Top Posters In This Topic

AVNXDZg.png

Yet another WIP... I should really finish something

OiPLylb.png

{edit} slightly less WIP

ugRLcfu.png

{another edit} Even less WIP

Edited by Lt.Smirks

The king looks great but his beard needs a bit of texturing - it kind of looks like a block of plasticine on his face. Think you need to start by dirtying up the edges a little bit. The hair kind of looks like a bunch of tendrils going down his head rather than flowing strands of hair. Not sure how you'd fix that though ._.

Also, ugh, did you really wear a blue tie with a green shirt? #fashionpolice

Edited by Agro

that beard is supremely majestic

his beard needs a bit of texturing - it kind of looks like a block of plasticine on his face.

Conflicting messages ..

19JQtqk.png

Also, ugh, did you really wear a blue tie with a green shirt? #fashionpolice

No, but my eyes are blue and the black tie was boring :(

WAC52wn.png

Black tie, New colors, Different Eybrows

Ooooooooh spiffy.

Looks classy as hell Smirks. Nice work! :D

Animate this now... Eyebrows up and down. XD

King is looking intimidating. For your hack?

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

n8a8590.png

Help appreciated. This stupid braid doesn't want to work.

also which of these look the best? I tried out some more FE-style eyes in 2 & 3. The rest are mostly nose changes.

r4lfE18.png

I prefer the third one :)

I think the far cheek needs some AA work, there seems to be some banding? I don't really sprite anymore so I don't know exactly what I'm talking about

Gone for a week. How did you survive without me? XD

QB4fiun.png

wore armor before it was cool

I like it but I think think the ear show be higher up; generally the top of the ear is parallel to the eyebrows unless you're this guy

I feel like the hair should be more detailed too, looks like it's kinda blocky but I like the design

Ear at the eyebrow only works for straight on faces, this guy's is tilted quite a bit.

Here's some other FE characters with different angles and the reference I was using plus more hair detailing. just curl everything

JioBbFP.png

Nevertheless I see your point and raised it a bit.

lrqjLTu.png

Perhaps that is more believable?

New archer/thief class I call "Outlaw".

AQX19ky.png

Man that guy is defs gay though

I'm also glad you added some contouring to the cheek, it was something I was going to point out in the other sprite topic but I guess you fixed it before I had a chance to

I'm glad you guys like them! :)

I've been on a roll!

ugOfsEU.png

I made all these today. All are full custom except the ninja that uses Lyn's blade lord as a base.

LtoR: Outlaw, Gladiator, Ninja, Champion, Lancer.

Edited by Smirks

*nods*

Yeah, Smirks is making me wanna step up my game. ...and actually do some sprites for once.;)

Now actual critique.

-Arms of the Outlaw... Or rather lack of differences(as its a straight line) are making it seem less real than the rest of the Sprite(which is awesome design btw).

I know you like the smaller hands but you need at least a pixel more on one of them to differentiate from the rest of the arm. Arm as well, even when straight out has some sort of definition. Right now its TOO straight. Less like an arm, more like a pipe.

-Gladiator is good. The right foot seems odd in comparison to the left. As the right is facing the screen its understandable, but I believe it should still be a bit larger.

I like the design. But I suppose maybe give him pants if you want to tie him more to the Champion and the later European style of the rest.

Proportions fit well with the FE style though. Nice work.

-Ninja! I like it... But the design seems kinda bland? Also where are the sword sheathes attaching to? Is he just holding them?

-Champion! This guy! I love this guy! Great job! :D

-Lancer... Is a cool design that needs some tweaks, proportions and spear look a bit off... And his loin cloth could do with looking more PG-13. ;)