More Pairing Help

JayPaperGod

So, I don't know which of the following to do:

Chrom x Maribelle and MaMu x Somebody (probably Olivia)/FeMu x Frederick

OR

Chrom x Sumia and MaMu x Maribelle

If anybody could help, I'd appreciate it.

(P.S. This is for a LP, which'll come out on my channel sometime in February most likely)

Edited by JayPaperGod

I'm a perfectionist when it comes to games with large amounts of customization. also, I only marry first gen to first gen and second to second (cuz I hate 3rd gen morgan - too many timelines), so…

I did Chrom/Sumia and maMU/Maribelle in one of my playthroughs, plus using a maMU married to Maribelle means you get two avatar kids instead of one. I'd say go for that option.

Two more questions, then I think I have everything out of the way:

1. Chrom x Sumia or Chrom x Olivia? If not Chrom, Sumia will go with Gaius.

2. should Maribelle!Morgan be a Dark Flier or a Grandmaster?

Sumia and Olivia are basically tied for best Lucina mother, but Inigo gets more perks than Cynthia does so I would say Inigo unless you're not grinding in which case Sumia for easy access for better starting stats and galeforce. (Also what difficulty is this on?)

Hard Casual (treated like classic with deaths, I just use Casual suspend-save a lot) with EXTREMELY minimal grinding until I get the kids - then I'll grind for the skills I want to pass down.

Gaius x Sumia makes a great Cynthia, but are you sure you don't want to use Gaius to pass down galeforce to Noire, Kjelle or Nah? Sumia and Olivia are both fine choices.

Dark Flier for Morgan.

1. Gameplaywise, Gaius x Sumia is the worst pair-up for Sumia since it wastes Gaius's Str mod and Pegasus Knight class to daughter.

It also weakens Cynthia's Meg.

And Vantage is less practical without a Sorcerer class which Gaius!Cynthia can't learn.

2. Dark Flier. However, a Sage is better if you don't really want Dark Flier's movement.

Edited by MelonGx

I'm a perfectionist when it comes to games with large amounts of customization. also, I only marry first gen to first gen and second to second (cuz I hate 3rd gen morgan - too many timelines), so…

Just going to uncasually tell you that all Morgans come from an unspecified alternate timeline that is probably the DLC.

And your reasoning is pathetic.

Just going to uncasually tell you that all Morgans come from an unspecified alternate timeline that is probably the DLC.

And your reasoning is pathetic.

Stop being so rude.

Sumia will likely give better bases to Lucina and her sibling, unless you Dance spam Olivia she's not that great (but you said you'd be grinding, so it doesn't matter).

However, since both Avatar and Chrom have a girl tied to them, marrying them both to wives with boys allows you to get two Gen2 pairings with only 2 Gen1 pairings (one of which is automatic, the other of which uses your best unit) which is pretty much the best thing ever for efficiency. Olivia and Maribelle are Chrom's only options for that, and if you're marrying Maribelle that leaves Olivia.

Then again, you're grinding so that doesn't matter either.

I'd say go with ChromxSumia with a +Mag/-Str Avatar marrying Maribelle for what's basically two magic-focused Morgans if that's what you're planning. While Inigo benefits more from having Chrom as a father, his class set makes him salvageable with other fathers, and Lucina and Cynthia become very versatile units if Sumia pairs up with Chrom for practically little work in the parent way.