Which characters did you dislike in the game?

Please know that these are all just my opinions and please just take them with a grain of salt. I'm really really sorry if this comes across as rude, I really don't intend to be ..!! I'm so sorry this post is kinda long as well, I'm new to the forums but if this comes off as a bit formal I'm super sorry ;__;

It's impossible to complain about the characters you don't like (the point of this topic) without stepping on someone's toes, so don't sweat it.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta say I swung wildly with Inigo.

I initially found him to be meh. Then I realized he's Zelos by doing his parent supports.

Then when doing "Takeru's charge", I found that I really don't like him.

He's an ass. Not on Gerome-level of ass-hattery, but he's an ass.

Great unit, but boy's an ass. He's nice with Morgan, but that's... about it, and (both)Morgan(s) is(are) =the= bicycle, being great with everyone, so it doesn't really count.

The characters I personally hated:

Ricken (wants to be an adult, but doesn't act like one)

Maribelle (stuck-up)

Cordelia (after seeing the S Support Conversation with Frederick, it gave me more reason to like him and more reason to hate her)

Say'ri (lost importance to the story after Valm was done)

Inigo (girls, girls, and more girls)

Brady (as a unit, I wish he was better)

Kjelle (training and more training)

Gerome (a complete dick to most people)

Yarne (too much whining)

Also, the last 6 paralogues with the extra characters weren't really necessary, but it gave some interesting back-story for them.

Well i dislike severa because i don't like tsunderes, i also hate villagers specially in paralogue 3, and i alo dislike phila, walhart and gangrel :p

Tell me about it. I don't get why everyone LOVES Severa. She's annoying and brat and I feel bad for Cordelia's husband for putting up with her. (Btw I do love Phila and Walhert but I'm not one to get mad over someone's opinion. ^^)

The characters I personally hated:

Ricken (wants to be an adult, but doesn't act like one)

Maribelle (stuck-up)

Cordelia (after seeing the S Support Conversation with Frederick, it gave me more reason to like him and more reason to hate her)

Say'ri (lost importance to the story after Valm was done)

Inigo (girls, girls, and more girls)

Brady (as a unit, I wish he was better)

Kjelle (training and more training)

Gerome (a complete dick to most people)

Yarne (too much whining)

Also, the last 6 paralogues with the extra characters weren't really necessary, but it gave some interesting back-story for them.

Say'ri is my personal favorite female character, but I was really upset after the Valm arc that she was pretty much thrown away after it. :C

It's impossible to complain about the characters you don't like (the point of this topic) without stepping on someone's toes, so don't sweat it.

I agree. I used to get made in the past about stuff like that, but now that I'm a bit older I've learn to respect others opinions with no problems.

The only character That annoyed me from start to finish was Yarne for how whiny and cowardly he was.

I liked Vaike at first, but he needed to grow past his 'Vaikeness' to not be annoying later on. It got old.

I found Sumia harder to keep alive than Donnel for some reason, which made me not use her even on casual mode. Donnel is also a real pain to get to be useful, but I don't have a problem with their characters. I just don't like using them in battle.

For the most part I like the personalities of the characters and find the villains to be inoffensive to pretty good. I find the supports to help a lot in fleshing out the characters when they aren't always in such a serious situation.

Parent Characters For Me:

Virion(aka Lord Prick)

Donnel(worthless)

Maribelle(WHINE go marry donnel so I can get Brady)

Gangrel(bastard)

Aversa(skank :3)

Child:

Severa(everyone likes you but you're just a brat)

Actually, that's it for children XD

Ah, how I love zombie threads.

I don't think one week counts as a necrobump... Though I'm not exactly happy to see this topic again.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

My hated characters:

Ricken: childish

Maribelle: smugly version of Princess Peach

Cynthia: annoying, dumb and childish => ruins the falconknight class

Excellus: stinkier crossdresser version of Oliver

Gangrel: such a bastard

Validar: same

Tharja: pure fanservice

I don't think one week counts as a necrobump... Though I'm not exactly happy to see this topic again.

Public Service Announcement - One month is the necro-limit. Back to the topic at hand.

Man, poor Excellus gets way too much hate. Sure he is a jackass. It would be a problem if he wasn't.

He is supposed to be an evil counterpart to Robin. But his mannerism is the only thing he has going against him.
If he was written as a decent guy who believed that the path of his leader was the only way to archive peace but still did the same things he did for the purpose of that goal...
...then this would put a guy who subdues opponents with threats and blackmail against a guy who subdues opponents by casually burning them to death.

