A few additions i wish to make to FE8 and i am not sure how easy it would be

Duncan Idaho

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally it works, beat Ch 13 and made the recruitment, i am surprised you gave Glenn a bright lance, considered how i over powered the 'extra' weapons along the 'ultimate' ones (basically the shadow killer, bright lance, fiend cleaver, something bow now negate enemy defenses, turn void criticals against you and drain HP of the target, the same happens to sieglinde, etc. oh and they give Dragonstone bonus stats, i thought of using well one of the demon king bonuses but it's not a good idea given they alter HP and if HP > 60 one hit from a trap=dead unit)

Finally it works, beat Ch 13 and made the recruitment, i am surprised you gave Glenn a bright lance, considered how i over powered the 'extra' weapons along the 'ultimate' ones (basically the shadow killer, bright lance, fiend cleaver, something bow now negate enemy defenses, turn void criticals against you and drain HP of the target, the same happens to sieglinde, etc. oh and they give Dragonstone bonus stats, i thought of using well one of the demon king bonuses but it's not a good idea given they alter HP and if HP > 60 one hit from a trap=dead unit)

I'm glad you're liking it!

In any case, I wanted to program Selene's recruitment tonight, but the event you gave me is totally wrong. You probably forgot to toggle "FE8" while Disassembling.

Please bring me the correct events. ;)

Here you go.

This will make Ephraim talk with Selena in chapter 13B.

The event is very simple, it's just a dialogue at the end of which she turns into an ally. You then directly go to the EndingScene.

You obviously have to change the dialogues according to the new events, using FEeditor.

Test it and tell me if it works.

Cheers

Ephraim 13.txt

Here you go.

This will make Ephraim talk with Selena in chapter 13B.

The event is very simple, it's just a dialogue at the end of which she turns into an ally. You then directly go to the EndingScene.

You obviously have to change the dialogues according to the new events, using FEeditor.

Test it and tell me if it works.

Cheers

I'll test it on a couple of days, i have to figure why VBA-M is refusing to add more codes, possibly the number (as some one removed the 'have almost all weapons in convoy' code

Yes, I apologize for not having done that yet, I've been really busy as of lately due to university exams, and in my spare time I worked on the battle template for my own project.

I'll get around those events in the next days, hopefully. I think the day after tomorrow. Just wait a little more.

Yes, I apologize for not having done that yet, I've been really busy as of lately due to university exams, and in my spare time I worked on the battle template for my own project.

I'll get around those events in the next days, hopefully. I think the day after tomorrow. Just wait a little more.

No problem!, i am on a similar situation, exams are killing me.

Tbh i was going to attempt doing it on Nightmare as i once did something like that for accident on Ephraims river of regrets (Ch 17 iirc) i basically took an NPC, a civilian, changed his class to Pegaus Knight and his portrait to Syrene and voila! i had her, of course then i found out i had two duplicates of the same character given that for some reason the Eirika chapter Syrenne also rules the ephraim's chapter Syrenne.

But what i most curious is about the digits for the classes abilities, in particular great shield and Slayer, i could finish my last wish with this hack by granting Valkyries and Magic Knights along Sages Slayer and Great Shiled ofr Paladins and Great Knights, nightmare does not shows them.

Edited by Duncan Idaho

Haha that doesn't work most of the times, you should really learn to load units with events, it's quite simple once you get used to it.

Anyway sorry for the delay, I still haven't found the proper time to work on that, despite it being a quite simple task.

I'll bring you those events on the 28th or 29th, 'k?

Haha that doesn't work most of the times, you should really learn to load units with events, it's quite simple once you get used to it.

Anyway sorry for the delay, I still haven't found the proper time to work on that, despite it being a quite simple task.

I'll bring you those events on the 28th or 29th, 'k?

I'll try learning in a few months i have no time, this friday i have a partial test of Philosophy of the law then i have the next week my Obligations/contracts test and at least a two month period of cool down before May-june-july of partial tests and finals.

