and attempted to learn double slap, while Spewpa went to 11. Next trainer has a Kakuna and a Combee. Spewpa takes out the former (and somehow didn’t get poisoned after like, 6 poison stings) and Glaedyr takes out the latter

Now, this place is quite devious, since there’s no way to get back to the outside world until you fight the gym leader. This means that, after all of my potions were used up, all I had left was 2 super potions... This is going to end with a causality, I can see it now... Oh, THO had a potion on him, which is nice. TIME TO FIGHT GYM LEADER VIOLA!

98fvh3.jpg

Right, THO vs Surskit. For those who can’t remember, tackle got buffed in 5th gen so that it has 50 base power instead of 35, so it’s stronger than quick attack. I chose tackle, whilst Viola chose quick attack. I seem to be in the lead so far. After another tackle (she used water sport. Why?), I decided to agility, because I remember what’s coming next. She quick attacks. Tackle, then bubble, then we both use a potion. Tackle, bubble, tackle, bubble. I’m now in a predicament. Thing is, I could quick attack and KO it, but the next pokemon has gust and, from THO’s current HP (7/30), it will most certainly die. I can’t switch though, as gust is super effective against my two other pokes, and I would REALLY like it paralysed so rollout can 2HKO it. This can only happen though if THO and Spewpa get killed off, which blows a bit. So many variables. The entire run could flop right now... I quick attack, and Surskit is dead... Which means the beast comes out...

25hha49.jpg

This thing legitimately scares me. I NEED it paralysed, even if it means THO dies. Thanks to the agility earlier, I managed to get off a leer, but Viola uses harden, which makes that turn null. This happens again, which makes me contemplate on switching to Spewpa and using stun spore now, but if Vivilion uses gust, I’m screwed... I’m not risking it. THO can die. After like, 7 turns of leer harden stalling, Vivilion finally kills THO using infestation... This is it. SPEWPA GO! I stun spore, and Vivilion... tackles? It doesn’t have gust? WHAT? I tackle, and so does she. This is... did THO just die for no reason? Infestation happened, which, at 12HP, can certainly kill me. I decide to super potion, whilst she tackles. Infestation is really a bad thing, since it means Spewpa can’t switch out. Tackle, paralysis. Sweet. Tackle, infestation. Super potion, infestation. Tackle, infestation. Tackle... AND VIVILION GOES DOWN! WOOP WOOP! LEVEL 12 SPEWPA! Viola calls me fantastic, which is what I’m feeling right now! Spewpa then evolves into Vivilion and, because I’m from the UK, it’s a turquoise colour. String shot gets replaced with struggle bug, which got a boost this gen!

Viola tells me that Chespin and I have “shown me a whole new depth of field,” which is surprising, because I never used Glaedyr. She then gives me the Bug Badge, which is snazzy. Infestation too, which probably won’t be used. With that horrendous battle out of the way, I deposit THO and heal up. What a bloody nightmare this was...

2d2dmba.jpg

Please ignore the nickname, as I can’t change it yet

[spoiler=THE FLOWER THAT KILLS ALL!]With my first badge in my badge case or whatever you have in this game, I decide to make my way to the next route, speaking to the woman that claimed to be Viola’s sister near the entrance to route 4. Noticing I somehow have her sister’s badge, she congratulates me and gives me the one thing I don’t want in this playthrough... the EXP. Share... OFF WITH IT!

2cngwo9.jpg

With that game breaking contraption turned off, I skate into route 4 and begin the hunt for my next Kalos pokemon in one of the flowery patches!

Lol, first pokemon is a Raltz. Should I feel bad? Nah, I shouldn’t. Ledyba next, and both of my pokemon level up to 13. Eventually, I find one of my favourite 6th gen pokemon... Flabébé! THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS! Hell, according to the Pokedex, it “draws out and controls the hidden power of flowers.” WHAT OTHER POKEMON DOES THAT? It’s also a bold nature (+def, -atk), which helps somewhat

