Smirks' Sprites

Lt.Smirks

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Colm is looking great to me.

-Ephraim is turning out well, but his hair seems oddly spiky to me atm. (Color it yellow and spike it up, I say!) ;p

-Love the design of the Griffon. Especially those wings... :o

Still think though that it should be less angled... More of the body shown to match the Wyvern and Pegasi more.

Likely easier to animate perhaps as well?

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

yl8nb4H.png

Getting there. Now that they're shaded the fingers look a little more proportional and his hair is spiky but that's how the OA had it.

VWJDZnb.png

slight modifications to maybe help the angling error although I was trying for an angle closer to the ranger/nomad.

Edited by Smirks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@Lon'kill- A lot of time and practice. The battler used Keiran's outline for a base and the mug is just Matthis from Shadow dragon.

WAXmjve.png

Better

nTlGaQV.png

Teaser

Edited by Smirkser Jr.

On the ones where you're using existing art you'd be better off vectoring the image and reducing the color canvas than tracing or transposing them pixel by pixel. For instance on the Kylo Ren you've put shading in the white on the left side of his face, but left off the consistent shading down his face. Original

The Ephraim the spear has an odd re-color choice if you're going for it being close to the original which I assume is given considering you take time to mention the hair. Original

Edited by Dwlr

• 1 month later...

Second Page? nooooo!!

Plgdevn.png

Continuation of my Stream of Fates mug.

Someone help me with this face, I cannot get his expression right.

EDIT-

8ZUjGpC.png

Nearly finished. Mouth and far eye are still a bit off.

Edited by Smirkser Jr.

Hey, nice job, glad to see you continued working on it! It's a shame you had technical issues during your stream, but it looks like it's turning out well.

Also I can offer no advice, so enjoy a purely supportive post. lol!

Edited by Tangerine

wfb3Xuz.gif

Inspired by Circles' success I'm giving blender animations another go. This is straight from blender without any edits done.

I messed the speed up though so it's a little fast.

I'm not sure if thats supposed to be a sword, a pole arm, or just a stick. The animation is smooth, but the standing frame is pretty boring, whatever the weapon it seems way too big to just be standing there holding it with one hand like that.

Currently it's just a placeholder "weapon". It will become a sword later and the size will probably change. The standing frame is kinda boring but I don't think I'll change it.