Bloodlines (2.4)

ghast

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the difficulty seems a little high, and a bit luck-based, I had problems getting past 1-3 unless Nilou dodged a single longbow attack (being doubled, of course), I also seem to be having some problems with Chapter 1-4, though my characters just seem underpowered right now, Braum is getting doubled by the boss. Also a little bit confused on how to actually get those chests, unless I missed a thief somewhere along the way.

Yeah, the difficulty seems a little high, and a bit luck-based, I had problems getting past 1-3 unless Nilou dodged a single longbow attack (being doubled, of course), I also seem to be having some problems with Chapter 1-4, though my characters just seem underpowered right now, Braum is getting doubled by the boss. Also a little bit confused on how to actually get those chests, unless I missed a thief somewhere along the way.

Uh...the thief auto joins you in chapter 1-2.

???

yeah tyren joins you in chapter 2. Also if you're using nilou to bait kadven, then you're just being a bad FE player

wait did you really just misspell Bram... The main character of the hack?..

Edited by Y.O.L.O Dewey

???

yeah tyren joins you in chapter 2. Also if you're using nilou to bait kadven, then you're just being a bad FE player

Can't stop laughing hahahaha

Yeah you should have gotten a thief during chapter 2 (he automatically joins you), on like turn 3 I think? Also I have to agree with Ghast why are you baiting Kadven with Nilou XD. Bram has a tendency to turn out bad but you really got rng screwed if he's being doubled, would you mind showing his stats?

???

I had to use Nlous because like 5ish units rush you at once, three of them being massively overpowered against your own archer, who can't take two hits from other archers, too many units rushing you at once. Has nothing to do with being a bad Fe Player, it has to do with bad level design, which multiple people seem to have told you, but you insist on calling other people bad. Don't insult people when you ask for input, it makes you look bad when I have done nothing wrong.

I'm sorry, I'm getting irritated because apparently this hack is annoying me.

Can't stop laughing hahahaha

Yeah you should have gotten a thief during chapter 2 (he automatically joins you), on like turn 3 I think? Also I have to agree with Ghast why are you baiting Kadven with Nilou XD. Bram has a tendency to turn out bad but you really got rng screwed if he's being doubled, would you mind showing his stats?

Durr, I'm just not paying attention to some things, I've had to savestate abuse all of chapter 1-4 due to terrible units, so apparently I loaded a save where he died. Also, my garbage Bram.

7d5ed524f2.png

Edited by Trueblade

None of the archers charge you until turn 10, and I can't see how you have 5 Voluprians left on turn 10. I have never not killed Kadven before the AI change, and by that point usually there's only 3 or so enemies left. I don't see how you could be taking so long that the lion's share of the enemy forces are left so late in the chapter, and if you are, then perhaps you are approaching the chapter wrong,.

As someone who has played a great number of hacks: Most hack creators are savvy enough to realize that turtling is an easy way to bypass a lot of the challenge of a map. After all, if there's no impetus for you to advance forward at a steady pace, then there's really no tension or danger to the map design. The player is never pressured to make anything resembling tactical decision, and can sort of just slow saunter to the finish line.

Ok so answers in bold.

I had to use Nlous because like 5ish units rush you at once, three of them being massively overpowered against your own archer, who can't take two hits from other archers, too many units rushing you at once. Has nothing to do with being a bad Fe Player, it has to do with bad level design, which multiple people seem to have told you, but you insist on calling other people bad. Don't insult people when you ask for input, it makes you look bad when I have done nothing wrong.

In chapter 3 most of the units at the top of the map stay there till turn... 10 I think? The reason those units rush you is to discourage turtling iirc, I never found it unfair anyway.

Apparently I'm not allowed to make typos ever, especially when I am hurriedly typing? OK, excuse me for being human, I'm sorry, it won't happen again.
​I'm pretty sure h.e was just teasing you XD

Durr, I'm just not paying attention to some things, I've had to savestate abuse all of chapter 1-4 due to terrible units, so apparently I loaded a save where he died. Also, my garbage Bram.

