FE7 Expansion Project

Haku

God, this was bound to happen

Brendor, we can just do the Ninian part for now, and then see how it develops.

To everyone:

I am helping Ninian with the writing as she doesn't know the ideas I have yet, I've helped her out too with some of the things she has written already. This project is still in its infancy, and we are very open to suggestions of things to add and fix. The points in the spoilers are mere ideas and are not rock solid. So if you have any suggestions of what you want added you can do so now.

Also Omni I meant by links to FE6 as in cameos of characters from FE6, like maybe a scene with Dayan and Niime, etc. I don't know

Edited by Haku

Also Omni I meant by links to FE6 as in cameos of characters from FE6, like maybe a scene with Dayan and Niime, etc. I don't know

that is precisely what he doesn't want unless i'm completely misinterpreting what he said

ok, then we won't do it :P

Also if it was only up to me I would make a couple of new gaidens, which I have ideas for, but I'm not sure the Brendor would be willing to go that far

EDIT: I agree with all of you that Nergal should be made Ninian and Nils' father as it is canon and I don't understand what's wrong with it Ninian

I've done the first draft of Ninian's recruitment converstaion. I'd welcome criticism and I won't get stroppy if you guys don't like it. I think parts of it are a bit overwritten, but I'll wait for some replies first:

Recruitment Conversation:

Chapter: Beginning of ‘Victory or Death’
(Bramimond warps in at the start of the chapter, instead of the lightning bolt striking)
Eliwood: Bramimond! What are you doing here?
Bramimond: Athos asked me to come and give you my… aid. Eliwood…I fear I have…little time left in this world. I would assist you once more…
Eliwood: Really? I would be honored, thank you.
Bramimond: Now…what one thing do you wish for most?
Eliwood: (If A support with Ninian)…My love…Ninian.
Eliwood: (If no/C/B support with Ninian) I’m racked with guilt…for Nils’ sake…for all our sakes…Ninian.
Bramimond: Very well…if this is what you wish, I shall revive her for you.
Eliwood: Thank you...Bramimond.
(Lyn and Nils appear)
Lyn: Did you hear that Nils? We’ll see Ninian again!
Nils: …*sniff*… I don’t know what to say…I am forever in your debt Bramimond.
Bramimond: You are correct, Lyn of the Lorca. But I still don't understand this emotion that you humans feel…it was such a long time ago that I was one myself…but I digress.
(Earth rumbles, screen whites out with a Rescue‘s sound. Ninian appears)
Ninian: …Where…am…I?
Nils: Ninian!? Its Nils, wake up!
Ninian: Nils? What’s happening? Where am I?
Eliwood: Ninian?
Ninian: Lord Eliwood!? Is that you!
(Ninian runs from Nils to Eliwood)
Eliwood: Ninian! I can’t believe it…
Ninian: Eliwood…what’s happened to me? I feel…different.
Eliwood: Nergal, he possessed you… (Depressed Eliwood portrait)…he fooled us all…*sniff*…he transformed you into your…true form…a… (small pause) dragon. We didn’t recognize you…and that’s when…that’s when…I slayed you! Oh…why…why did it have to come to that!?
Ninian: What? Nils is this true?
Eliwood: Durandal, the Sword of Sacred Fire…it was crafted during the Scouring…to destroy dragons…we went to retrieve to help us defeat Nergal…but when we left the shrine you were there, and I couldn’t control myself…the sword forced me to strike a fatal blow on you.
Nils: Ninian, Lord Eliwood would never do that intentionally would he? Trust us!
Ninian: Don’t worry Nils, I know Lord Eliwood would never do such a thing… he saved me once before, didn’t he? That is in the past…at least I am here, Lord Eliwood, how can I ever repay you?
Eliwood: (If A support with Ninian, closes eyes, normal portrait)…I would ask you to marry me, Ninian.
Eliwood: (If C support with Ninian, normal portrait)…Don't worry Ninian, just to see you again is enough for me.
Ninian: (If A support with Eliwood) …Lord Eliwood? Are you serious?...Of course I will!
Ninian: (If C support with Eliwood)…Thank you Lord Eliwood, I am eternally grateful.
Eliwood: (If A support with Ninian) Oh Ninian, you mean the world to me… I can never lose you again… (moves close to Ninian).
Ninian: (move apart) …Please, Eliwood allow me to fight.
Nils: No! Are you out of your mind? We just got you ba-
Ninian: Don’t worry Nils, I’ll be careful.
Nils: If you’re sure Ninian, but stay near Eliwood, okay?
(Lyn and Nils leave, Bramimond appears)
Bramimond: Trust me… Eliwood, she has unlocked her full potential now…here let me give you this Ninian…it’s a dragonstone. It allows you to change between forms on command. Your kind are very rare, like these stones, so make sure not to lose it.
Ninian: Thank you again, Bramimond, I’ll treasure it.
Eliwood: Still, I’m not sure...
Recruit Ninian? Yes/No
Yes
Eliwood: If you can really fight, Ninian, I wish to fight by your side.
Ninian: Lord Eliwood…thank you!
No
Eliwood: I'm sorry Ninian, but I can't put you in danger again.
Ninian: Very well, Eliwood, if that’s what you want. But please, take Nils with you, I know he'll be safe with you.
Eliwood: Yes, thank you...Ninian.
Carries on regardless of decision
Bramimond: Lord Eliwood, allow me to give you this…it’s one of the divine weapons forged during the Scouring, Apocalypse, the Tome of Silencing Darkness. I have one request from you; please ensure to return it to the Shrine of Seals when you return. These weapons must not fall into the wrong hands.
Eliwood: Of course Bramimond, I’ll take care of it.
Bramimond: …I must leave now, and spend my final days alone…I have much to prepare in such little time…before I…die. Farewell.
(Bramimond teleports away, with Ninian next to Eliwood)
Eliwood: (closed eyes) Thank you...Bramimond.
Nils: Stop skulking and come out! I can see you.
Lyn: What!?
(Limstella appears and original text carries on)
(Battle preparation screen starts)
N.B If Ninian is not recruited Nils replaces her. If Ninian is chosen she is a compulsory character for the rest of the chapters.

prepares for shitstorm

Edited by Haku

God, this was bound to happen

Brendor, we can just do the Ninian part for now, and then see how it develops.

