Arbitrary Poll  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which Spider Man new villains would you like to see in future Spider Man movies?

So yep, Marvel movies. What do you guys think of them?

This is for all Marvel movies, not just the Cinematic Universe owned by Disney. Sony's Spider Man films, marvel films from way back when, the X-men, Daredevil from Fox, if anyone remembers that. Basically, if it's a movie with Marvel characters, then it's open for discussion. Feel free to talk about movies still in development, like Ant Man or Amazing SpiderMan 2. Just...no DC. Just Marvel, okay?

So yeah, chat away about what you liked, didn't like, want to see in later films, wished you had seen in films already out, idea you have for Marvel movies, etc.

Well, I'll start off and say that I'm pretty excited for the upcoming films. Amazing SpiderMan 2 is only a few months away and I'm really excited for that, and I'm actually going to go see Ant Man. I feel like the only person who want to see that, does anyone else want to? I do have one majot complaint though, and it's how they're handling Deadpool. I mean come on! You mute the guy famous for being 'The Merc with a Mouth,' and then you make us wait well over a year for you to get the movie you promised for him out? I haven't heard news on that for a while, which makes me not happy!

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iron Man is the best! Robert Downey Jr. made me totally love the guy. He was perfect as Tony Stark. lol

Iron Man is like Batman, only with a super cool high tech suit of armor and funnier attitude. :3 I loved all three of his movies, though the third one is probably my favorite. I LOVED that scene after he rescued those people from the plane. A truck going down the road nearby just slammed into the suit and smashed it to pieces and all Tony says is "Well, that came out of nowhere." XD

And of course, he's priceless in The Avengers too, especially in that fight with Thor lol. I can't wait for Avengers 2. The ending of the first movie TOTALLY sets up for a sequel.

I want to like the Spider Man movies, but they keep ruining him by making him lack the humorous attitude he has in the cartoons. And in Spider Man 3, Venom was overshadowed by Sandman. Venom is way cooler, he should've had the spotlight. :/

Edited by Anacybele

First Iron Man was great despite people seeming to only like iron man cause of RDJ. (Though I gotta admit, he's a pretty cool guy.)

Third Iron Man was disappointing because of:

Mandarin not being Mandarin

Spider-man movies never grabbed my attention as much as I wanted it to. Maybe if Carnage made an appearance...

Thor was pretty awesome, Loki has to be the best villain yet in marvel movies.

Fantastic Four barely gets any recognition, but I loved it.

And yeah, I agree about Deadpool. He deserves some more love in films.

I never read a ton of Iron Man comics, but I can understand the Mandarin being Trevor instead of magic ninja master. For one, that might not appear very nice to certain Asian audiences. And for two, Iron Man in the movies is very scientific in roots, like Spider Man, so I can understand them not wanting to have super mage in there all of the sudden (see Judas Traveler). I do have to respect the Iron Man movies for having what seems to me like the most differences from the comics, at least in 2 and 3.

I would love to see Carnage in a movie. They would have to off screen quite a bit...but I'd be interested to see the most violent and one of the strongest foes Spider Man ever faced on the big screen. For now though I am pretty excited to see Electro and the Rhino in ASM2.

And yeah, Deadpool really does. I don't mind Renalds performance, but...come on. I went through almost the whole ending hoping that I was not actually seeing Deadpool, but someone less funny.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

I\d say the most enjoyable Marvel Live action movie was that Roger Corman Fantastic 4 movie or that Captain America Serial from the 40s.

Does the Spiderman TV show from the 70s count?

I have major qualms about certain decisions that Marvel decided to do with Thor because he's my favourite and I'm anal about him

Like really? Demigod alien bullshit? NO. Give me God of Motherfucking Thunder with a capital G. Like Classic Thor and if you want more recent, JMS's Thor and Jason Aaron's Thor. Those are my absolute favourite Thors. Depowering my Asgardian bbs are my least favourite thing ever about MCU. Jason Aaron's run is fucking epic and best read with heavy metal and it's the most recent Thor run. Give me that.

Also not very fond of the way Jane romance is handled. The best Thor/Jane IMO is in this side universe series Thor: The Mighty Avenger. The way they did it there was good. I feel that Jane kept on getting role-changed into something to conveniently suit Thor's circumstances, though, and that makes me sad because Jane's character is now gotten pretty solid and changed much from oh no damsel in the 60s and I feel that marvel doesn't really treat her as a solid character on her own and rather a kind of plot device molded to whatever is convenient for Thor. That aside the movieverse romance is still incredibly rushed and could be handled better. A person I follow on tumblr wrote briefly (then deleted so marvel doesn't come after her ass) on what the original Thor 2 ending would be like before Whedon did his rewrites, and it was honestly a lot better. Don't get me wrong, Whedon is good at writing for a lot of things, but he's just really not suited for writing Thor.

