A few additions i wish to make to FE8 and i am not sure how easy it would be

Duncan Idaho

I like two particular characters of The sacred stones that cannot be recruited until you clear Valni tower post game 3 times and a certain floor of Lagdou ruins, i am talking about Fluoro spark and Sun Stone, both are characters i feel sympathy and i do not like that they are killed with such ease.

I want to change their deaths and add support convos with some of the characters.

My question is my being a total n00b at the more advanced stuff how difficult can this be?

For those with curiosity my editing skills do not go beyond:

a) De promoting units.

b) Altering their stat growths

c) Altering the magic classes to fit my ends.

d) Altering the stat cap of the classes.

e) alter Promotion path

f) make weapons have unlimited uses and alter the number of remaining uses.

Thats all i know, all of it self taught by experimenting with a lot of roms of FE8.

I want for example Ephraim and Duessel being able to talk Fluorospark from her suicidal path and given that Glennis not hostile and from what i remember Glenn was not hostile towards Erika and was offed by Valter, so i would make Glenn Recruitable in Ch 10a and Selene would show up as part of EPhraim's entourage in 13-14A.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like two particular characters of The sacred stones that cannot be recruited until you clear Valni tower post game 3 times and a certain floor of Lagdou ruins, i am talking about Fluoro spark and Sun Stone, both are characters i feel sympathy and i do not like that they are killed with such ease.

I want to change their deaths and add support convos with some of the characters.

My question is my being a total n00b at the more advanced stuff how difficult can this be?

For those with curiosity my editing skills do not go beyond:

a) De promoting units. nightmare easy

b) Altering their stat growths nightmare also easy

c) Altering the magic classes to fit my ends. depends on what you want to change likely doable with nighmare

d) Altering the stat cap of the classes. nightmare also

e) alter Promotion path nightmare

f) make weapons have unlimited uses and alter the number of remaining uses. nightmare

Thats all i know, all of it self taught by experimenting with a lot of roms of FE8.

I want for example Ephraim and Duessel being able to talk Fluorospark from her suicidal path and given that Glennis not hostile and from what i remember Glenn was not hostile towards Erika and was offed by Valter, so i would make Glenn Recruitable in Ch 10a and Selene would show up as part of EPhraim's entourage in 13-14A.

eventing for those

all the nightmare things are easy

eventing, is easy enough once you know how it works and practice some

@Wintersmith, really? well i guess i'll give it a go, also what i meant by altering magic users is so that any magic unit can wield and use any magic, Light, Dark, Anima and staves, well any promoted unit, altering the route is that in my FE8 summoner class is outright replaced by Necromancer, not to mention i also altered Tethys so that she is a Female Shaman/Druid.

Also could you please give me some pointers?

checking the recruitment editor part there is no 13B, tho that can be easlity fixed, i need to swap bosses i have no idea how to do that, i need to make Selena the boss of 10B permanently, no idea how to do that either, no idea how to make Glenn show up in the map for 9A, altho i found a way to program the recuitment.

By Any chance you have a link for any FE 8 maps that have grid? i figured how to make glenn show up (in theory) but looking at the map i have no way to determine X/Y coordinates.

Edited by Duncan Idaho

@Wintersmith, really? well i guess i'll give it a go, also what i meant by altering magic users is so that any magic unit can wield and use any magic, Light, Dark, Anima and staves, well any promoted unit, altering the route is that in my FE8 summoner class is outright replaced by Necromancer, not to mention i also altered Tethys so that she is a Female Shaman/Druid. thats all done easily with nightmare

Also could you please give me some pointers? with nightmare, just play with it you'll learn how it works in not time, if you need help check blasers ultimate tutorial

checking the recruitment editor part there is no 13B, tho that can be easlity fixed, i need to swap bosses i have no idea how to do that, i need to make Selena the boss of 10B permanently, no idea how to do that either, no idea how to make Glenn show up in the map for 9A, altho i found a way to program the recuitment. In order to do this you would need to use events, arch made tutorial on this

By Any chance you have a link for any FE 8 maps that have grid? i figured how to make glenn show up (in theory) but looking at the map i have no way to determine X/Y coordinates. No sorry

I know all i did is fairly easy stuff, hence why i labelled myself as a n00b.

