Next year is Ike's 10th Anniversary... Do you think...?

That's not what I... Gah! Forget it... I see exactly what just happened here

That would be a miserable existence, all you'd live for is to temporarily satisfy others, then discarded thereafter...

But I don't wanna add fuel to this already derailing part of the topic

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES I'M ADORABLE

I'll take what compliments I can get (obviously I'm both, duh)! Also Marth and Ike won't be able to use demons like the best of them because the best SMT people can use magic, just saying. I mean I get what you meant but Celica would like totally kick their butts (and Micaiah too).

Also did I mention that SMTxFE is cancelled because I could've sworn I forgot to mention that but yeah it definitely is. I am the prophet!

Space Marine doesn't use magic

Aleph doesn't use magic

Hero doesn't use magic

etc.

You have a very strange conception of "best SMT people"

At any rate, on topic. I'd wager so hard the crossover is going to be all OCs. Ike isn't going to get any special treatment, because he's not anyone special.

So, I searched in Wikipedia about Moe. I know I have said this in the past but theres nothing wrong in saying stuff that is scientifically proved to be true

"The term has been associated with characters that give off the aura that they need to be protected because they are vulnerable"

You know what this got me thinking?

Gonzalez

Then why isn't he popular rage

Edited by JSND

Heck, in the ending of RD they casually had Ike leave Tellius. That was so out of character, they must have wanted the guy to reappear in another setting.

Except Ike never got another game. So that idea is out the window. xP

But what confuses me is how did the games IS put so much love and care into not do as well as the GBA games, the ones they didn't give two shits about?

I honestly think PoR and RD are much better and should've done better.

Edited by Anacybele

List of FE lords who got such a thing:

None.

I'm sorry, but I can't see this happaning. And I'm not just saying that out of my undying hatred for Ike.

In all honesty, I'd prefer a celebration of the series' 25th anniversary (April 20, 2015, if I remember right) over this, since it is a more recognizable feat And I prefer the Hero-King over the Radiant Hero anyway.

Nothing makes Ike more deserving of this over Marth and Roy, who literally brought FE to the west in SSBM, who did not recieve such a celebration.

Now while Ike is one of my favorite Lords only below Eliwood in my own list.

I don't think his existances celebration would be nearly as big as Marth you know. The poster boy of the series who kinda started it

Edited by Jedisupersorry

But what confuses me is how did the games IS put so much love and care into not do as well as the GBA games, the ones they didn't give two shits about?

Perhaps more people prefer handheld Fire Emblem games now? I'd say both games are among some of the best the series has to offer, so I'm somewhat baffled by the low sales of PoR and RD. Though I suppose PoR could be explained by the GameCube's low install base, but RD was on one of the best selling consoles of all time.

As fantastic as both games were, it could just be that people want Fire Emblem games to be on handheld consoles. This could help explain why Fire Emblem is getting a crossover on the Wii U instead of a full Fire Emblem title. Though honestly I wouldn't want a Fire Emblem game for the Wii U until the install base is up there, because it would probably sell even worse than PoR/RD. I'm not even sure how well SMT x FE will sell to be honest.

Edited by Booton

So now we're referring to the GBA games as "The games IS didn't give two shits about?"

Wow.

I know right? They totally didn't help fe get localized after smash or anything.

So now we're referring to the GBA games as "The games IS didn't give two shits about?"

Wow.

I'm interested to hear about how FE6, FE7, and FE8 were poorly done games.

FE6 is debatable (though it's alright, to me), but FE7 and FE8 were not games that IS 'didn't give two shits about'.

Wow.

I feel like the Tellius games are the ones IS "didn't give two shits about" especially since RD doesn't even have a support system.

Except Ike never got another game. So that idea is out the window. xP

Why Ike didn't appear in person, IS nevertheless already used that door they kept open in order to introduce Priam.

And just because IS was working towards the return to the home consoles, doesn't mean they didn't care about the GBA games.

Is puts work into making the games of this series and all we can do is fling mud in their face and say they didn't care about any of them because we can't agree on which games we feel are good or poor.

Pretty pathetic if you ask me

As fantastic as both games were, it could just be that people want Fire Emblem games to be on handheld consoles. This could help explain why Fire Emblem is getting a crossover on the Wii U instead of a full Fire Emblem title. Though honestly I wouldn't want a Fire Emblem game for the Wii U until the install base is up there, because it would probably sell even worse than PoR/RD. I'm not even sure how well SMT x FE will sell to be honest.

Why? Because handhelds aren't as expensive? Or because you can take them anywhere? Not that I don't want FE to be on handhelds, I want it to be on both consoles. But I don't think the 3DS should get any sort of priority over the Wii U. FE would look tons better on home consoles and be able to hold more content because the home console is more powerful.

