A few additions i wish to make to FE8 and i am not sure how easy it would be

Duncan Idaho

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, altho i have been toying with the idea of having ismaire show up in River of Regrets, but i'll try to script that myself after i reverse engineer what you scripted and Hayden for the stall mission that is after the map filled with gorgon eggs.

I can see that near the end of Aias glen edit 3 you added a set of lines ordering the game to deploy glen, on a position and on the respective x,y coordinates but i have no idea how you determined the equipment.

Speaking of that you gave Selene two boltings.

I can see that near the end of Aias glen edit 3 you added a set of lines ordering the game to deploy glen, on a position and on the respective x,y coordinates but i have no idea how you determined the equipment.

This is Glen in chapter 15:

UNIT 0x25 0x21 0x0 Level(4,Ally,True) [12,04] 0x00 0x00 0x01 glenrepo [0x07,0x8D,0x81,0x82] NoAI

What this means is covered in the event tutorial for dummies, but I'll explain it briefly anyway.

The first byte, 0x25, sets the character. If you see in the Character List.txt, 0x25 is Glen.

0x21, as you can see in Class List.txt, is Wyvern Lord

0x0 sets the leader to the standard one, in this case Ephraim. Just leave this at 0x0 and there shouldn't be problems.

Level(4,Ally,True) is pretty self-explanatory. Set the level, Ally/Enemy/NPC, and finally True/False depending on whether you wish to autolevel your character to the level you set or not. Enemies usually use "True", while Allies have "False". I put "True" here just to add some spice.

[12,04] are the coordinates

The first 0x00 could be replaced with DropItem if you wish to make the unit drop the last item in his/her inventory, otherwise leave that as it is

The second 0x00 should never be touched

0x01 glenrepo tells the game to move Glen to new coordinates set by the label "glenrepo" as soon as it is loaded.

In this case, it was accompanied by:

glenrepo:
REDA [12,07] 0b 0x1 0x0 0

which makes him move to coord. [12,07] after being loaded at [12,04].

If you don't want a character to automove, just write 0x00 0x00000 instead of 0x01 labelname

[0x07,0x8D,0x81,0x82] are the weapons I gave him. Just check those values in Item List.txt

NoAI means... uh, that the character hasn't any specified AI, since it's an Ally.

If any of these values appear different in-game, it's because Glen was probably loaded somewhere before and his data was stored in the memory.

Good luck at reverse engineering my edits. As you'll notice, I really didn't do much.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

I am aware but what you did gives me a base of sorts to understand scripting on fire emblem, and i had the suspicion that the 0x25 was the pointer to glenn's character, the rest was more or less self explanatory, and thanks for linking me to that tutorial, now i need to figure how to use the text editor function of FEditor.