On the other hand, plenty of Thor and Loki feels. Yes please more. I thrive off Norsebros feels. Needed more Sif. Everything needs more Sif.

The acting by Chris and Tom are amaze, though.

I still watched Thor about 10 times

I will watch Thor 2 about another 10 times when the dvds comes out.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Hulk sucked. I guess it's just hard to do a film for him. Iron Man 2 was mediocre. Spiderman 3 was awful.

The rest--that I've seen--are ranged from decent to very good movies, with my favorite being Thor. I really need to watch the second film. And maybe start reading the comics, as I'm pretty sure he could be my favorite Marvel hero.

Marvel movies are usually enjoyable while watching but mediocre in retrospect. See every single X-Men film, Hulk, Ghost Rider, both Fantastic Four films, and Spiderman 3. Others are an exception to that rule like Iron Man and the second Hulk film. And some are disgustingly bad even as you are watching them in the theater, such as Ghost Rider 2

Who, in this universe, somewhere in this galaxy, on which remote planet, casted Nicholas Cage as Johnny Blaze? Why would someone want to do that to their movie?

The rest--that I've seen--are ranged from decent to very good movies, with my favorite being Thor. I really need to watch the second film. And maybe start reading the comics, as I'm pretty sure he could be my favorite Marvel hero.

Yes do this

Oh, if we can talk about the tv shows too, I LOVE Spider Man from the 90s, that one old Spidey cartoon (I think it's from the 70s), and this more recent Spidey cartoon I watched, where he joins SHIELD to train alongside with a team of four other teenage super heroes: Power Man, Nova, Iron Fist, and White Tiger (damn Marvel for taking the same idea I had for a female super hero awhile back! xP). Peter Parker breaks the fourth wall like crazy in this one, and I don't like how they designed Green Goblin or Dr. Octopus in this one, and Aunt May is drastically different than her 90s incarnation, but it's still damn entertaining. lol

I've also watched some of Iron Man: Armored Adventures, and it's pretty cool too. :3

Edited by Anacybele

Marvel movies are usually enjoyable while watching but mediocre in retrospect. See every single X-Men film, Hulk, Ghost Rider, both Fantastic Four films, and Spiderman 3. Others are an exception to that rule like Iron Man and the second Hulk film. And some are disgustingly bad even as you are watching them in the theater, such as Ghost Rider 2

Who, in this universe, somewhere in this galaxy, on which remote planet, casted Nicholas Cage as Johnny Blaze? Why would someone want to do that to their movie?

They made a second Hulk movie? I think you mean Thor, right?

And I still like Spider Man 3.

Oh, if we can talk about the tv shows too, I LOVE Spider Man from the 90s, that one old Spidey cartoon (I think it's from the 70s), and this more recent Spidey cartoon I watched, where he joins SHIELD to train alongside with a team of four other teenage super heroes: Power Man, Nova, Iron Fist, and White Tiger (damn Marvel for taking the same idea I had for a female super hero awhile back! xP). Peter Parker breaks the fourth wall like crazy in this one, and I don't like how they designed Green Goblin or Dr. Octopus in this one, and Aunt May is drastically different than her 90s incarnation, but it's still damn entertaining. lol

I've also watched some of Iron Man: Armored Adventures, and it's pretty cool too. :3

That's the ultimate series, which is were old Freddie voices the 3 W King.

I myself am looking into watching Spectacular, from the late aughties.

That's the ultimate series, which is were old Freddie voices the 3 W King.

Ah yes, that's right. I love how they did Nick Fury though, he's pretty much a cartoonized Samuel L. Jackson! Just like how he was in Avengers! XD

...I liked SpiderMan 3.

I kinda hated it. I'd watch it again, though. I like super hero movies.

This is gonna sound weird because most people I know hated this movie, but I thought Captain America was pretty good the second time I saw it. It definitely falls off near the end, but for the most part I enjoyed it. I did not like the movie the first time I saw it.

Oh, and Nic Cage is beautiful, sir. Con-Air and Drive Angry are two amazingly terrible films.

People didn't like Captain America? I thought it was good, and I'm looking forward to seeing Winter Soldier.

