"Easy" First Generation Units to train?

Flying Shogi

Who do you guys think are the easiest first gen units to train in terms of capping most* of their stats? Of course, I don't expect magical units like Maribelle to cap Strength it still happened anyway on my file but what units from your experience are the least hassle to train in terms of capping stats?

Grinding is assumed since we're just talking about stats and not main game performance.

I personally find

Easiest: Nowi, Libra, and Tiki

Easier: Sumia, Kellam, Say'ri, Aversa, and Walhart

Semi-easy: Ricken, Cordelia, Henry, Tharja

*Most units use either magic or strength as offense so that's why I used most instead of all of their stats.

Edited by MagicLugh

The avatar.

Sully (except mag)

Sumia as a dark flier isn't that bad, she will probably cap MAG, RES and DEF around the same time, rather than lag on one of them.

Edited by Nobody

Donnel for sure,Aptitude is the thing,unless it is a no-grind,that might be a little hard,but he is likely to cap first,and is pretty easy to train if paired with Frederick or with your higher leveled units.

Ricken, easy? He's slow as fuck. And not that much sturdier than Miriel.

Grinding? Anyone who can hold a staff. IS really derped by making Rescue be E rank and give so much exp.

I think that was exactly their intention, otherwise upgrading staff rank would be ridiculously hard for units that promote and have to start at E rank. Reaching A rank is realistic only for dedicated healers IMO, though I don't see why A rank would be desirable since I *think* all of the powerful staves (Fortify, Recover, Hammerne) are B rank.

If grinding, fast units who can double Entombed from EXP Growth early on, though Lon'qu needs some Str support (read: Frederick), but with pair up even Kellam can double the Entombed. Later on, anybody in a tome-wielding class is easy to grind, and even easier if they're Sorcerers. Honorable mention to axe and lance wielders because of hand axes and javelins, though you need at least D rank to use them, while tome-wielding classes can use 1-2 range weaponry right away.

Grinding? Anyone who can hold a staff. IS really derped by making Rescue be E rank and give so much exp.

Yes, grinding is allowed.I should have specified that this is more geared towards post-game where stats mean more than contribution to beating the game more quickly.

Ricken, easy? He's slow as fuck. And not that much sturdier than Miriel.

Later on, anybody in a tome-wielding class is easy to grind, and even easier if they're Sorcerers. Honorable mention to axe and lance wielders because of hand axes and javelins, though you need at least D rank to use them, while tome-wielding classes can use 1-2 range weaponry right away.

Slow as in capping stats or just exp gaining due to his base stats? As for comparing him to Miriel, Ricken has two physical reclass options and since he is a base magical unit, his defenses should allow him to take more hits.

They really should make some low rank swords that are two ranged. It takes out some of the thinking on which teams to summon when grinding on Spotpass teams