Bloodlines (2.4)

ghast

I played up to 1-2 last night, and so far the hack is great! Though, will the hotfix patch be fine with an existing file, or will a reset be needed?

And this is me being curious if it's possible for now, for talk/interact to not end turns. I have to admit the sheer amount of conversations in the game make that feature sound nice.

Anyway, I've been looking forward to this release since I read TheMoniker's play of the previous patch.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played up to 1-2 last night, and so far the hack is great! Though, will the hotfix patch be fine with an existing file, or will a reset be needed?

And this is me being curious if it's possible for now, for talk/interact to not end turns. I have to admit the sheer amount of conversations in the game make that feature sound nice.

Anyway, I've been looking forward to this release since I read TheMoniker's play of the previous patch.

Its something I've wanted to do and its gonna be planned in the future glad you're enjoying it! And you can continue onwards with your current sav as far as i know. If things DO start to glitch out, then it'd be best to restart (sry)

ANYWAYS

Sorry about the inconvenience!

Here is version 2.1

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2derzuc6yc15wli/AACPz21C-WkkpTS3HHaFuFFya?dl=0

Changes:

Fixed the glitch where the conversation between JR and Bram may not occur. (This has to do with finnicky event IDs)

Fixed the glitch where the same thing happens with Caravels. Anyone can interact with them except Dewey

Fixed the Chapter 2-3 Arena glitch by removing the arena that wasn't supposed to be there

Fixed the Chapter 2-F Turn 4 massacre (and polished a few things)

And inserted an updated portrait of Berlliarde!

If you are trying to use your old .sav from patch 1.4, you will get glitchy magic stats.

do not use your old .sav ​do not use your old .sav ​do not use your old .sav ​do not use your old .sav ​do not use your old .sav ​do not use your old .sav ​do not use your old .sav ​do not use your old .sav ​do not use your old .sav

Edited by ghast

I tried to patch 2.1 with NUPS and I got the "file doesn't match" error. I patched it anyways and I loaded the game... it turned back to a clean FE7 Rom. LOL.

Good thing I made a copy before patching...

EDIT: Alright nvm.

Edited by CrystalPoke

uhm Star Mirror gives strenght and not magic.

I didnt finish to play the hack,and i really enjoy it,very nice.But could you give another thief? I got my one killed,by mistake and i dont want to restart a game just for a thief,but the amout of items we can steal is huge,there is no way you could give another thief?

uhm Star Mirror gives strenght and not magic.

I didnt finish to play the hack,and i really enjoy it,very nice.But could you give another thief? I got my one killed,by mistake and i dont want to restart a game just for a thief,but the amout of items we can steal is huge,there is no way you could give another thief?

fixed! another thief may come around. but not in this patch

There seems to be a minor text glitch in chapter 3:

pjT1mgY.png

fixed!

Updated the patch to take care of these minor issues.

Its now called Bloodlines2-1a.ups!

thanks.

Ghast, your game keeps crashing whenever I try to play it. I can get past the opening cutscene but once the first map, 'tries' to load up the rom crashes. I use No$GBA because that's the only thing I could get to work on a mac. And i can see all these people talking about the patch so what gives? why doesn't it work for me?

hahaha, yeah we're trying to figure out why Bram is going nuts. It doesn't seem like other characters are getting affected by it. Hopefully we can fix it next update.

I've also heard from a few people that they're getting pretty awful level ups and its rendering some chapters too hard to continue. So I played with growths and bases a bit.

Malcolm has a higher skill growth and a bit higher speed growth.

Nilou starts with 5 base speed as opposed to 4, and her res growth is boosted to 45

Llyra has a slightly higher speed and skill growth now

agalli got some speed help too

Tide Hunter's WT is now 11 as opposed to 13

JR's edge has 7 mt as opposed to 6, and grants higher than usual weapon experience.

