Chrom pairing help - Sumia or Maribelle

JayPaperGod

18 members have voted

1. 1. Waifu for Chrom

• Sumia
    • Maribelle

For my playthrough I'm dubbing "Challenge", and will be recording (if I can ever get a capture board).

The challenge is I won't pair for optimization, I'll pair for what I like, plot wise. Everyone must also end in original classes, barring those who don't promote (Olivia, Donnel, Yarne, Panne, Tiki, Nah and Nowi).

I'll either do Maribelle or Sumia - my two OTPs for Chrom.

I like Maribelle with Chrom a little bit more - "protect your sister" is better than "eat my pies". However, I do enjoy the MU x Maribelle ship, and Brady x Lucina.

I have skillsets for every child that could come of these pairs - they are in the italics below. However, I want some assistance determining which ship to do.

If Chrom x Maribelle, I'll do FeMU with Libra because my waifu is taken and Sumia x Henry

If Chrom x Sumia, I'll do MaMU with Maribelle.

Any help would be lovely.

Skillsets

Maribelle!Lucina

Aether, Galeforce, RK, Lifetaker, LB

Sumia!Lucina

Aether, Galeforce, Renewal, RK, LB

Chrom!Brady

Rightful King, Aggressor, Luna, Galeforce, LB

Chrom!Cynthia

Aether, Galeforce, Iote's Shield, All Stats+2, LB

Edited by JayPaperGod

Just to nitpick, donnel should really be the only exempt one.

Manaketes are far from bad and Taguel is at least usable.

I pick Maribelle though because of Brady + I don't really like sumia at all

Edited by Tribute

What mode is this on, and are you grinding? If you have LB, it's not much of a challenge run.

Olivia is infinitely better as a dancer than any other class. Why use your only dancer as a generic Dark Flier or Assassin (without any good offensive procs or support skills) when she can dance instead?

RK is a waste on Brady, better to give him Tomefaire to make up for Chrom's poor Mag.

Donnel should be the only one exempt from your "all original classes" rule, not the other way around. All the other special class characters are either perfectly useable or at their best in their special classes.

Why should Donnel be exempt? I make him a Dread Fighter

As in Donnel should be the only one exempt from ending as the starting class.

Dancer./Manakete/Taguel are all perfectly viable.

But keeping him as a villager makes him non usable

• 2 weeks later...

I like Chrom x Maribelle, so Lucina can have Dual Strike+, Dual Guard+, and Dual Support+, all at once. Plus, I like the idea of Brady being royalty.

I'd say ChromXSumia, it'll be more useful if you have your heart set on one of the two of them

Maribelle's best use if paired with Chrom is to get Brady into the world as soon as possible. Because through this pairing, you can be completely insane like me and plot out how to have, at max, a 101% chance to get a bullion through despoil. /shamelessplugover

But seriously, I'd pick Sumia, I'd also get Brady armsthrift and have him be amazing

Maribelle's best use if paired with Chrom is to get Brady into the world as soon as possible. Because through this pairing, you can be completely insane like me and plot out how to have, at max, a 101% chance to get a bullion through despoil. /shamelessplugover

Too bad you will only ever get two drops... three if Olivia's dancing for you per turn. xD

Shame it doesn't work on Enemy Phase. xD

You'd rather have +10% Luna (which only works when in front) than permanent +5 Mag? OK.

I don't know about this because I haven't played Awakening for a while, but I think Chrom's son or daughter gets Royal King or Aether, respectively, regardless of Chrom's skills. As in, Brady always get Royal King and never the Tomefaire skill.

Edited by mariovsonic999

I don't know about this because I haven't played Awakening for a while, but I think Chrom's son or daughter gets Royal King or Aether, respectively, regardless of Chrom's skills. As in, Brady always get Royal King and never the Tomefaire skill.

That's correct.

Too bad you will only ever get two drops... three if Olivia's dancing for you per turn. xDShame it doesn't work on Enemy Phase. xD

We can't all farm golden gaffe for money, and it's not too hard to manage if you go against, say, Edward's team

Yes, Brady always gets RK, but he also learns Tomefaire as a Lv.15 Sage. I was saying TC should replace RK on his Brady's ending skillset with Tomefaire.

Well, if you're trying to challenge yourself, I pretty much consider it a slight handicap to pair Chrom with anyone other than Sumia. It's just so great being able to move Chrom all over the place, plus his bonuses seem to help Sumia a lot when you first get her, and they build support points really fast. I just find them really easy to use together.