FE7 Expansion Project

Haku

FE7 Expansion Project

Hi there! This is a small-scale hacking project that myself, Ninian and Brendor are starting. The aim of this hack at the moment is to make Ninian a playable manakete late game. Instead of Bramimond reviving her in Finale Part 2, he will revive her at the beginning of chapter 30: Victory of Death.

EDIT:

If this works I plan on taking over the hacking side(unless the others want to carry on) and fine combing through all of FE7, while making several different additions for a fresh experience. These ideas will be released after we have completed the first task.

Credits:

Hacking: Brendor

Writing: Ninian

Spriting: Haku

Note:

While I made this topic to announce the new hack, I also did this because Ninian's thread had been messed up several arguments and we want to start afresh. So please don't go and do the same here.

Edited by Haku

Dangit! I was going to do this too D: *cries 4ever*

Why not add new enemies, maps, characters, and classes? It would make it more of an expansion pack.

After all, you need to do more than just develop and add characters :D

Will Hannah and Merlinus be able to be married? And have a playable child? O.o

Why not add new enemies, maps, characters, and classes? It would make it more of an expansion pack.

This too.

Also, I seriously think playable children would be cool. Sadly i can't see any story reason for it happening.

Unless like people in Lyn's tale, but that might be too short.

But now with Xeld's support thing it's totally possible.

New maps would be really cool though.

And you can steal some of FE7if's characters.

Ninian will be a playable manakete late game.

To the best of my knowledge this is literally impossible in FE7.

(Also, you're developing backstories with a writer who blindly denied several established aspects of Ninian's canon... ?)

Oho, you're playing a me: Getting the hack before others. Don't worry, we have NO beta testers yet, (besides myself and the others) so I think we could probably fit you in.

Er not really. I just actually want to help. This as I've stated, is really good for just an idea. So if you do, PM me.

So in short, you're not addressing any of FE7's actual flaws, such as the pacing, the structure of the arcs, the general amount of faffing about, and are instead going to add superfluous things, such as a playable Ninian Manakete despite her being dead, and the big crux of the game being her revival, expanding the backstories of the characters who already have extensively explored backstories, a new playable character that nobody could care for and... TBA

And your aiming for early 2014? Let's analyze that shall we, if you want to bring the rest of the Divine Weapons in (Why? The S rank weapons are already as powerful if not more so in this game) you're going to need to get Apocalypse into the game. Apocalypse is a horrendously insane monster of ASM and magic that would be extremely difficulty to move over. and the other divine weapons are literally just weapon icons. You wont make early 2014, if this even gets off the ground.

And on top of all that "Make more links to FE6"? Are you fucking nuts? FE6 and FE7 shouldn't have anything to do with each other, they are about two separate conflicts, any ties you could make between the games would be superfluous and only exist to stick out like a sore thumb (much like the games current references) as "LOOK! LOOK! THIS IS TOTALLY A PREQUEL CAUSE THESE GUYS SHOWED UP!" It's not going to work, it wont naturally flow without stripping FE7 down to its core and completely rewriting it, and if you're doing that I would rather not trust a writer who actively substitutes what is canon for what is in their head.

I would love to see someone go over FE7 with a fine comb and fix its problems, they exist, they should be fixed. This is not that project, and this does nothing but fill me with dread. Or it would if I had any faith of this getting off the ground, which I don't. Thank god. The last thing the world needs is another terrible FE7 hack.

Edited by Onmi

Onmi, you're not helping. I respect your skills as a hacker, but all you're doing now is making me feel bad. That's it. Not being constructive, not giving suggestions for additions but instead, you're taking what was going to be a simple addition to the game, and basically ruining the premise for me. I can't believe I'm saying this, but...you're even worse than Parrhesia.

And stop talking about my not liking Nergal being Ninian's dad. I simply don't like it. I don't think it's canonical. However, you just insulted the ORIGINATOR OF THE IDEA AND THE WRITER with that lovely little example.

