Smirks' Sprites

Lt.Smirks

cBPYwhX.gif

I made his sword, added some dirt splashes and finished 1/3 of the frames.

Timing still needs some work but I'll polish that after I finish the frames.

Edited by Smirkser Jr.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cBPYwhX.gif

I made his sword, added some dirt splashes and finished 1/3 of the frames.

Timing still needs some work but I'll polish that after I finish the frames.

Did you sculpt the model yourself or...? I seem to have a lot of problems sculpting models QQ

The animation looks cool, but it is a little too fluid. You know the part where he lifts himself off the ground and jumps back into position? When he is holding himself up with one hand? Make that frame longer or make his arm bend before he pushes himself back up. This will give a better perceived "weight" of his own body and add an additional pause. It would balance the animation out, because you already have a pause after he slashes, so you should add a second pause for his recovery...instead of having slash pause recovery, you would have slash → pause recovery pause re-position.

Does this make sense to you?

• 4 weeks later...

Posted 04 March 2016 - 07:03 PM

The animation looks cool, but it is a little too fluid. You know the part where he lifts himself off the ground and jumps back into position? When he is holding himself up with one hand? Make that frame longer or make his arm bend before he pushes himself back up. This will give a better perceived "weight" of his own body and add an additional pause. It would balance the animation out, because you already have a pause after he slashes, so you should add a second pause for his recovery...instead of having slash → pause → recovery, you would have slash → pause → recovery → pause → re-position.

Does this make sense to you?

I see what you are saying but I disagree as he's not so much lifting himself off the ground but pivoting on his arm and the return as whole is meant to be incredibly smooth. Thanks for that though.

HNKBG51.png

New mug WIP

Also I'm happy to say that my hack "The New World" is back under development! So you'll probably see a bunch of stuff I'll make for that.

Is he looking at his hand? What's he doing with it?

UdQdq6J.png

I think he could use some broader shoulders.

Noted and Agreed.

Is he for your hack?

He is. It's a Selfie mug for my co-creator.

I am of the mindset that hands should only be added to a portrait if it adds something to the character. Anna's is kind of saucy, Florina's and Lilina's make them look timid. This one just kind of looks like it's there for the sake of having a hand. Depending on his character, I would change the pose to something more meaningful, like make it clenched if he's heroic/confident, right now it just seems tacked on. You might want to check your hackboxing (unless you're going xna?)

nYP74.png

You can read a single impression from 3/4's of the body, and then you have the hand area confusing things a bit. I think if you improve the hand anatomy and/or connect it to a familiar gesture, it'd strengthen the pose.

(Also very nice work on the face and hair and non-standard ear. Looks great~)

Edited by Lenh

I agree. With that pose, a cocky or tough guy expression would sell the choice. At the moment, he's just ( . ______________ . )

When it comes to designing, it all has to have cohesion, not just a cool pose factor. In other news, that's a pretty cool head. Arm muscles also need an improvement in anatomy, but I don't blame you on the hand-- they're fucking hard to do haha

• 5 weeks later...

qCLOm5L.png

Splice Comp

5suze8B.png

Almost done with this guy. Just the cape and spear left.

lkbEsoa.png

I really don't want to lose the hand :( But I'm seeing more and more how it doesn't really work.

I've been kinda slow on here because I've been doing a bunch of requests and personal stuff. Hopefully I'll finish something this week though.

Edited by SMORKASBORD

Nice Ephraim, the cape seems maybe a lil bright and the bottom corner is weird, the lance is also sort of weird, but the rest looks great!

Salvage the hand by putting it on someone licking their fingers and have him do something else.

7vG3vmj.png

One of those requests I mentioned.

0frJ7Mc.png

Goodbye,Sweet Hand.

Maybe now I can some crits on something other than his hand lol.

@Tao- The cape and lance are just blocked in right now, so thanks! Mug Medley mayhap?

• 2 weeks later...

It looks more like a High Priest Jesus with a dream of becoming a world-renown mathematical expert with a school diplona and a certificate for ballista-driving.

Edited by Glacoe

Dumpety dump:
qMOufsz.png
(note to self: never try to use Erika's face again)
QC02xOb.png
LqQFctS.png
An old Link I made a while back.

[spoiler=My little sister nagged me into teaching her some splicing ]

ZL47pAn.png

Its like Link and Ganondorf performed Fusion.

Eyes on that girl seem... slightly too big for some reason?

I uh... dunno what to say with the worm? Its interesting, but doesn't quite feel quite FE style yet?

Some parts feel a lil undershaded, and it seems to be more interested in the ground than potentially attacking what's in front of it... But that's just me. It is another cool creative design though! :D

Also, cool to be inspiring the siblings. :)

Keep on Smirking on, Smirks.

Its like Link and Ganondorf performed Fusion.

I uh... dunno what to say with the worm? Its interesting, but doesn't quite feel quite FE style yet?

Some parts feel a lil undershaded, and it seems to be more interested in the ground than potentially attacking what's in front of it... But that's just me. It is another cool creative design though! :D

Also, cool to be inspiring the siblings. :)

Keep on Smirking on, Smirks.

Oh my Anna he's back! Welcome back bro :')

Edited by Blue Druid

4Head

Douglas Old!Link 10/10. His quilted undershirt thingy looks nice ^^.

Edited by Eise