Inception Mafia

Paperblade

stop picking at me holy shit I know you think my case is weak but you just keep making snide remarks just don't do that

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also from my knowledge you're often way more condescending when you're scum, especially when people make cases on you ////:

Seriously though, meta aside, that entire Kay post is really, really scummy. Her words are split between making weak comments about my posts without actually being able to word while I'm scum and discussing game theory with old posts from a player she thinks is town. Specifically, painting what I said to Furet as a "strawman" is pretty graspy because it had nothing to do with how I was reading him, I was just discussing gameplay theory with him in hopes he would do more. Kind of like Kay is doing, but I guess it's only OK when she does it???

Also lol "Objection is bad for OMGUS" *never mentions the issue again even though he's a counterwagon*. Objection's vote wasn't even OMGUS since Furet had no case on him and later unvoted, I mean he's still totally scummy but at least do something to show you were reading his posts and not just trying to pad your own.

I know you think my case is weak

"think" implies I'm not right. HEH

Okay, seriously. I realize that I'm kind of a douche this game and I'm sorry if that's causing people to read me the wrong way; not really sorry for actually doing it though since I think it's funny. But I'll try to tone it down cuz I feel like scum are using it as an excuse to attack me (Grass and Kay are sus as hell imo) and I will not stand for that bullshit.

also from my knowledge you're often way more condescending when you're scum, especially when people make cases on you ////:

Real Talk. If I do something "more" as scum it doesn't matter because the truth is that I'm still capable of doing it as town. What matters is the intent behind my posts and you're being lazy as hell by treating my posts as a checklist of things I've done as scum before. Meta is not ultimate and I seriously hope you realize how my snippy remark about how you rely on it is justified once I flip town (and I hate to be the D1 mislynch who says "lol youll look so DUMB once I flip town" but seriously).

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngh whatever

cuz I feel like scum are using it as an excuse to attack me

this is kinda hypocritical for you to say after you just got on me for saying something similar

basically prims even though your posts are looking objectively better you continuing to pick at me for voting you makes me not want to unvote you because in every game I've thought you were scum you do things like this to make me feel unsure of myself and you are doing exactly what you've done every game you've been scum that I thought you were scum in and that's why I just feel from the bottom of my gut that you might be scum trying to do that again.

so if you're acting like this just because you think it's funny it really is making me read you wrong, so...

I'm sorry I'm just kind of frustrated and I don't want that to leak into the game so I'm out for the night.

The difference is that you were trying to attack me with what you were saying, I'm just explaining why I'm suddenly willing to drop the dickishness.

Also you're posting like you don't actually think I'm scum again. I'm pretty sure you're town at this point so please make your vote useful and switch it to a maflord if that's the case; I feel like you're doing what I thought Manix was doing earlier, running through my posts with a fine-toothed comb to find excuses to justify keeping your vote down. In fact I pretty much did the same thing to you earlier too out of bias. At least bother to read into and provide opinions on the other wagons of the day even if you still want me lynched.

Cut: then read me based on actions instead of meta that doesn't actually mean anything. I know you used to act obsessive about my towntells and scumtells and whatever but that seriously just does not work in mafia because people are dynamic. Meta is a decent tool but you need a good grasp of a person's thought process and personality to use it; I don't think you really have one on mine.

try not to bring this up to my skills as a mafia player or whatever because I really don't want to get back into that again, I'll just have to read again tomorrow I guess, just for the love of god don't start going there it's gonna fuck me up mentally and I'm feeling it already

o

idk what to tell you about the playstyle thing cuz im already anticipating at least one complaint about me using reaction tests postgame which i'll have to ignore on account of it being wrong

I wish people with votes off of wagons would post and consolidate already.

Votals

Rein (2): kirsche, Shinori
Eurykins (3): Manix, Strege, Rein
Levity (2): SB, j00
Manix (1): Eurykins
Prims (4): Levity, Euklyd, Grassbridger, Kay
Parrhesia (1): Objection
Objection (3): scorri, Prims, Polydeuces

Not Voting (2): Parrhesia, Refa

10 to lynch, Countdown

Seriously though, meta aside, that entire Kay post is really, really scummy. Her words are split between making weak comments about my posts without actually being able to word while I'm scum and discussing game theory with old posts from a player she thinks is town. Specifically, painting what I said to Furet as a "strawman" is pretty graspy because it had nothing to do with how I was reading him, I was just discussing gameplay theory with him in hopes he would do more. Kind of like Kay is doing, but I guess it's only OK when she does it???

Okay, what do you want me to do to word why you're scum?

Your "discussing gameplay theory" looked to me like it was trying to make it look like Furet had suggested doing nothing but waiting for cop results. "That doesn't excuse waiting on a cop" heavily implies that's what you thought he was doing/planning to do, imo.

Also lol "Objection is bad for OMGUS" *never mentions the issue again even though he's a counterwagon*. Objection's vote wasn't even OMGUS since Furet had no case on him and later unvoted, I mean he's still totally scummy but at least do something to show you were reading his posts and not just trying to pad your own.

"think" implies I'm not right. HEH

Okay, seriously. I realize that I'm kind of a douche this game and I'm sorry if that's causing people to read me the wrong way; not really sorry for actually doing it though since I think it's funny. But I'll try to tone it down cuz I feel like scum are using it as an excuse to attack me (Grass and Kay are sus as hell imo) and I will not stand for that bullshit.