So he needs to be ugly and act like a prick without any actual motivation or even the slightest hint at humanity, to make people overlook the fact that when judged by his actual actions Excellus doesn't look all that bad next to Robin.

Edited by BrightBow

Excellus does have a motivation: He is a greedy prick. Heck, part of Validar's backup plan was to have Excellus betray Walhart and bring the Fire Emblem to him if Robin failed to defeat the Conqueror.

Excellus does have a motivation: He is a greedy prick. Heck, part of Validar's backup plan was to have Excellus betray Walhart and bring the Fire Emblem to him if Robin failed to defeat the Conqueror.

His lack of loyalty is not a motivation. Neither is being a prick. They are just more traits added to make him as unlikeable as possible.

All that his willingness to stab his employees in the back does, is to further establish him as someone who fights for no actual reason.

And as for greed, that isn't stated anywhere. As far as we know from the script, he doesn't gain anything out of what he does besides a good laugh.

Edited by BrightBow

Aversa offered him the crown of Plegia. Quoting from the MUvsAversa battle text in chapter 22:

Robin
I'll never understand minions like you and Excellus. No lives of your own... Living only to serve at the beck and call of your masters. Pathetic.

Aversa
Oh? I might say as much about your relationship to the prince... And please, don't lump me in with that half-witted little toad. Excellus was nothing but a pawn on our board. Another actor on our stage. His ambition was our insurance against Walhart's threat. If you had failed, he might have destroyed the empire from the inside. But in the end, he was just another puppet whose strings we had to cut.

Robin
Then you've confirmed my theory.

Aversa
Yes, I promised him the Plegian throne in exchange for the Emblem... He jumped at the offer! Well, as much as the fat little piggie could jump... Men are all the same. Learn their ambition, and you have them by the— Oho... Well, perhaps Excellus was a bit different in that respect...

Aversa offered him the crown of Plegia. Quoting from the MUvsAversa battle text in chapter 22:

Robin

I'll never understand minions like you and Excellus. No lives of your own... Living only to serve at the beck and call of your masters. Pathetic.

Aversa

Oh? I might say as much about your relationship to the prince... And please, don't lump me in with that half-witted little toad. Excellus was nothing but a pawn on our board. Another actor on our stage. His ambition was our insurance against Walhart's threat. If you had failed, he might have destroyed the empire from the inside. But in the end, he was just another puppet whose strings we had to cut.

Robin

Then you've confirmed my theory.

Aversa

Yes, I promised him the Plegian throne in exchange for the Emblem... He jumped at the offer! Well, as much as the fat little piggie could jump... Men are all the same. Learn their ambition, and you have them by the— Oho... Well, perhaps Excellus was a bit different in that respect...

Which oddly implies that Excellus was a eunuch. I found that interesting and a tad bit annoying. Varys wannabe

I thought it implied that she was calling him a woman.

As for protags...I've always really, REALLY disliked Severa. Seriously, I always feel so bad about recruiting her, since I actually really like Cordelia and most of her supports are super sweet. The "grew a tough and prickly outer shell to avoid getting hurt again and losing anyone else she cared about" only works if said prickly shell actually GOES AWAY, or at least has enough cracks in it that we never forget why she grew it. That still doesn't excuse her manipulating her dad into spending a huge amount of money on dresses and accessories, going out of her way to insult everyone she comes across (particularly Cynthia and Owain), spending all of the budget AGAIN on fruit instead of actual supplies in her support with Laurent, and generally being a self-absorbed little brat who always has to make everything all about her.

As of my latest playthrough, I'm realizing that Kjelle is also a massive dick. She bites Inigo's head off for literally only inviting her to take a break from training to have a cup of tea and a slice of cake with him (even after he specifically says he's not trying to hit on her and has complimented her form), completely dismisses Brady's desire to train when he expresses that he looks up to and wants to be as strong as her because as far as she's concerned he'll break in seconds and then they'll "be down a healer," and literally sees everyone who's not as strong as or stronger than her as "cannon fodder," even at the end of her non-slibing Lucina support. Sully, I would've thought you'd have raised your kid better than this.

Speaking of Sully, I never really warmed up to her, though I do like her a lot better than I did in my first run and a hell of a lot more her daughter. I'm also not a huge fan of Vaike or Gerome. I'm kind of meh on Frederick and Inigo (though I do think Inigo gets a lot of undeserved hate).

For units, I mainly used the Chrom (neccesary so), Olivia (Chrom Wife), All of the children, My Unit. I only used the other adults before i had access to children and to give my children higher stats and good skills when i recruited them.