Ah yes, that's right. I love how they did Nick Fury though, he's pretty much a cartoonized Samuel L. Jackson! Just like how he was in Avengers! XD

Samuel L. Fury is basically the official version of the character now, like how Toad went from hunchback to the British guy from X-men.

I think Nicholas Cage is awesome. D: He made me love the National Treasure movies! But that's off topic, so...

Another thing I didn't like about Ultimate Spider Man is that instead of Eddie Brock, Harry is Venom, and Peter is Carnage (him taken over by the same symbiote too, rather than a different one that the Venom symbiote reproduced), rather than Cletus Kassidy. I really have no idea why they changed these villains. xP

They made a second Hulk movie? I think you mean Thor, right?

No, I mean Hulk. That is how forgettable the older of the "new" films was. I'm not talking about the Edward Norton one, I'm talking about the Guy That Played Nero In Star Trek one.

I have major qualms about certain decisions that Marvel decided to do with Thor because he's my favourite and I'm anal about him

Like really? Demigod alien bullshit? NO. Give me God of Motherfucking Thunder with a capital G. Like Classic Thor and if you want more recent, JMS's Thor and Jason Aaron's Thor. Those are my absolute favourite Thors. Depowering my Asgardian bbs are my least favourite thing ever about MCU. Jason Aaron's run is fucking epic and best read with heavy metal and it's the most recent Thor run. Give me that.

Also not very fond of the way Jane romance is handled. The best Thor/Jane IMO is in this side universe series Thor: The Mighty Avenger. The way they did it there was good. I feel that Jane kept on getting role-changed into something to conveniently suit Thor's circumstances, though, and that makes me sad because Jane's character is now gotten pretty solid and changed much from oh no damsel in the 60s and I feel that marvel doesn't really treat her as a solid character on her own and rather a kind of plot device molded to whatever is convenient for Thor. That aside the movieverse romance is still incredibly rushed and could be handled better. A person I follow on tumblr wrote briefly (then deleted so marvel doesn't come after her ass) on what the original Thor 2 ending would be like before Whedon did his rewrites, and it was honestly a lot better. Don't get me wrong, Whedon is good at writing for a lot of things, but he's just really not suited for writing Thor.

On the other hand, plenty of Thor and Loki feels. Yes please more. I thrive off Norsebros feels. Needed more Sif. Everything needs more Sif.

The acting by Chris and Tom are amaze, though.

I still watched Thor about 10 times

I will watch Thor 2 about another 10 times when the dvds comes out.

Hahahah. Yes. The fact that the Gods are not gods kinda boils my beans too so i sorta just ignore that bit of the MCU canon. I also agree with the Whedon argument. Cuz guess what, guy is not as feminist as people yell. And his pitfalls are so visible that they get very old after awhile. I loved the jokes, but yeah....Im actually not a fan of Whedon's despite me liking some of his works.

My favorite Marvel franchise is obvious. Chris Hemsworth's Thor and Tom Hiddleston's Loki have the best chemistry and they play well off of each other. Whats interesting is that you get a good looking Aussie and a classically trained British actor on screen together, you'd think that the latter would one-up the former in every way. That isnt the case, since they have such great chemistry. (the unwritten kind) Hemsworth makes up for lack of formal training by picking up on Hiddleston's wavelengths and they both play ping pong with it. Its so fucking entertaining to watch. Seeing Hiddleston act with Hopkins is...beauty. Pure beauty.

Jane Foster is a good character but they fumble with her. In Thor, she was a strong enough presence to invoke sympathy and rooting for her. You want her to get her things back and stick it to S.H.I.E.L.D. You want her and Thor to meet again. But the romance was rushed. Thor (the film) needed a good half hour added to it. Im dead serious. There was so much they had to tell but couldnt...bah. As for Jane in Thor 2, hooooy....My brother already said the piece. I got annoyed that Darcy got all the awesome moments of asskicking while Jane was left standing around. Grrrr...

As for other Marvel films, im fond of Iron Man but i still havent seen the third one. I loved the original Blade movie, omg. The sequels can freeze in Hel for all i care. Those sucked. Im very meh on the Spider-Man films. Im kinda meh on Spidey in general though. Avengers was gr9.

No, I mean Hulk. That is how forgettable the older of the "new" films was. I'm not talking about the Edward Norton one, I'm talking about the Guy That Played Nero In Star Trek one.

Omg Ang Lee's Hulk was ass on a cracker! I HATED that movie. So bad...so bad. I want my Ruffalo Hulk film now!