Next year is Ike's 10th Anniversary... Do you think...?

Japan and moe are nearly inseparable

Yeah it's a pretty established and somewhat saddening fact, but does it really matter

This actually makes me happy, as I might be the only person on both sides of the globe who's favorite lord and character is Celice for being an interesting and likeable(simpatico) character to me... having absolutely nothing to do with his effiminate looks, I just don't care

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you KNOW for certain that Ike and his games having as many references as they do in Awakening was because IS was catering to the west, though? Is this an actual fact that you know or you read somewhere or that IS said somewhere? Because if not, it can only be an educated guess.

Yes, it is an educated guess, but what else could it be if Japan hates Ike and his games so much? Chrom is even described as a mesh of Marth and Ike, who are arguably the two most popular lords in the series. Or at least two of the most popular.

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/news_post.html

First week sales (25th April 2012)

Awakening has sold an impressive, estimated 242,600 copies in its first week in Japan (Source).

For reference, below are the other Fire Emblem titles' lifetime sales (in Japan).

• Dark Dragon and Sword of Light: 329,087
  • Gaiden: 324,699
  • Mystery of the Emblem: 776,338
  • Genealogy of the Holy War: 498,216
  • Thracia 776: 145,600 (as of 1999)
  • Binding Blade: 345,574 (as of 2002)
  • Blazing Sword: 265,286 (as of 2003)
  • The Sacred Stones: 233,280 (as of 2004)
  • Path of Radiance: 156,413 (as of 2005)
  • Radiant Dawn: 171,924 (as of 2007)
  • Shadow Dragon: 274,786 (as of 2009)
  • Heroes of Light and Shadow: 247,248 (as of 2010)

Sources: TearRing Saga lawsuit, GEIMIN.NET

I believe this is the closest we have to "fact".

My theory is that Micaiah will indeed play a big role in SMTxFE given her role in FE10. I mean come on, a goddess speaks through her.

I'm going to skip the Micaiah hate joke and just ask if there are gods in SMT.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

More then three years after the release of the Nintendo 64, to be precise. I would really like to get some insight into Thracia's development history.

Why could they have possibly decided to start developing another game for the SNES when they only finished their previous game in the same year that would see the release of Nintendo's new console?

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if the Tellius references are the result of the developers themselves being fond of the setting.

As stated in that Radiant Dawn Nintendo Dream interview, the return to the consoles was their long term goal during the GBA era. So they probably put a lot of effort into it and consequently care about it a lot.

Heck, in the ending of RD they casually had Ike leave Tellius. That was so out of character, they must have wanted the guy to reappear in another setting.

Edited by BrightBow

Yes, it is an educated guess, but what else could it be if Japan hates Ike and his games so much? Chrom is even described as a mesh of Marth and Ike, who are arguably the two most popular lords in the series. Or at least two of the most popular.

Japan doesn't "hate" ike games. They just sold less for a number of reasons, the biggest of them being the fact that PoR was on the gamecube, a console that sold poorly.

BTW, PoR and RD were also the Fire Emblem games that sold the least in the west.

Edited by Nobody

My theory is that Micaiah will indeed play a big role in SMTxFE given her role in FE10. I mean come on, a goddess speaks through her.

I don't really see this, I think she could be a nice speaker for a Messian cult or something similar

If Micaiah is better than Ike or Marth, I will refuse to buy the game.

If the Magic concept is as it is in SMTs, and given Ike RES troubles... then he might have a problem, doubly so if the game has press turns then Ike maybe be doomed

I'm going to skip the Micaiah hate joke and just ask if there are gods in SMT.

There's YHVH and he's a dick.

Don't forget Lucifer now... But yes, there are gods and answer your next possible question... none of them need an interpreter

Edited by Soledai

Ohh, I feel like I understand you a little better

But we can fix the Marth and Ike thing with either some talented demons or armors(or equivalent) that provide elemental resistances, and somehow manage to give Ike the skill Deathbound or Hassohappa, he'll be able to out power them

Ah you did, this would be the third time... It seems more legit now that I know you are a prophet

Realtalkâ„¢ here, I'd be lying if I said the prolonged lack of information didn't bother me, but I do know how silly my position about the game being cancelled is (obviously the first signs of that are when a Nintendo and/or Atlus employee gets thrown out the 21st story window).

And yeah, Deathbound/Hassohappa fixes all problems!

Look at that mountain of Julia art. They really love their moe, if it wasn't obvious already.

I don't think Julia qualifies as moe, she's over 18.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if the Tellius references are the result of the developers themselves being fond of the setting.

As stated in that Radiant Dawn Nintendo Dream interview, the return to the consoles was their long term goal during the GBA era. So they probably put a lot of effort into it and consequently care about it a lot.

Heck, in the ending of RD they casually had Ike leave Tellius. That was so out of character, they must have wanted the guy to reappear in another setting.

This makes a lot of sense, actually.

Moe can be any age.

Well, she also doesn't look like she's 8 years old and her eyes are proportionally sized. Dunno what else to say. I guess all of the fanart could change that.

No, YHVH is just a giant floating head that turns out to be GOD, created the universe and everything, and destroy humanity for not worshipping him enough for breakfast.

So...he's a dick.

No, Julia isn't 18, I wager she's 16, I can just feel it

Realtalkâ„¢ here, I'd be lying if I said the prolonged lack of information didn't bother me, but I do know how silly my position about the game being cancelled is (obviously the first signs of that are when a Nintendo and/or Atlus employee gets thrown out the 21st story window).

And yeah, Deathbound/Hassohappa fixes all problems!

You're right though, It's pretty annoying, but still I have confidence in them to not slight us, but if we do get shafted... I'll have to have a name a wine after you and share a toast for predicting it

Well, she also doesn't look like she's 8 years old and her eyes are proportionally sized. Dunno what else to say. I guess all of the fanart could change that.

Fortunately, I haven't seen any Julia art or any FE art that looks like that(and don't show me any), 'das dat yucky Moe doe'

So...he's a dick.

I believe your usage of the male appendage is the misleading factor here, BoringGore probably thinks you mean the male unit, not the attitude of being said appendage

How else can you explain all those S supports at the same time with all the women?

That explains everything! To have S support with that many women, one cannot simply HAVE the appendage, they must BE the appendage