210d76d.jpg

Oh yeah, she’s named Destroyer

Back in route 4 after a quick heal, I end up in some hedge maze, and soon find a repel. Ha, sweet! I shouldn’t try to navigate through this maze in skates though, but I’m stubborn, so I carry on doing it. After a wild encounter with another Flabébé, a gardener appears and stats boasting about his Corphish, which is like “yeah, okay. Clearly, you haven’t met the Destroyer.” It’s level 10 though, which is a bit scary... GO, GLAE GLAE! Level 7 Destroyer is now a thing. After a wild encounter with a level 7 Flabébé, the Destroyer comes out, but is badly wounded, so a trip to the NHS is required. The other hedge maze nets me a super potion and a great ball, which is appreciated. Bit further into the route, I stumble upon a huge fountain that has two Horseas statues sprouting water into it, with the words “acceptance brings harmony” inscribed in the gold/bronze tablet in front of it. That’s... pretty cool, actually. The two skaters circling the fountain are annoying me though, so I knock out their pokemon. Sad but true. Altogether they have a Pidgey and a Fletchling, which Destroyer has some problems with, so Glaedyr and Vivilion (who I’m tempting to call “RockYouLikeA,” because it learns hurricane) assist, with the former gaining a level (14), and Destroyer also levelling up

The second half of this route is just littered with trainers, which is awesome really. First one has the three different “forms” of Burmy, which is cool. Destroyer annihilated them, and went to level 9. Second trainer has a single Budew, so RockYouLikeA deals with that. Destroyer levels up and learns lucky chant. Yay... Third trainer has a sole... MAGIKARP! SO BRO! Destroyer gets some experience. Wild poison barb appeared which is all right. Fourth trainer has another Corphish. Fairy wind spamming is so legit. Random ether was lying about on the floor. Why? Those things are sooo good. Fifth trainer has a Pichu and a Pikachu, which Destroyer uh, destroys... Level 11 get. Sixth trainer has yet ANOTHER Corphish. Really Game Freak? Really? Least Destroyer gets some experience. Net ball lying on the ground is now mine, by the way. With those trainers defeated, I make my way to the end of the route, only to bump into two strangers wearing matching clothes, save for their ribbons or whatever. The male asks me if I’ve ever heard of a pokemon called Flabébé... I’ve just uh, been using it for the last 20 minutes or so, lol. The female tells me about the new type called fairy, and exclaims that “this turned the entire type-matchup system on its head!” Yes, it would seem so. Poor dragons. Apparently, Sycamore has tasked the duo to battle different types of pokemon with fairy type pokemon to find out what they’re strong and weak against. There ARE guides and stuff on the internet, y’know... The female introduces herself as Sina, while the male calls himself Dexio, which is a pretty bro name. Sina wants me to follow her to Sycamore’s lab, so uh, let’s go, I guess? Dexio gives me TM return as well, which is also pretty bro. Dexio is just a bro. With all that out of the way, we step into the next city, Lumiose City...

HOLY SHIT, THIS PLACE IS HUGE. I really dislike how the camera angle changes so that it’s just behind your head also. Makes everything so difficult... This place is really big, so it’s no wonder I just lost so many times on my first playthrough. Anyway, Sira moves on ahead and tells us to go to Sycamore’s lab, which is literally a few buildings away, thank god. In front of the building, she tells me that she’ll meet me and the professor inside, which is what I’ll do... in the next part!

I know it's a bit premature to think about this, but I seriously think Grant is going to kick my ass. At the moment I have like, no pokemon that can properly take out any of his pokemon, and it's worrying me somewhat. I'm HOPING I can catch a Honedge and a Furfrou, because I reckon they might help. Amaura could help against Tyrunt, but that's a bit risky. WHAT DO?

Edited by DodgeDusk

[spoiler=THE FLOWER THAT KILLS ALL!]With my first badge in my badge case or whatever you have in this game, I decide to make my way to the next route, speaking to the woman that claimed to be Viola’s sister near the entrance to route 4. Noticing I somehow have her sister’s badge, she congratulates me and gives me the one thing I don’t want in this playthrough... the EXP. Share... OFF WITH IT!2cngwo9.jpg

With that game breaking contraption turned off, I skate into route 4 and begin the hunt for my next Kalos pokemon in one of the flowery patches!

Lol, first pokemon is a Raltz. Should I feel bad? Nah, I shouldn’t. Ledyba next, and both of my pokemon level up to 13. Eventually, I find one of my favourite 6th gen pokemon... Flabébé! THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS! Hell, according to the Pokedex, it “draws out and controls the hidden power of flowers.” WHAT OTHER POKEMON DOES THAT? It’s also a bold nature (+def, -atk), which helps somewhat210d76d.jpg