Can you link me to the Tutorial?

and *sigh* guess i'll download the coordinate converter and check.

Problem is that i toyed too much with the reinforcement editor and now Eirika tries to recruit amelia in turn 1 no matter what tab i select.

all the nightmare things are easy

eventing, is easy enough once you know how it works and practice some

This is FE8 we're talking about.

Eventing in FE8 is all but easy, honestly, and most of Arch's tutorial won't cover it.

This would be fairly easy. You just have to change some text for their Death quotes (with FEeditor), and you can add support convos with Nightmare + FEeditor.

As far as I remember, Ephraim could already talk with Selena.

You just have to add a conditional that makes her join your group after the battle if the event ID of their convo was activated.

I can write it for you if you want, but you'll have to insert that by yourself. ;P Just download the Event Assembler and learn how to Disassemble the chapter you need, ok? When you get the .txt file with the events, come back and I'll gladly write that part you need.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

I'll make later a few copies of the rom, trying my hand at using nightmare/nightmare 2 for modding the events made end up breaking ch 9 beyond repair so i had to use an old version to get where i was yesterday

Glenn i predict is going to be the difficult part, why? because i need to modd a cutscene i think it's post 10A the one i would need to toy with, because otherwhise he never shows up in the game map (he is killed by a fixed event, much like in the prologue Valter injures Seth)

I know all i did is fairly easy stuff, hence why i labelled myself as a n00b.

Can you link me to the Tutorial?

and *sigh* guess i'll download the coordinate converter and check.

Problem is that i toyed too much with the reinforcement editor and now Eirika tries to recruit amelia in turn 1 no matter what tab i select.

Blazers Ultimate tutorial is here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=22051

also there are a fair number of tutorials here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showforum=56

I believe you use a blank text file.

Got this error:

Finished.

1 errors encountered:
Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto.
en Nintenlord.Event_Assembler.Core.Code.Language.EACodeLanguageDisassembler.<FindTemplates>d__24.MoveNext()
en Nintenlord.Event_Assembler.Core.Code.Language.EACodeLanguageDisassembler.Disassemble(Byte[] code, Int32 offset, Int32 length, Priority priority, ILog log, Boolean addEndingLines)
en Nintenlord.Event_Assembler.Core.Program.Disassemble(String inputFile, String outputFile, String languageName, Boolean addEndGuards, DisassemblyMode mode, Int32 offset, Priority priority, Int32 size, ILog messageLog)
en Nintenlord.Event_Assembler.UserInterface.MainForm.<.ctor>b__3(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs args)
No data written to output.

How do i dissassemble a rom? the program is asking me for a text file and i am not too keen on using the sample one in case god knows what will happen

Never be afraid of experimenting stuff for yourself.

Just backup (even a copy+paste will do) every once in a while.

In any case, you have to use a blank .txt file.

There's a tutorial for Disassembling somewhere, search for it.

It's an easy task, trust me.

Never be afraid of experimenting stuff for yourself.

Just backup (even a copy+paste will do) every once in a while.

In any case, you have to use a blank .txt file.

There's a tutorial for Disassembling somewhere, search for it.

It's an easy task, trust me.

I tried to make use of a blank file, i named it blank.txt and then i select the file, my hacked rom, and i got the error and if i select the chapter option then i get:

Finished.

1 errors encountered:
Invalid pointer $EA00002E in offset 0 at pointer list.
No data written to output.

Well, that's obvious. The program doesn't know which chapter you want to disassemble, since you left "0" in the "Offset"!

Go in Nightmare, load the Event Data Table module, select the events for the chapter you desire, and see the offset there.

