Why is Radiant Dawn so expensive?

Nestling

So I tried buying Radiant Dawn yesterday. I have the game, but the disk crashes at major cutscenes, so I have to buy a new one

Cheapest I could find was about $70

Is this real life like wtf

Is it like legendary or something

They (who's th-shut up, voice in my head) have some disc refurbishing devices that you can buy online or at your electronics store of choice, although I find that they work to varying degrees of success and by that I mean it ranges from "Absolute garbage" to "The disc loads up once in every 10 attempts".

I have both, so a tip is to check local game stores around you, not, say, Gamestop. If they get it in, it'll be out within five minutes. You also need to be lucky with your timing, because of five-minute windows.

I dunno, low demand, high prices?

No, that makes no sense. xP

HIGH demand, high prices would be more reasonable. A lot of people want it, but with a limited supply, you have to raise the price. Now if there was low demand, and you had a bunch of copies, you'd want to decrease the price so people would be more tempted to buy them. It's basic economics. lol

But yeah, PoR and RD are expensive these days because they're not common anymore and they've aged. I worry when my copies will stop working because of this. RD should last a looong time because I got really lucky and found a brand new copy at my local Walmart, but PoR was bought used, so...

Kinda boggles the mind that RD is going for so much. I guess its because the game isnt exactly in print anymore. /shrugs

Im glad i rushed out to get my PoR copy at launch and RD the Christmas it was released. Ive seen RD in Gamestops before used for 30 bucks or so but that was, admittedly, a while ago.

I bought RD when it came out along with a strategy guide for a combined 70$ (note I only used the guide because it was my first fe game didn't know in 2008 I woulda been adictid to fe