Oh yeah, she’s named Destroyer

Back in route 4 after a quick heal, I end up in some hedge maze, and soon find a repel. Ha, sweet! I shouldn’t try to navigate through this maze in skates though, but I’m stubborn, so I carry on doing it. After a wild encounter with another Flabébé, a gardener appears and stats boasting about his Corphish, which is like “yeah, okay. Clearly, you haven’t met the Destroyer.” It’s level 10 though, which is a bit scary... GO, GLAE GLAE! Level 7 Destroyer is now a thing. After a wild encounter with a level 7 Flabébé, the Destroyer comes out, but is badly wounded, so a trip to the NHS is required. The other hedge maze nets me a super potion and a great ball, which is appreciated. Bit further into the route, I stumble upon a huge fountain that has two Horseas statues sprouting water into it, with the words “acceptance brings harmony” inscribed in the gold/bronze tablet in front of it. That’s... pretty cool, actually. The two skaters circling the fountain are annoying me though, so I knock out their pokemon. Sad but true. Altogether they have a Pidgey and a Fletchling, which Destroyer has some problems with, so Glaedyr and Vivilion (who I’m tempting to call “RockYouLikeA,” because it learns hurricane) assist, with the former gaining a level (14), and Destroyer also levelling up

The second half of this route is just littered with trainers, which is awesome really. First one has the three different “forms” of Burmy, which is cool. Destroyer annihilated them, and went to level 9. Second trainer has a single Budew, so RockYouLikeA deals with that. Destroyer levels up and learns lucky chant. Yay... Third trainer has a sole... MAGIKARP! SO BRO! Destroyer gets some experience. Wild poison barb appeared which is all right. Fourth trainer has another Corphish. Fairy wind spamming is so legit. Random ether was lying about on the floor. Why? Those things are sooo good. Fifth trainer has a Pichu and a Pikachu, which Destroyer uh, destroys... Level 11 get. Sixth trainer has yet ANOTHER Corphish. Really Game Freak? Really? Least Destroyer gets some experience. Net ball lying on the ground is now mine, by the way. With those trainers defeated, I make my way to the end of the route, only to bump into two strangers wearing matching clothes, save for their ribbons or whatever. The male asks me if I’ve ever heard of a pokemon called Flabébé... I’ve just uh, been using it for the last 20 minutes or so, lol. The female tells me about the new type called fairy, and exclaims that “this turned the entire type-matchup system on its head!” Yes, it would seem so. Poor dragons. Apparently, Sycamore has tasked the duo to battle different types of pokemon with fairy type pokemon to find out what they’re strong and weak against. There ARE guides and stuff on the internet, y’know... The female introduces herself as Sina, while the male calls himself Dexio, which is a pretty bro name. Sina wants me to follow her to Sycamore’s lab, so uh, let’s go, I guess? Dexio gives me TM return as well, which is also pretty bro. Dexio is just a bro. With all that out of the way, we step into the next city, Lumiose City...

HOLY SHIT, THIS PLACE IS HUGE. I really dislike the camera angle changes so it’s just behind your head also. Makes everything so difficult... This place is really big, so it’s no wonder I just lost so many times on my first playthrough. Anyway, Sira moves on ahead and tells us to go to Sycamore’s lab, which is literally a few buildings away, thank god. In front of the building, she tells me that she’ll meet me and the professor inside, which is what I’ll do... in the next part!

I know it's a bit premature to think about this, but I seriously think Grant is going to kick my ass. At the moment I have like, no pokemon that can properly take out any of his pokemon, and it's worrying me somewhat. I'm HOPING I can catch a Honedge and a Furfrou, because I reckon they might help. Amaura could help against Tyrunt, but that's a bit risky. WHAT DO?

If you're lucky enough to get a Hawlucha in the route just above, Grant can be piece of cake. I had some problems with some of the trainers in the Gym to go with only it, but Grant didn't stand a chance.

If you're lucky enough to get a Hawlucha in the route just above, Grant can be piece of cake. I had some problems with some of the trainers in the Gym to go with only it, but Grant didn't stand a chance.

Hmm... I never thought about that. That could very much work and then Poly can gloat about being the saviour of my run

Hmm... I never thought about that. That could very much work and then Poly can gloat about being the saviour of my run

He'll also be good against Korrina's Gym. I was using him because I was sure that bitch was going to use a Lucario. Most troll Gym leader ever

Edited by Tonton

He'll also be good against Korrina's Gym. I was using him because I was sure that bitch was going to use a Lucario. Most troll Gym leader ever

Yeah, that surprised me too

*tries to think if there's any other character I should be worried about*

Err, don't think there is, although I must ask; is the Lucario vs Lucario battle rigged for you to win? If I lose that, I think that counts as a game over

Yeah, that surprised me too

*tries to think if there's any other character I should be worried about*

Err, don't think there is, although I must ask; is the Lucario vs Lucario battle rigged for you to win? If I lose that, I think that counts as a game over

It's not scripted, so you can lose if her Lucario lands a critical. like what happened with me ;_;

I don't think that would count.