Fire Emblem Randomizer Tool - IDEAS TOPIC

Klokinator

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FE7-reclass_zps00d22509.png

definitely, give armourslayer to Matthew, or make wire a soldier, that could work

also, the characters still have their old weapon rank, maybe you should make a patch that would take the weapon rank to all characters, but they would have the class weapon rank, so this wouldn't happen

8sao.png

That's what I meant before. Not sure what went wrong there.

She now have it at 20.

This probably happens because Serra has a negative Res base and Eliwood Lord has a Base Res of 1 or 0 or something. Probably.

Edited by Agro

zDzQFsN.png

Well S***.

Edit:

4IiHEqf.png

Well at least Eliwood makes a pretty cleric. And yes, this is the same file, I just tried Eliwood's story to see if it would be possible... two friggin healer lords.

Take 2 was much better:

J77V2dS.png

#Favorite Class

Raven's AI is weird - if he's a ranged unit, he'll move and kill the green guys/lucius immediately.

Edited by kurthnaga

Hi Klok, can I suggest not making Hector's first chapter unbeatable? I know that that's meant to be half the fun of the game but the truth is that if Hector ends up as a healer (which is kind of a turn on, don't get me wrong) then you can't progress at all unless you sit and grind out 1 EXP battles with Matthew until he has enough Str to do damage, which means that there's really very little point in making healers available for Hector. Is it possible to make it so that if Hector spawns as a healer, then Matthew gets something else e.g. an Armourslayer/Steel Sword/whatever?

Edited by Agro

On Llyod's FFO, he starts much more south than he's supposed to - is this a result of the randomizer?

Edit: Characters given the Lord class by the reclass cannot use the Heaven Seal.

Edit2: Characters given the Lord class of the game (hector mode, etc) cannot use the heaven seal. Other lord classes can.

Edited by kurthnaga

Edit2: Characters given the Lord class of the game (hector mode, etc) cannot use the heaven seal. Other lord classes can.

that is probably not really a result of the randomizer and more a result of the base game

On Llyod's FFO, he starts much more south than he's supposed to - is this a result of the randomizer?

Edit: Characters given the Lord class by the reclass cannot use the Heaven Seal.

It seems that Lyn Lord can, but not the others. (I had Erk as a Lyn Lord who could use it without any problem).

I think that for non-playable Female Units, It would be better to use the corresponding Male Class instead, because Promotion Bonuses are absolutely horrible.

Right, I forgot, Fiora tries to walk past water tiles to appear on the map. The way to fix that would be to edit this section of the text file:

Changing the bolded parts to [3,4] [3,5] should make Fiora spawn past the water tiles; it'll look strange but it'll be playable again anyway.

Might it be better to change it to something like [0,5], [3,5] which (if my non-existent knowledge of event editing is correct) would make her fly/walk on from the left without any issue?

Hi Klok, can I suggest not making Hector's first chapter unbeatable? I know that that's meant to be half the fun of the game but the truth is that if Hector ends up as a healer (which is kind of a turn on, don't get me wrong) then you can't progress at all unless you sit and grind out 1 EXP battles with Matthew until he has enough Str to do damage, which means that there's really very little point in making healers available for Hector. Is it possible to make it so that if Hector spawns as a healer, then Matthew gets something else e.g. an Armourslayer/Steel Sword/whatever?

I have zero to do with the coding. I just help figure out how to balance it and fix bugs.

Well im on chapter 25 of Eliwood mod, and everything works perfectly. People that have been reclassed to hector lord ect can use heaven seals perfectly. Eliwood and others can promote with the promotioin items such as elysian whip and others. The only problem is Serra's broken as shit res. Also I've noticed alot of similar classes. I have atleast 10 axe users and only 2 sword users. I have noticed that at the begining of Eliwood mode the characcters are simliar, like my eliwood was a fighter then marcus was a warrior ect. People would be the class after or the same class in the order or something. Like i had a bandit then got a pirate as my next unit, and i noticed in nightmare class module Pirate is right after brigand. Dont know if somethings wrong or its just my shit luck. But otherwise everything is great! and please fix hector mode or something :D

Vaida glitched, coming as a Warrior with a Silver axe and a Steel bow but not adequate ranks

g5f7Ckl.png

dFNO5TQ.png

I found out how the forced promotion works... for some reason it depromoted me to a Wyvern Rider level 1.