I went and limit breakered/ max statted everyone though. My children still have a better variety of skills and stats than the parents, so i never really never liked using the parent units.

I sometimes used Nowi and tiki as manaketes for fun, and Panne as an assassin (58 Speed and 61 skill or something, but Yarne's is STILL higher)

As for their natures, i dislike:

Cynthia - too much of a Child

Maribelle - too conceited

Owain - too much storytelling; however, he improves in the end of Future Past 3 soo

Vaike - "It's Vaike Time" "Enter the Vaike" "Vaike etc."

Virion - philanderer

Nowi - Acts too much like a little girl when shes over 1000 years old. Her daughter is more mature than her,

Frederick - Milord.

Yarne - Coward

Tharja - Even when I used a female MU, I was still being stalked.

Gregor - Manner of speech, his name is not even Gregor

Donnel - pothead, speaking issues. Also, people only use him for aptitude. He's pretty much useless for me later on.

I don't see why everyone doesn't like Emmeryn. If she hadn't jumped off, all of Plegia would still be fighting rather than put their arms down and leave. Ylisse could have fallen if she didn't fall. Plus, she has a pretty high magic cap (second in game)

Also, for Gangrel you later on learn the backstory behind his actions, so he's really not that bad (although he looks ugly)

Enemies:

Excellus - Yes, I am a boy, girl, animal, plant, mineral

Aversa - named aversa for a reason. So you can develop a deep seated distaste for her. Even when she joins our side, shes still annoying.

Validar - Child Abuse

The minister/something - the guy that Vasto kills in chapter 6 or something where cordelia enters. the one who betrays us.

Yen'Fay - At least let her sister know or something that your protecting her.

I ended up liking Walhart (I am INEXORABLEeeeeeeeee)

Tell me about it. I don't get why everyone LOVES Severa. She's annoying and brat and I feel bad for Cordelia's husband for putting up with her. (Btw I do love Phila and Walhert but I'm not one to get mad over someone's opinion. ^^)

i know hahah i hate severa's support convos specially with cynthia and owain :p i dislike walhart bc he is a terrible dad xD and for phila well she is just there and dies :p

PS: i also dislike kjelle bc of her support convos but i forget to mention that >_<

Edited by SoulSilver

A lot of the characters left really poor first impressions on me, like Virion, Maribelle, and Henry, but in time I grew to love pretty much everybody.

…Except Anna.

She's the only one whose weird, unlikable quirk was too lopsided compared to any positive traits she was supposed to have-- and so far as I've seen, there really aren't any. Avarice is not a likable personality trait to have, especially when it's your only one. I think she COULD have been interesting, if maybe they dove a little deeper into why she's so tightfisted with her money and such, but as it is, she's basically just greedy without explanation nor concern for anyone but herself. (Hell even Tharja's questionable actions with how she treats her daughter are explained better, if not justified!)

I think her confession quote pretty much sums up what I don't like about her:

Keep this up, and someday I may love you more than money!

Anna's cool in the other games, but I hate how she has hardcore Nurse Joy syndrome in this one… And that's… just… …stupid.

...Incidentally, everyone's favorite punching bag Tharja is one of my favorite people in this game. <3 I get why people have a problem with her, I really do, but... I just can't bring myself to dislike her, she's so morbidly adorable >w< And not altogether a terrible person either despite how she treats people. I swear I must be the only person who doesn't just like Tharja because she's hawt.

For units, I mainly used the Chrom (neccesary so), Olivia (Chrom Wife), All of the children, My Unit. I only used the other adults before i had access to children and to give my children higher stats and good skills when i recruited them.

I went and limit breakered/ max statted everyone though. My children still have a better variety of skills and stats than the parents, so i never really never liked using the parent units.

I sometimes used Nowi and tiki as manaketes for fun, and Panne as an assassin (58 Speed and 61 skill or something, but Yarne's is STILL higher)

As for their natures, i dislike:

Cynthia - too much of a Child

Maribelle - too conceited

Owain - too much storytelling; however, he improves in the end of Future Past 3 soo

Vaike - "It's Vaike Time" "Enter the Vaike" "Vaike etc."

Virion - philanderer

Nowi - Acts too much like a little girl when shes over 1000 years old. Her daughter is more mature than her,

Frederick - Milord.

Yarne - Coward

Tharja - Even when I used a female MU, I was still being stalked.

Gregor - Manner of speech, his name is not even Gregor

Donnel - pothead, speaking issues. Also, people only use him for aptitude. He's pretty much useless for me later on.

You hold "Philanderer" against Virion...

and then proceed to not list Inigo.

The hell.

Virion at least has some respect about it, come on.