Fire Emblem: The Cycle of Light and Darkness

Topaz Light

Okay, so I realize that this isn't the first time this has been posted about, but for some reason this old bootleg Fire Emblem game caught my eye. I was able to track down a ROM of it and start playing it a little. I don't really fully understand the way the game is structured, but I did take several screenshots of it. I'm kinda curious what the characters' names are (although I've heard the main hero is just "Marth" despite looking like a blonde Leif), so if anyone who knows Chinese can provide translations of any of this, however basic, it'd be much appreciated.

[spoiler=Screenshots]The title screen. The main title and subtitle are actually pretty nicely animated which is neat. Doesn't have the traditional Fire Emblem theme for this screen, though, which is kinda not surprising.

xqcj3IO.png

Some intro snapshots. The text in this part goes by really fast; I dunno if it'd be easily readable even for a native speaker of Chinese.

arry8Mh.pngLSKgZ7M.pngROL888t.png

And now we get to starting a new game. This Shield of Seals pops up with some more of what I can only assume is expository narration.

R7Nf0sG.png

Here is, of course, Firstboss McBanditman, as per series standard, giving some cocky rant probably.

OUEkHK6.png

Player and Enemy Phase banners.

3zCJS0R.pngrtHwICI.png

Basic map menu and unit command menu, respectively.

DrcQt48.png8j7iEb3.png

Some snapshots of the battle preview and interface. Characters seem to have little damage knockback animations which the official series didn't have until Path of Radiance, so that's pretty cool. Also, the battle theme's cool, but the intro's kinda long so you don't usually get to hear much of the rest of the song, sadly.

1RdrJTC.png98VIpgg.pngu3oCUwn.png

And finally, all the starting team's stat pages as well as a generic enemy's. Probably should've screencapped the boss instead but eh.

KxzFicg.png1hXolWa.pngvYNaVCX.png

MtRtF0u.pngKMAPvX6.pngHrukBoB.png

Yeah, this ROM. I was doing a

of sorts and it gets rather difficult later on.

Note: the only map that looks like FE1 is the first one. The rest are custom. Also, the music is good at first but it get really repetitive. I really like that you can choose what attributes to build up. P2 style

Edited by TatsuyaSuou