So understand why I'm getting upset over this. It's high-and-mighty and self-righteous people like you that I just can't stand here.

Edited by Ninian

Onmi, you're not helping. I respect your skills as a hacker, but all you're doing now is making me feel bad. That's it. Not being constructive, not giving suggestions for additions but instead, you're taking what was going to be a simple addition to the game, and basically ruining the premise for me. I can't believe I'm saying this, but...you're even worse than Parrhesia.

And stop talking about my not liking Nergal being Ninian's dad. I simply don't like it. I don't think it's canonical. However, you just insulted the ORIGINATOR OF THE IDEA AND THE WRITER with that lovely little example.

So understand why I'm getting upset over this. It's high-and-mighty and self-righteous people like you that I just can't stand here.

Sure I'm helping, here are the flaws in your project, either take steps to fix them or don't. But if you don't then it will be a flawed, horrible mess of a project. I'm not giving suggestions for additions because my own idea of what redoing FE7 is would require a complete rework, and I do not trust you or your team to be able to handle that, and on top of that it's simply my personal feeling of what to do if you reworked FE7, how I would address the flaws.

I'm not sorry I'm ruining the premise or hurting your feelings, this isn't a Hugbox, this is hacking. I am a critic and am sick and tired of people not getting the subtle hints that they are doing something wrong so I'm being blunt. And if it hurts then good, the truth does hurt. Your headcanon doesn't interest me, what your opinion is doesn't interest me. You can "not like Nergal being Ninians dad", but thinking it's canonical is in fact you just being wrong. Tough break, it's canon. Get over it. And I don't care that I insulted you, get better and I wont have anything to complain about, then you wont be getting insulted.

I understand why you're getting upset, because I had the gall to be blunt and to the point. And that's not going to change. You think I'm self-righteous and high-and-mighty? I'm a terrible hacker, just as bad a writer, I can't sprite, my maps are hilariously large and I had the insanity to smash my head against the grind stone for going on 4 years now. You know what I have? people telling me where my problems are, and me fixing them. They are not always nice, sometimes they can be very blunt. And in turn, when other people who work with me help out, and I am blunt back at them, they are okay with that. Because dressing up the truth in a pretty pink ribbon and hugging it out doesn't help anyone.

Edited by Onmi

I can't believe I'm saying this, but...you're even worse than Parrhesia.

I said your writing had flaws. Suddenly I'm your arch-rival.

Our relationship is moving faster than I'm comfortable with.

Just please, leave me alone. I've tried to ask you nicely.

You're both pessimistic jackasses who don't even DESERVE to read my writing. Parrhesia is a COMPLETE jackass, and should be put in his place. CT, you're not as bad, but you're smug and it's driving me crazy.

Have you, though?

Since you felt the need to edit your original response, I edited my own. In summation, this isn't a hug box and if you don't want to be criticized for your work then make your work not-shit. If you didn't want to be criticized at all, that's fine. You don't need to post your project, just work on it for yourself. Enjoy your own stuff. But you put it out in a public forum, so sucks to be you.

And I am sick and tired of the quality of the work on this place, I'm sick of bad writing, of horrible stories, of horrendous ideas. So if I have to play quality police until someone bans me or I finish my project (In which case I'm just gone from this place and I can hope, just a little, that people grew up) I'll do that.

Edited by Onmi

Ninian seriously there's no need to be acting like an ass about all this

There's such a thing as constructive criticism, and when people try to give it to you, you completely ignore it and act like hot shit that can do no wrong

You really should grow up; maybe it'd help with your writing, too.

(I gotta admit the bit with Renault sounds nifty, though.)

I just really don't respond well to criticism. I'm trying to cool down, Poly.

Onmi, it looks like we'll just have to change the trend of bad quality, huh?

Now, how about we go to ideas for additions you'd like to see. I can't guarantee anything, but if it's something we like, or has high crowd demand, there's a higher chance of it being included.

Edited by Ninian