People complained that Awakening's story was bad because it was rushed and too short and such. And that the lack of feet on the 3D models was annoying. Now imagine if it had been made for the Wii or Wii U. It would have likely gotten a longer, more well thought out story, but kept all that DLC and the paralogue chapters. And people say that PoR, FE4, and RD had the best stories in the series, generally. They're all home console games. And I doubt IS would've hesitated to give the 3D models feet if they were working on a Wii U title. The home console isn't as limited and has better graphical capability.

Nobody should disagree that a Wii U FE with a good long story, great graphics and orchestrated music, and gameplay resembling maybe a cross between that of Awakening and RD would be amazing. With advertising like what Awakening had, it could make more people buy Wii Us! I've heard people say that Awakening was the only reason they got a 3DS. And maybe there could even be an FE Wii U bundle like Awakening got for the 3DS.

You all see where I'm going with this?

Nobody should disagree that a Wii U FE with a good long story, great graphics and orchestrated music, and gameplay resembling maybe a cross between that of Awakening and RD would be amazing. With advertising like what Awakening had, it could make more people buy Wii Us! I've heard people say that Awakening was the only reason they got a 3DS. And maybe there could even be an FE Wii U bundle like Awakening got for the 3DS.

I agree that a Wii U FE game with those elements would be fantastic and I do hope we'll get one in the future. But I don't see it happening any time soon... As awesome as Fire Emblem is, it wouldn't move many Wii U units; not like Mario or Zelda would. Even then, not even Super Mario 3D World moved as many units as Nintendo had hoped it would. I don't want to see Fire Emblem fail, so I'd much rather have a new 3DS Fire Emblem game to give the Wii U some more time to pick up the pace. At the very least, I hope the next Fire Emblem game fixes the major problems Awakening had, most importantly, the story.

Except your point is riddled with assumptions. You're stating opinion as fact again.

From Japanese sales alone, since FE6, the FE series has sold more on portable systems than on console systems, so it makes sense from a financial view (especially if you consider console games cost more to make) to continue having more games on portables.

That said, the top brass have mentioned that they like FE on consoles, so we should see more eventually.

From a financial perspective, Fire Emblem has done better on handhelds since FE6. Assuming that it would have been graphically better and that it would have a "better story writing" just because it would be done for the console would have had better sales. You can't predict the alternative of what would have happened.

Just because a project is done on the handheld media doesn't mean they "didn't give two shits about" it. Stop spewing hot air from your own knowledge base.

"If they didn't give two shits about it" you wouldn't even have your precious Ikey-poo if their lack of "giving a shit" killed the series from their finances.

Nobody should disagree that a Wii U FE with a good long story, great graphics and orchestrated music, and gameplay resembling maybe a cross between that of Awakening and RD would be amazing.

Speak for yourself, please.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I didn't mean that they LITERALLY didn't care at all about the GBA FEs, but they didn't care about making them as much as they did the Tellius FEs, which is why I don't get why the Tellius FEs didn't sell better.

As for an FE on the Wii U, I agree that right now isn't the best time to make/release one, but eventually, I think one should be made for it. IS did exactly what I thought would be best for FE when they made Awakening, and look what happened. The series grew in popularity and they got more money.

Except your point is riddled with assumptions. You're stating opinion as fact again.

Nope. Reread what I said. The GBA games were only made to earn some profit. They REALLY wanted to make the Tellius games, which had more effort put into them. This is why I don't get how the Tellius games didn't sell more.

I probably used the wrong wording back there, but still.

This is why I don't get how the Tellius games didn't sell more.

Because you're biased?

You can like what you like, but you need to realize that number of sales tend to correlate... you know... enjoyability of a game for the general public?

Which means, regardless of how more well done and effort was put in the game and how much you like it... There are a lot of people who don't agree with you, expressed by their lack of forking over their money.

Everyone and their mother had a Wii. The buying the system wasn't the problem.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Reread what I said. The GBA games were only made to earn some profit. They REALLY wanted to make the Tellius games, which had more effort put into them. This is why I don't get how the Tellius games didn't sell more.

I probably used the wrong wording back there, but still.

Are kidding me? Only made to earn profit? Where the hell did you get that from? The GBA games had just as much effort put into them. Considering how widely hated RD's story is over the internet (with or without merit) most would say they put more effort into the GBA games but that's not true either.

According to GameRankings: FE7 had an average of 88% (rounded up from 87.57%), FE8 had an average of 85% (rounded up from 84.80%) FE9 had an average of 86%, and FE10 had an average of 79% (rounded up from 78.95%).

So...I call BS on the claim that FE7 and FE8 didn't have much effort put into them.