Before

ypFHWeo.png

During

bsxmdrc.png

After

aWWBrGW.png

Edit: Karla does not appear on chapter 31x if Bartre is not a warrior - in this case he is a level 5 paladin.

Edit: Chapter 32 has Renault as a Bishop with only a mend staff - is this a reclass that just happened to be Bishop?

Edited by kurthnaga

I have been having the same similarities. If Eliwood is a lord, Marcus is that promotion. I have also ended up with a ton of axe users. The most annoying thing is Guy and Serra on Eliwood's mode are always the same class. I tried this quite a few times and they are always the same. (Starting with Brigand, then Wyvern Rider, etc.)

Vaida glitched, coming as a Warrior with a Silver axe and a Steel bow but not adequate ranks

g5f7Ckl.png

dFNO5TQ.png

I found out how the forced promotion works... for some reason it depromoted me to a Wyvern Rider level 1.

Before

ypFHWeo.png

During

bsxmdrc.png

After

aWWBrGW.png

Edit: Karla does not appear on chapter 31x if Bartre is not a warrior - in this case he is a level 5 paladin.

Edit: Chapter 32 has Renault as a Bishop with only a mend staff - is this a reclass that just happened to be Bishop?

now THIS is a useful catch! We were dying to know what happens when Hector hits that spot after promoting. I'll have to disable this for Chaos mode.Again, thanks for the catch!

Eliwood and Marcus were nearly always the same class, but not always for me. I also ended with a lot of axe users - I'm wondering if there's a connection between Marcus and Isadora both being Berserkers. Florina and Farina were the same class as well - I don't remember if Fiora was too.

Also, I found another problem -

Because of the broken palettes for characters like Raven (who was a Nomad Trooper in mine), the dragon can very easily be glitched. Because the dragon if forced animation, but there is no animation for Raven with a bow, the game crashed. As such, be careful with the dragon :D.

Edit: Just beat the dragon - here are my MVPs... a bit over powered... especially Louise, she came in with about the same stats at Final Chapter Brendan or something. Of course I wasted all my stat boosters on Raven because Nomad Trooper.

rJEbV3u.png

bFdmiza.png

7qMX4yr.png(Effectively got a reclass because of forced promotion - 23 or so extra level ups)

ERctDtV.png

M0Wq0SP.png

Edited by kurthnaga

Yeah ive noticed almost 90% of the time Marcus will be a promoted version of eliwood's randomized class. Also 80% of the randomizes have alot of the same class/axe users. Almost see no swords users at all and alot of class repeats.

The randomizing algorithm probably just needs some tweaks. This is good feedback though. I actually played it a little myself just a bit ago.

6RCQj.png

Lowen = godlike

6RD8a.png

just whoa

6RDb1.png

best knight

6RDfs.png

THE BEST

6RDhP.png

incoming golden axe reference

6RDkQ.png

fucking hell yes

6RDlJ.png

WHOOOO BABY

6RDrn.png

SO MANY CRIT

6RDsF.png

RAGE. QUIT.

Edited by Klok

(Everything Klok said)

I wish I had classes like those...

All I got was soldiers xD me and my terrible luck.

Edited by PixelmanFE

I ran the thing through the reclasser 15 times to see what patterns I could find. I have posted my results within the spoiler below.

6FA8FKH.png

As you can see, there are some classes that consistently are more evident – Wyvern Rider, Pegasus Knight, Shaman, Pirate, Hector Lord, Myrmidon, and Brigand.

Eliwood and Marcus often end up with similar classes – i.e. Fighter and Warrior, Monk and Bishop.

Dorcas and Hector often end up with similar classes.

Bartre and Lowen occasionally end up with the same classes, but often are closely related – i.e. Pirate and Brigand, Mage and Shaman, Myrmidon and Mercenary

I hope this is helpful! (Also which one of them should I play?)

Bonus Pictures (Some pretty interesting palettes)

SSrwC55.png

qttLeK4.png

dKa0Swx.png

She hides in the forests, waiting to strike.

Maybe I'll actually get to my Spanish homework tonight.

Edited by kurthnaga