Have you considered implementing the thing in staff of ages that allows you to check a unit's growths by pressing select while you're checking out a unit's stats? I think it would be really cool if you added that, if not, do you have a place where growths are or will be posted?

alright. Uploaded patch 2-1B, which includes those character buffs, and improved JR edge / Tide Hunter.

This patch will mess with my save, right? Nevermind, I can just find out on my own.

Edited by Memelord_Azama

My Bram has a got great level ups in magic ;) This was taken in 1-F

rxL5Qdc.png

tnPEEZq.png

Tequila and I are on a hunch... What version of VBA are you using? click the help tab in VBA and let me know.

Same with other folks getting this glitch, too.

I found something interesting on chapter 1-2. I'm not sure if this is consistent with other units but when one of the swarms attacked Tyren, the dodge animation went weird. The first time Tyren dodged an attack, it was normal but the second time he dodged before the swarm attacked him and the Dodge!! icon showed up late after he was actually attacked.

The video attached isn't exactly what happened but I tried to recreate it as best as I could and got basically the same results.

Weird Thing.wmv

Edited by Memelord_Azama

I found another glitch. I did the boat ride with Bram and Malcolm in 2-1 and it is saying Bram can talk to Sadaati, but neither one of them can talk to each other

Fv49oud.png
m6X1Cac.png

Tequila and I are on a hunch... What version of VBA are you using? click the help tab in VBA and let me know.

Same with other folks getting this glitch, too.

It says 1.8.0-beta 3

I found another glitch. I did the boat ride with Bram and Malcolm in 2-1 and it is saying Bram can talk to Sadaati, but neither one of them can talk to each other

Fv49oud.png

m6X1Cac.png

It says 1.8.0-beta 3

well that hunch doesn't work then.

Yeah, I have absolutely no idea why it happens then. if it happens just make sure you have VBA rewind enabled and rewind to a point before the glitch happening. The trend seems to be completely f****** random and rare, so rewindiing it so it doesn't happen again is the best thing I can tell you

I don't know if I'm just bad but I feel that chapter 1-2 is way too hard for the game's third chapter. I've gotten a game over at least four times and the difficulty just seems to have spiked. The swarms haven't helped either. I don't know if you'll do anything about this but for the swarms I suggest they still have high speed although not so high that they double everyone and it would also be nice for only certain swarms to have poison stingers and not all swarms, they get really annoying and it feels like you're battling them more than you're battling the actual enemy. Other than that, the chapter is good, the swarms are just really annoying.

I don't know if I'm just bad but I feel that chapter 1-2 is way too hard for the game's third chapter. I've gotten a game over at least four times and the difficulty just seems to have spiked. The swarms haven't helped either. I don't know if you'll do anything about this but for the swarms I suggest they still have high speed although not so high that they double everyone and it would also be nice for only certain swarms to have poison stingers and not all swarms, they get really annoying and it feels like you're battling them more than you're battling the actual enemy. Other than that, the chapter is good, the swarms are just really annoying.

hnUP4Df.png

I'm futzing around with the swarms. I'm trying to rebalance them so they are still fun to have around but are still challenging. My testers all agree that with less speed and more luck, with a stronger sting. They are still a force, but they can't double everyone now. Yet still can dodge stuff.

Hello, I'm new here.

I was thumbing through the List option on the prep screen in Ch. 2-2, and I stumbled up what I believe is an error?

ca66c428f28d7e8fbecb328e24607047.png

hahahaha.

Yes that is an error indeed!

and it is now fixed :D

Edited by ghast

Dunno if I just patched the file in the wrong order but after I gave a fresh blazing sword rom the bloodlines 2.2 patch, I wanted to add the patch that made chapter 4 easier but it didn't work.

Hello

I am New and i play Hacks sometimes

I am on your Hack on the Rapport Chapter , but i cant get out the last door is closed and even with tyren it wont butch

The riddle is mystery for me.

Sorry then this questions is noobish

But wonderful work with your Hack and i love then you get to more of that

Greetings for the Day