To everyone:

I am helping Ninian with the writing as she doesn't know the ideas I have yet, I've helped her out too with some of the things she has written already. This project is still in its infancy, and we are very open to suggestions of things to add and fix. The points in the spoilers are mere ideas and are not rock solid. So if you have any suggestions of what you want added you can do so now.

Why didn't you tell him before? That's like forcing someone on a hacking team without them noticing :/

And as for the Ninian recruitment convo:

Everyone's out-of-character.

Eliwood is Emowood.

Nergal didn't possess Ninian. Ever.

And overall, I just don't like it. I'm sorry. Eliwood just seems depressed, and Ninian is way out of character in my eyes.

Ok, I didn't explain myself very clearly, so I edited the first post. I plan on doing the extra things myself after we have done the Ninian as a manakete insertion. And before people start saying its impossible we are just using a slightly custom recoulred myrrh animation. And I don't see why Ninian is being so stubborn either about Nergal not being Ninian's father: its fact and I'll try to convince her to agree with us.

As for the writing, thanks for the feedback:

Its a bit vague, but I'll try and make Eliwood more upbeat so he's not an Emowood :P

My bad on the part about possessing, I'll have to change that, but thanks for spotting it.

Could you expand on how Ninian is out of character?

Ok, I didn't explain myself very clearly, so I edited the first post. I plan on doing the extra things myself after we have done the Ninian as a manakete insertion. And before people start saying its impossible we are just using a slightly custom recoulred myrrh animation. And I don't see why Ninian is being so stubborn either about Nergal not being Ninian's father: its fact and I'll try to convince her to agree with us.

As for the writing, thanks for the feedback:

Its a bit vague, but I'll try and make Eliwood more upbeat so he's not an Emowood :P

My bad on the part about possessing, I'll have to change that, but thanks for spotting it.

Could you expand on how Ninian is out of character?

I feel Ninian's too brave in this conversation. You might want to fragment her dialogue a little bit more.

Other than that, I have no idea. Try looking at her support convos and dialogue in chapters. That should help more than me.

Edited by PixelmanFE

I would buy the story a little more if Brammimond revived Ninian without Eliwood's input. Regardless of whether Ninian was Eliwood's lover, I believe he would be stoked to see her alive. You should stick to one version of Eliwood's conversation with Brammimond complementing this.

I also think that the whole support conversation determining what Eliwood will say to Ninian is tacky. If you wish to demonstrate Eliwood's affection for Ninian, do just that. "Ninian marry me" is more telling than it is showing. I would scrap the whole thing and insert a single piece of conversation that implies the romance between the two.

I would buy the story a little more if Brammimond revived Ninian without Eliwood's input. Regardless of whether Ninian was Eliwood's lover, I believe he would be stoked to see her alive. You should stick to one version of Eliwood's conversation with Brammimond complementing this.

I also think that the whole support conversation determining what Eliwood will say to Ninian is tacky. If you wish to demonstrate Eliwood's affection for Ninian, do just that. "Ninian marry me" is more telling than it is showing. I would scrap the whole thing and insert a single piece of conversation that implies the romance between the two.

This. In a sense.

I have, however the purpose of a hack is to appeal to others. If it is for a small group of people, why announce it to a larger community in the first place? That is the message that your hack seems to connote right now. Excluding the few of you, I do not think too many people wish to play as Ninian.

My point: why are you guys working on something so late in the game? Most people start projects from the beginning of the game. I understand that you wish to insert Ninian as a manakete and then work on the rest of the hack, however it is an established fact that its pretty much impossible to do so. Camtech didn't say this earlier to taunt you. As for whether his word is meritable, Camtech has been hacking for years. I'll let you determine whether he has authority in the field or not.

I would suggest working from the beginning and slowly building up your hack before you attempt something as large scale as inserting manakete. I understand that you have an infatuation with Ninian(I do not understand the infatuation, I do know you have one) so why not work to create a hack revolving around her character? There is a lot of back-story for Ninian and Nil's that you can use to concoct a small scaled hack.

If you wish to stick with your expansion project, expand the game first. You should be "fine combing" the whole game before you begin to add Ninian as a manakete. Omni mentioned a few flaws with the game a few pages ago, it would be in your best interest to consider them.

best thing you can do now is get to work IMO, people are always going to have criticisms (constructive and not) about the project even in idea form, right now it's all theory though so if the things they're worrying about are going to be addressed by you eventually and you know it, the best thing to do is to get to work and therefore get to addressing them, while keeping an open mind for things that you didn't think about since no one can think of everything on their own

EDIT: IMO

and good luck btw

Edited by Blazer

Thanks Blazer, we'll do that. Also I have requested for this topic to be closed as it is drawing a lot attention for the wrong reasons. We will make a new topic with a release when we have finished.