AFAIK, OMGUS means voting someone because they voted you or just if they voted you, they don't need to have a case. Maybe we have different definitions of it since you didn't play on SF for a while, idk. Also yeah, nothing else I noticed that he posted was that scummy. So I didn't mention stuff he did that was null. Do you have a problem with that?

Please tell me where I'm attacking you for being a jerk. I mean, you are, but everything I mentioned in that post is something that at least seems to me to be gameplay.

(seriously though you should cut it out because right now I really can't stand playing with you and I want you dead even if you're town, which I highly doubt you are)

i have like 5 minutes. let's do this

If anything it's a town-tell because I don't care about how people perceive me.

don't necessarily agree: scum can act like they don't care about how people perceive them, it's just about ~how~ they go about it. minor nitpick, sorry

don't have time to dissect refa's iso but it's very underwhelming + that's a very long dinner

refa does have this habit of posting occasionally and then doing bugger all (even when called out on it) as scum, so something to keep in mind. i'll get back to this, but i told myself i'd look at refa's iso but forgot until now

you're probably wondering what I think of eury: it hasn't changed much. remembering her post where she voted me, it was incredibly reactionary, and not in a good way. bad reaction to pressure is how I see it. also did that thing where she promised content but hasn't come back

anyway i have to be off, laser tag awaits. i will be back well before deadline

If consolidation is happening onto Prims/Eury/Objection, my vote is staying with Prims for the next 6-7 hours. As I said, not too interested in lynching Objection, and Eury seems to be more emotional than I'd expect from scum!Eury. I should be back before deadline.

Okay, what do you want me to do to word why you're scum?

Anything other than nitpicks and "this post kind of bugs me but I don't totally know how to describe it", really. I don't even think "lol you can't vote me over that" is an unreasonable mindset coming from town disproving an argument against them. Responses to posts like my question to Euklyd don't really matter because while I understand that a person can suspect two players who are at odds, I wanted to know what Euklyd's thoughts were in particular.

The Furet issue seems irrelevant because I wasn't using it to argue him being scum or anything. I may have taken his posts the wrong way but that's not a scumtell...

My problem with your line about Objection is that I couldn't actually tell if you thought he was scummy, if you'd vote for him, etc, which is important when we're nearing deadline and Objection and I are both viable lynches.

Please tell me where I'm attacking you for being a jerk. I mean, you are, but everything I mentioned in that post is something that at least seems to me to be gameplay.

Grass is specifically using it as an excuse to attack me, and the fact that you mentioned "Prims' other bad posts" gave me the impression you agreed since you weren't specific. It's also the spirit of the votes, eg I'm a jerk = people don't like me = people are more accepting of my lynch.

(seriously though you should cut it out because right now I really can't stand playing with you and I want you dead even if you're town, which I highly doubt you are)

Fair enough.

Okay, so it's past midnight here and the flow of posts has flowed down. I don't know when I'm going to bed, but I'm the vote leader as is so I'm gonna get this out now instead of later.

Get your shit together, town. Anybody on a wagon with less than 3 votes needs to change that immediately. Even dividing the votes between three wagons is questionable when we need 10 whole people to lynch. I'd rather be mislynched than have a NL, because at least then I can relax instead of worrying about Mafia. That said I'd much rather everybody consolidate on Objection for his total lack of anything - his posts are infrequent and scummy, and letting scummy inactives pile up lategame tends to lead to total travesties. As town he could have at least stuck around to address the qualms about his vote on Parrhesia.

I'm sorry if my perceived dickishness is making the game unfun for people (eg. Kay although I think she's scum), obviously I don't genuinely consider people less of a mafia player for suspecting me Day 1 and I just make dumb quips to amuse myself, not make people feel bad or whatever. I do find it silly to criticize me for looking at cases I know are wrong disdainfully though.

I don't plan on claiming. My claim isn't going to save me from a lynch if I get wagoned (I haven't even crumbed it), but the role is strong enough I'd like to keep it a secret from scum should I survive, so there's no point in outing it.

Should I get lynched in my sleep then I'd point you guys toward Kay, Grass and Objection for future lynches. Grass is riding the "but Prims is a JERK!!!" excuse for all it's worth and his case on Strege was very lackluster. Kay pointed out a bunch of odd things about my posts that aren't really scummy - if she agrees with cases already stated she could at least mention what about them she agrees makes me a better lynch target than anybody else. Vig should be on unmemorable people like kirsche and Objection. I'm not really sure about Rein anymore.

I can't sleep

if the leading wagons are Eury, Prims, and Objection I'd lynch Objection/Prims over Eury. I didn't like Eury at first but I'm not interested in lynching her after her thing with Manix.

##Unvote ##Vote: Objection because I'm finally starting to get my usual feel for the game and I don't remember any shit he's done except his (imo easy) push on Furet or whatever it was.

Still gonna read when I wake up in another few hours but because I'm a loser that gets emotionally compromised by forum games I don't promise stellar content from me for a little bit. Not like my content today has been stellar anyway.

Also if Prims flips scum I'm going to become a serial killer IRL.

cut by objection post

and it sounds kinda passive-aggressive & doesn't really change anything.......

and yeah if it'd be nice I don't really like discussing mafia skills on a personal level ingame, or my skills directly as a player because I'm still kinda struggling with competition-obsessive thoughts and saying things like "I don't think you've learned to read me properly yet" or "You're not very good at _____" in the middle of a game rather than outside of the game kinda brings up shitty feelings and I don't want to act shitty or anything. But I'm kinda reeling right now and I'm sorry that it's been affecting my gameplay u___u