Male MU x Lissa /OR/ Female MU x Frederick

JayPaperGod

Now, this is a predicament I'm in

I want my Avatar to marry either Lissa if male, and Frederick if female. So, first that - male or female. Second, if male, and marrying Lissa, what asset flaw should I do so Owain can be a perfectly mixed Dread Fighter (ie. magic and strength are at most one point away from each other - so like, 42 and 43 is the biggest gap btw Mag and Strength) and Morgan still a passable Sorceror.

So, in summary -

1)Male or Female?

2)Asset/Flaw good for balanced Owain and magical Morgan?

For male marrying Lissa, +Magic gives Owain some godly high Sorceror potential, I did this and made Owain a dread fighter. Do not regret at all

Edited by eggs4king

Male MU/Lissa is a better use of Avatar since he'll have two kids, instead of one with Fredrick. Owain will be so much better. The only real reason your avatar should only have one kid is if you're marryig for a third gen Morgan. If you want a purely magic owain, go +Mag -Str, but for the balanced Owain and Magic Morgan, +Mag -Lck.

The problem with +MAG is that it gives 4 more magic than strength - why on earth would I use physical weapons on Owain? I want a perfectly balanced Dread fighter Owain - Strength and Magic are exactly the same.

The problem with +MAG is that it gives 4 more magic than strength - why on earth would I use physical weapons on Owain? I want a perfectly balanced Dread fighter Owain - Strength and Magic are exactly the same.

DF has the option of physical attack, in case of high Res enemies. He still breaks all, just now he has options of how. Could always go +Luck, as it gives both strength and magic growths, and makes Owain able to perfect armsthrift...

In before ana

ana hasn't commented yet? we all know her response already though

Freds a pretty bad mage parent

If Fred!Morgan, Morgan would be a grandmaster as child of my +SPD female MU. I only want Lissa!Morgan as a Sorceror.

Frederick fathered Morgan isn't a mage. xP He starts as a Cavalier. You want to keep him a physical unit, as this Morgan can be tanky and strong. And make female Avatar +Strength and this kid will be a POWERHOUSE. Take it from me, this is what I did.

Frederick is also totally awesome, imo. If you like chivalry, a hard worker, and knights in shining armor, he's your man. :3 He also is quite a sweetheart and keeps a cool head all the time, even when confessing feelings of love. Which isn't easy to do, if you ask me.

Edited by Anacybele

Frederick fathered Morgan isn't a mage. xP He starts as a Cavalier. You want to keep him a physical unit, as this Morgan can be tanky and strong. And make female Avatar +Strength and this kid will be a POWERHOUSE. Take it from me, this is what I did.

My female avatar is always +SPD, because I use her as the main unit, so I actually wanna kill some things with her on APO. If I were to do physical Morgan he would be a hero, though not a shabby plan

[

Frederick is also totally awesome, imo. If you like chivalry, a hard worker, and knights in shining armor, he's your man. :3 He also is quite a sweetheart and keeps a cool head all the time, even when confessing feelings of love. Which isn't easy to do, if you ask me.

Ummmmm

I'm JayPaperGOD...I simply chose Fred because brown haired Morgan and he's not gonna die of diabetes (Gaius), kill me (Henry) or make me feel like a pedo (any of the children)

My female avatar is always +SPD, because I use her as the main unit, so I actually wanna kill some things with her on APO. If I were to do physical Morgan he would be a hero, though not a shabby plan

Hey, it's your choice. lol

[ Ummmmm

I'm JayPaperGOD...I simply chose Fred because brown haired Morgan and he's not gonna die of diabetes (Gaius), kill me (Henry) or make me feel like a pedo (any of the children)

Er, I have absolutely no idea what you mean here, but there are other males besides them that the female Avatar can marry. :P

What I meant is that I don't really have Fred as my female MUs husband for the same reasons you have Fred as your's. I did it for stats and hair color - he's not my favorite male

and now the topic is derailed and I feel like a fool

How is the topic derailed? Nobody's going off topic or anything.

And I didn't know you were ONLY going for stats. You never specified if this was your first playthrough or anything, or what difficulty you're playing, even. I just thought I'd give my two cents on Frederick as a character in case you were a newbie to the game. Sorry for trying to be nice.

I would like to raise the point of 2 Avatars kids is better than one. Dem classes...

And as I think already said, +Luck gives boosts to both strength and magic, so both children would be slightly more magical, due to Lissa's influence, but would be very capable physical fighters.

Also, what difficulty is this, and are you grinding for all dem skills?

Edited by eggs4king

@ Anacybele

Sorry if I was mean - I just was trying to be funny…my luck is horrible and tend to twist what people say, especially over the internet, so I am the worst person to talk to online

@eggs4king

It's hard casual, and I'm gonna go through the game grinding sparsely, and for skills that will be passed down, otherwise just leveling through chaps, then, for DLC/post game, grind for dem skills

@ Anacybele

Sorry if I was mean - I just was trying to be funny…my luck is horrible and tend to twist what people say, especially over the internet, so I am the worst person to talk to online

It's fine, I'm hardly perfect at communicating myself. It's one of my weaknesses, really. :P

I remember marrying Lissa with my first Avatar, who was a +Speed/-Luck one. Owain's offensive stats as a Dread Fighter were both at 40, but his Speed stat was at a 46, meaning he'd double a good amount of the enemies. It was pretty fun.

EDIT: It also made Morgan into a very speedy Sorcerer which is fun.

EDIT2: There's also the option of making a +Def/-Luck Avatar to give Owain 40 in both Strength and Magic and possess over 40 in every cap that isn't HP... as well as transforming Morgan into the tankiest Sorcerer with 56 Magic and 55/58 defensive parameters.

Edited by Folt