I suspected it would be an issue so i thought of avoid testing the theory.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah sorry I'm late, I've been a lot of stuff to work on as of lately.

These are wrong, you probably didn't toggle "FE8" while Disassembling.

Also, they're the same file.

Please pay more attention next time. Bring me the right events and I'll add the stuff you want.

Ok here we go.

I don't have the previous texts anymore, so I couldn't figure out where I could insert the data exactly. You will do that, alright? Just follow these steps:

A) Backup your Rom. We never know what might happen.

B) Assemble the last events text I gave you. Read the "Ending Offset" that should pop out in the confirmation screen.

C) Open Microsoft Calculator (or any other calculator that supports hex), toggle 'hex', write the offset you read before and add... 50 to that.

D) Open one of the two event texts I'm giving you now (Eirika's or Ephraim's).

E) At the beginning, there should be "ORG $???????". Just replace the question marks with the offset you got in the calculator.

F) Save and assemble. If everything goes well (I'm not sure since I have not tested it) then check the EndingOffset again. If for some reason it doesn't work, just report it to me.

G) Same as before, you put this new offset in the Calculator and add 50.

H) You write the new offset you get into the other ORG of the other text you've yet to insert.

I) Save and assemble.

Tell me if everything works.

Eirika ch 15.txt

Ephraim ch 15.txt

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Ok i am following your instructions the first offset for eirika (i used your third edit on Aias Glen.txt) is B2BDBC adding 50 to that gives me B2BE0C and after running the assembler with the newly edited text i get B2CEC0 ephraim is B2D494 adding 50 to that gives me B2D4E4 and at trying to assemble the ephraim data i get this error Finished.

1 errors encountered:
File Ephraim ch 15.txt, Line 17, Column 7: Didn't reach end, currently at Symbol(B2D4E4)
No data written to output.
For Eirika's chapter Selene arrives with a bolting and a fimbulvert at level 11, so i can say it works.
Edited by Duncan Idaho

Ok i am following your instructions the first offset for eirika (i used your third edit on Aias Glen.txt) is B2BDBC adding 50 to that gives me B2BE0C and after running the assembler with the newly edited text i get B2CEC0 ephraim is B2D494 adding 50 to that gives me B2D4E4 and at trying to assemble the ephraim data i get this error Finished.

1 errors encountered:
File Ephraim ch 15.txt, Line 17, Column 7: Didn't reach end, currently at Symbol(B2D4E4)
No data written to output.
For Eirika's chapter Selene arrives with a bolting and a fimbulvert at level 11, so i can say it works.

Level 11? Strange, she was supposed to be at lv. 4.

It must be because she was loaded somewhere previously, duh. Not a big problem.

Anyway:

this part bugs me:

after running the assembler with the newly edited text i get B2CEC0 ephraim is B2D494 adding 50 to that gives me B2D4E4

What? Sorry but if you used some full stops every once in a while it would be a little more understandable. You wrote B2BE0C in Eirika's text and after assembling it, the Ending Offset you get is B2CEC0? Then where did you get B2D494 for Ephraim?

Just add 50 to B2CEC0 and write the result in Ephraim's text.

Anyway, to fix that problem, try deleting the dollar and adding 0x before the whole stuff.

So, for Eirika, it would be ORG 0x0B2BE0C, and you should calculate that one for Ephraim accordingly.

Ok i checked the $ symbol is present, i figured what was the problem when i was replacing the ???? signs i missed one, i assembled the rom and it should work, let me check.

Yes it works.

Edit, now to answer your questions

I followed steps A to C the offset i got was B2BDBC to that i added 50 which gave me B2BE0C which i used on the Eirika Ch 15.txt you gave me.

For Ephraim i did the same exact thing so from the assembling i got the offset B2D494 to that i added 50 which gave me B2D4E4 which i then i used on the Ephraim ch 15 Glen is also of a similar level.

As a curious side note neither of them show up in the nightmare editor.

Edited by Duncan Idaho