Then subtract 8 to the first number and you get the offset you should insert in the Event Assembler.

For example, if in the Event Data module, under "chapter 3 events", you read 0x9005000, you should write in the "Offset" of the Event Assembler 0x1005000.

Just write 0 if the first number is 8 (like it will probably be).

Next time you come here, bring the disassembled .txt file. I'm sure you can do it!

Yep, that's it! Bravo!

What do you want to change in chapter 9?

Mostly that Gen is deployed in the chapter after... turn 5 as an NPC and that Eirika can talk to him in order to recuit him.

I am going to dissassemble one more chapter and upload it's not much of a bother, it's an ephraim chapter but thats it.

Mostly that Gen is deployed in the chapter after... turn 5 as an NPC and that Eirika can talk to him in order to recuit him.

I am going to dissassemble one more chapter and upload it's not much of a bother, it's an ephraim chapter but thats it.

You want to deploy him in ch9? But that doesn't make any sense, he's supposed to die later. I would also have to reprogram the fight and all, it's a lot of work.

Find a way to get around that. Pick a chapter after the one where he dies and make him appear there, pretending that he somehow survived from Valter's attack.

But recruiting him in ch.9 to get him killed later is nonsensical. Also a Wyvern Lord in ch.9 is too much.

You want to deploy him in ch9? But that doesn't make any sense, he's supposed to die later. I would also have to reprogram the fight and all, it's a lot of work.

Find a way to get around that. Pick a chapter after the one where he dies and make him appear there, pretending that he somehow survived from Valter's attack.

But recruiting him in ch.9 to get him killed later is nonsensical. Also a Wyvern Lord in ch.9 is too much.

Oh damn, sorry, i havent checked cutscenes of FE 8 in a long time and i mix up Ch 9 that is the port one with Revolt at Carcino.

here is the ephraim one all i want is for Selene to go from Enemy to Ally after Ephraim or Duessel talks with him.

Here is Ch 13 the battle of Hamil Canyon it makes more sense is my opinion since i can make Glenn talk to Cormag and not make him show up right after the Ch 10 aas it took him some time to heal his wounds

You forgot to edit the link for the Ephraim one, it's still Eirika chapter 9. è_é Come on!

The attached file is the edited ch.13.

After you assemble this, it'll make Glen appear on the map on Turn 8, and it will be recruitable by talking to him with Cormag.

Remember that you have to edit the Text with FEeditor in order to display the conversation.

Go check that event file: at the bottom, I've included a few notes on what I've done.

Also please test this and tell me if my events worked or not.

Eirika Ch 13 Aias Glen edit.txt

Thanks, I now remembered i need two file of Ephraim if i am going to let Glenn live and join Eirika and the opposite stands for eirika's desert chapter i need him on the desert chapter, and whoops my bad.

Ok here is ephraim with flurospar chapter

Ch 15 Eirika desert

Ch 15 Ephraim

Just one thing for each (and it's my last request) in Eirika 15 once ephraim arrives Selene should arrive along him, and in Ephraim 15 from the start Glenn should be there along Saleh and innes.

*sigh* trying to assemble it gives me a long string of errors, i assume the process is not the reverse of dissassembling?

(Select Text file you want to add to the rom, select the rom you want edited and hit assemble using the correct chapter offeset)

[spoiler=errors] errors encountered:

File: EAstdlib.event, Line: 151: File EA Standard library\Boolean Logic.txt not found.: #include "EA Standard library\Boolean Logic.txt"
File: EAstdlib.event, Line: 153: File EA Standard library\Numeric Helpers.txt not found.: #include "EA Standard library\Numeric Helpers.txt"
File: EAstdlib.event, Line: 155: File EA Standard library\Unit Helpers.txt not found.: #include "EA Standard library\Unit Helpers.txt"
File: EAstdlib.event, Line: 157: File EA Standard library\World Map Helpers.txt not found.: #include "EA Standard library\World Map Helpers.txt"
File: EAstdlib.event, Line: 159: File EA Standard library\Weather Definitions.txt not found.: #include "EA Standard library\Weather Definitions.txt"
File: EAstdlib.event, Line: 161: File EA Standard library\Chapter Structure Helpers.txt not found.: #include "EA Standard library\Chapter Structure Helpers.txt"
File: EAstdlib.event, Line: 163: File EA Standard library\Main Code Helpers.txt not found.: #include "EA Standard library\Main Code Helpers.txt"
File: EAstdlib.event, Line: 165: File EA Standard library\Misc Helpers.txt not found.: #include "EA Standard library\Misc Helpers.txt"
File: EAstdlib.event, Line: 167: File EA Standard library\Convo Background Definitions.txt not found.: #include "EA Standard library\Convo Background Definitions.txt"
File: EAstdlib.event, Line: 169: File EA Standard library\Chapter Definitions.txt not found.: #include "EA Standard library\Chapter Definitions.txt"
File: EAstdlib.event, Line: 171: File EA Standard library\Music Definitions.txt not found.: #include "EA Standard library\Music Definitions.txt"
File: EAstdlib.event, Line: 173: File EA Standard library\End Of Chapter Helpers.txt not found.: #include "EA Standard library\End Of Chapter Helpers.txt"
File: EAstdlib.event, Line: 175: File EA Standard library\Convo Helpers.txt not found.: #include "EA Standard library\Convo Helpers.txt"
File: EAstdlib.event, Line: 177: File EA Standard library\Tile Changes.txt not found.: #include "EA Standard library\Tile Changes.txt"
File: EAstdlib.event, Line: 179: File EA Standard library\Trap Helpers.txt not found.: #include "EA Standard library\Trap Helpers.txt"
File: EAstdlib.event, Line: 183: File EA Standard library\Backward Compatibility.txt not found.: #include "EA Standard library\Backward Compatibility.txt"
File: EAstdlib.event, Line: 207: File EA Standard library\FE8 Definitions.txt not found.: #include "EA Standard library\FE8 Definitions.txt"
File Eirika Ch 13 Aias Glen edit.txt, Line 783, Column 21: Didn't reach end, currently at Comma(,)

Edited by Duncan Idaho

Thanks, I now remembered i need two file of Ephraim if i am going to let Glenn live and join Eirika and the opposite stands for eirika's desert chapter i need him on the desert chapter, and whoops my bad.

Ok here is ephraim with flurospar chapter

Ch 15 Eirika desert

Ch 15 Ephraim

Just one thing for each (and it's my last request) in Eirika 15 once ephraim arrives Selene should arrive along him, and in Ephraim 15 from the start Glenn should be there along Saleh and innes.

*sigh* trying to assemble it gives me a long string of errors, i assume the process is not the reverse of dissassembling?

(Select Text file you want to add to the rom, select the rom you want edited and hit assemble using the correct chapter offeset)

[spoiler=errors] errors encountered:

File: EAstdlib.event, Line: 151: File EA Standard library\Boolean Logic.txt not found.: #include "EA Standard library\Boolean Logic.txt"
File: EAstdlib.event, Line: 153: File EA Standard library\Numeric Helpers.txt not found.: #include "EA Standard library\Numeric Helpers.txt"
File: EAstdlib.event, Line: 155: File EA Standard library\Unit Helpers.txt not found.: #include "EA Standard library\Unit Helpers.txt"
File: EAstdlib.event, Line: 157: File EA Standard library\World Map Helpers.txt not found.: #include "EA Standard library\World Map Helpers.txt"
File: EAstdlib.event, Line: 159: File EA Standard library\Weather Definitions.txt not found.: #include "EA Standard library\Weather Definitions.txt"
File: EAstdlib.event, Line: 161: File EA Standard library\Chapter Structure Helpers.txt not found.: #include "EA Standard library\Chapter Structure Helpers.txt"
File: EAstdlib.event, Line: 163: File EA Standard library\Main Code Helpers.txt not found.: #include "EA Standard library\Main Code Helpers.txt"
File: EAstdlib.event, Line: 165: File EA Standard library\Misc Helpers.txt not found.: #include "EA Standard library\Misc Helpers.txt"
File: EAstdlib.event, Line: 167: File EA Standard library\Convo Background Definitions.txt not found.: #include "EA Standard library\Convo Background Definitions.txt"
File: EAstdlib.event, Line: 169: File EA Standard library\Chapter Definitions.txt not found.: #include "EA Standard library\Chapter Definitions.txt"
File: EAstdlib.event, Line: 171: File EA Standard library\Music Definitions.txt not found.: #include "EA Standard library\Music Definitions.txt"
File: EAstdlib.event, Line: 173: File EA Standard library\End Of Chapter Helpers.txt not found.: #include "EA Standard library\End Of Chapter Helpers.txt"
File: EAstdlib.event, Line: 175: File EA Standard library\Convo Helpers.txt not found.: #include "EA Standard library\Convo Helpers.txt"
File: EAstdlib.event, Line: 177: File EA Standard library\Tile Changes.txt not found.: #include "EA Standard library\Tile Changes.txt"
File: EAstdlib.event, Line: 179: File EA Standard library\Trap Helpers.txt not found.: #include "EA Standard library\Trap Helpers.txt"
File: EAstdlib.event, Line: 183: File EA Standard library\Backward Compatibility.txt not found.: #include "EA Standard library\Backward Compatibility.txt"
File: EAstdlib.event, Line: 207: File EA Standard library\FE8 Definitions.txt not found.: #include "EA Standard library\FE8 Definitions.txt"
File Eirika Ch 13 Aias Glen edit.txt, Line 783, Column 21: Didn't reach end, currently at Comma(,)

You don't need to point out the offset when you Assemble, since that's already written in the .txt file.

See those "ORG 0xOffset"? That's where your data gets written. So you just have to select your text, your Rom, your game and hit "Assemble". Simple as that.

The errors you encounter are probably due to some missing files in your EA folder. Please download the latest version of EA, it should have all the .txt you need.

If the problem persists, tell me and I'll give you my EA folder.

I'll be doing your other requests tomorrow. I just finished writing a lot of stuff for my own hack and I'm really tired now.

Don't worry! I'm glad I was of some help. You did your own work too, after all.

Let me know if it works, as soon as you get there. ;P

I Just reached ch 11, i spent good chunk of time abusing the tower of valni (thanks to everybody in the hack having 255% growth rates on every stat that can grow) i end up promoting people at level 10-15 rather than 20 like i do in the original.

So for training i need to take Gerik, Tethys and Innes for training in order to turn them onto Hero, Druid and Ranger (I consider the sniper class utterly useless) then i am onto the caer pellyn village and i go to train Dozla, L'arachel, edward, Saleh (Druid and Sage) then i can go move to Ch 13, after checking it works i will edit the text.

I have in mind something simple 'The Rumours of my dead were greatly exagerated by Valter Cormag, I spent a whole month under the care of the good people of Caer Pellin' 'So valter lied to me?! I swear i will kill him' 'Revenge never solves anything cormag'

Simple enough in my humble opinion, looking at glenn's portrait i see him as a tranquil person.

And when Glenn faces Valter 'Such a shame that your soul and mind were wraped beyond understanding thanks to the accursed lance' valter will answer with it was worth it for the power and Glenn answers 'I'll put you out of your misery now'

The ther key interaction is with Lyon, if Ephraim 'You could have made a good emperor, a good leader prince Lyon however you chose the parth of darkness' 'I did what i had to do in order to secure grado's saftey' 'is that so? does that includes masacring over 80% of the continent turning it onto a war zone perverting your fathers remains and then working with a being that nearly killed all of our ancestors?' '...' 'Good bye you majesty may you find peace in the afterlife'

Edited by Duncan Idaho