Well that's understandable I guess.

7d5ed524f2.png

Wow that's a good Bram. I mean Bram almost never got str, at least for me. One question though, and this might just be me overusing him, but why is he level 6? I'm replaying right now and mine is level 5 on chapter 2.

Apparently I'm not allowed to make typos ever, especially when I am hurriedly typing? OK, excuse me for being human, I'm sorry, it won't happen again.

if you're taking 10 turns to make it from one end of the map to the other, then i don't know what to tell you aside from turtling is bad.

I'm insisting on calling other people bad? Who have I dismissed so far? The only people who've had issues and went public so far is Arion, and I'm taking his suggs into consideration, and he agreed that he may just be getting rng screwed, but i liked the idea of having bram start with gold.

This hack is also on 3 other forums, and i'm taking their imput and will soon be sending an updated patch, so gg.

I never said it wasn't allowed to make typos anyway, but it is a bit silly that a U was thrown in there. I mean, it's not really close to the M or A, heh.

Edited by Y.O.L.O Dewey

if you're taking 10 turns to make it from one end of the map to the other, then i don't know what to tell you aside from turtling is bad.

I'm insisting on calling other people bad? Who have I dismissed so far? The only people who've had issues and went public so far is Arion, and I'm taking his suggs into consideration, and he agreed that he may just be getting rng screwed, but i liked the idea of having bram start with gold.

This hack is also on 3 other forums, and i'm taking their imput and will soon be sending an updated patch, so gg.

I never said it wasn't allowed to make typos anyway, but it is a bit silly that a U was thrown in there. I mean, it's not really close to the M or A, heh.

I'm sorry, there's another game with a character named Braum in it and I have a massive tendency to mix characters up, I STILL spell Fe7's Lyn with an extra L if I'm not paying attention. I apologize for me being so hostile, I have been getting more and irritated that I can't seem to beat this, I just felt I was being insulted.

Ok so answers in bold.

I had the hardest time even getting past the first time, for some reason, and I felt like I needed to turtle because of that, which made getting past this chapter almost impossible on that philosophy. The abnormally low hit rates don't help, especially when it seems every time somebody misses, somebody dies. though I'm playing through it again and I guess my Bram did get massively rng screwed with stats, so that may also be why I'm having such a hard time.

Edited by Trueblade

Hey, hey... calm down guys. I assume Dewey is looking for positive feedback to improve the game, which is why I made a few suggestions. It's completely up to him whether or not to implement them. The hack is more difficult than the majority of canon FE games, so it's reasonable that some people may have trouble with certain chapters.

Ghast, the wind/Excalibur thing that happens between Malcolm and Seeker works fine

though being the curious man I am, I did experiment a bit by replaying the chapter once I got everything done. For shits and giggles, what I did was that I sped up the scenes in the chapter and some wierd shit involving the colors happened where the screen had a clusterfuck of odd-looking pixels and a messed up image of what looks like the battle screen and the blue units becoming this radiated looking green in color. Plus, during gameplay, the health bar malfunction would seemingly happen (if animations were left on). But that's only because I pressed the spacebar to speed things up. And I've seen these types of errors in other hacks as well (especially unfinished ones) when I would frequently press the spacebar to speed everything up (I wasn't very good at playing fire emblem in those days but I've seen the error of my way from back then, so I don't do this frequently anymore)

Well not exactly a difficulty spike perse but I'm saying that the pacing of the difficulty levels doesn't really stay just as easy as the first two chapters. And the chapter where you fight the crows actually does leave you thinking and is basically not fit for people who recklessly charge in without formulating a proper strategy or being aware of your surroundings such as enemy spawn points and where the boss may strike. I had my younger sister play the chapter and when she placed the units further up, Uroda suddenly attacks one of her units.

She didn't check the boss movement thus she ended being screwed as she gets bombarded by fliers

Edited by Nathan Novelli

She didn't check the boss movement thus she ended being screwed as she gets bombarded by fliers

You must teach her the Golden Rule then:

"If it's not on a castle or a throne, assume it moves."