Bloodlines (2.4)

ghast

Hello! I ran into a crash on chapter 2-3. Pressing start on the Caravel popup gets me stuck on a black screen with occasional buzzing when I try to resume the chapter.

Edited by Jacoban

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello! I ran into a crash on chapter 2-3. Pressing start on the Caravel popup gets me stuck on a black screen with occasional buzzing when I try to resume the chapter.

is the issue still occuring? Could you private message me your save file?

Well 1-4 was a good Challenge in normal mode for me , but 2-2 is my nerving point , countless game overs and that angers me , the camps have hell hp to get on the items , but well , thats now the better choice defeat Marco or the 11 Turns ?

Edited by Sayaka

Hello, I'm playing Bloodlines for the first time. The swarms in Chapter 1-2 are still a bit borked. One of them stole the Silver Icon hidden in the peak, and Tyren couldn't steal it back despite having higher Speed than the swarm. It also didn't drop when I defeated the swarm. Is this intentional?

I havent has this Problem at the Moment , but the reinforcement is a bit heavy for me and i cant get fast enough to baylor to speak with him

thats a point for me , there i get a crisis

Edited by Sayaka

I am having the same problem as sigma. I am also using v2.2A.

seems like the AI I`m currently using for the forest spawning swarms is acting finnicky. I`ll just set them to pursue no matter what, that should fix that until i really figure out what's happening

I havent has this Problem at the Moment , but the reinforcement is a bit heavy for me and i cant get fast enough to baylor to speak with him

thats a point for me , there i get a crisis

you gotta go faster :P

Edited by ghast

I got through to the end of 2-F. Overall, I really enjoyed it, and I thought a lot of the maps in act 2 were really fun and dynamic, especially 2-3. A few specific things I want to point out, under the cut:

[spoiler=Notes, mostly for 2-3 on]

Is Iron Fang supposed to give +8 magic?

I'm also running into the bug on 2-1 where, after seeing the Bram/Malcolm scene, Bram and Sadaati appear to have a conversation available but neither can actually talk to each other.

For 2-2x only, J.R.'s Edge had the same icon as Hyper Focus.

In 2-3, one of the scenes where Kylah and Narbid give their spiels (the second to last one) seems to happen a turn later than it should. "The earth trembles! We must move" but it already has

In 2-4, I wasn't able to interact with the Caravel on the island where Llyra shows up. All the others worked fine except that one.

I'm not a fan of the mid-turn jellyfish reinforcements on 2-5, especially if the enemy can make it happen. Especially when they pretty much spawn in your face... I feel like there should at least be an indication like "hey, Jelijelis might be around here so watch out".

At the beginning of 2-F, it says that talking to the NPCs gives bonus EXP, but when I did they just gave gold. Do I need to save all of them to get the EXP?

I was able to trigger a one-sided support by having J.R. talk to Rallel. It only showed up on J.R.'s profile, but it seemed to give Rallel a Resistance buff or something; he got +5 Res and I didn't give him Green Tea or anything.

I'll give it another playthrough soon-ish to see if there's anything else I wanna add in the earlier chapters. Overall though, really awesome job so far!

post-4587-0-70171600-1477006149_thumb.png

Edited by Jacoban

Wait wait wait wait.

Weapons now lose durability on missing? When and why did that become a thing?

Yeah that was something else I wanted to mention but I forgot. If you're gonna do this, at least increase durability on weapons, or at least for stuff like the effective weaponry (because Tide Shock does not last when you only get one to last you four chapters).

Well are you fucking serious with with this jellys

there hell my party goes to hell

an doubling is some point that get me angry

the enemey get doubles there yiu get one hit

hello

hows hell ansewring

The weapons losing uses on misses was unintentional and definitely a bug

Gonna try to fix that and get a new patch up as soon as possible

Edited by ghast

I just checked for a couple items and they were not losing anything on misses.... so it's not all items.

Good game so far man, will post more when I finish, I just wanted to mention the above for now.

Oh and speaking of jellies.... if you take the advice from the one house about treasure... the jellies reinforcements that come after you get the treasure went off screen on their turn and sent me back to the main menu. I was able to resume and everything went fine. Only major bug I found so far, besides the cryptic notes.

[spoiler=My characters, for posterity]http://imgur.com/a/EO381

rallel for mvp

Bram's very well-rounded but I find myself using Malcolm more because he ended up with higher stats (he ended up almost as tanky as the knights...). I'm definitely giving Malcolm the body ring next time around though, because he gets doubled with just steel.

I ended up dropping Agalli because his magic felt really low for a level 12 Mage, although I think I just got screwed. I wanted to use Narbid more but I was already using Kael a lot and wanted to keep building him up. Nobia had a similar problem as Agalli, but I ended up keeping her around until I got Llyra.

I just checked for a couple items and they were not losing anything on misses.... so it's not all items.

Good game so far man, will post more when I finish, I just wanted to mention the above for now.

Oh and speaking of jellies.... if you take the advice from the one house about treasure... the jellies reinforcements that come after you get the treasure went off screen on their turn and sent me back to the main menu. I was able to resume and everything went fine. Only major bug I found so far, besides the cryptic notes.

Oh, it's tied to the treasure? That makes sense, I thought it was just for crossing an invisible line.

I got through to the end of 2-F. Overall, I really enjoyed it, and I thought a lot of the maps in act 2 were really fun and dynamic, especially 2-3. A few specific things I want to point out, under the cut:

[spoiler=Notes, mostly for 2-3 on]

Is Iron Fang supposed to give +8 magic?

I'm also running into the bug on 2-1 where, after seeing the Bram/Malcolm scene, Bram and Sadaati appear to have a conversation available but neither can actually talk to each other.

For 2-2x only, J.R.'s Edge had the same icon as Hyper Focus.

In 2-3, one of the scenes where Kylah and Narbid give their spiels (the second to last one) seems to happen a turn later than it should. "The earth trembles! We must move" but it already has

In 2-4, I wasn't able to interact with the Caravel on the island where Llyra shows up. All the others worked fine except that one.

I'm not a fan of the mid-turn jellyfish reinforcements on 2-5, especially if the enemy can make it happen. Especially when they pretty much spawn in your face... I feel like there should at least be an indication like "hey, Jelijelis might be around here so watch out".

At the beginning of 2-F, it says that talking to the NPCs gives bonus EXP, but when I did they just gave gold. Do I need to save all of them to get the EXP?

I was able to trigger a one-sided support by having J.R. talk to Rallel. It only showed up on J.R.'s profile, but it seemed to give Rallel a Resistance buff or something; he got +5 Res and I didn't give him Green Tea or anything.

I'll give it another playthrough soon-ish to see if there's anything else I wanna add in the earlier chapters. Overall though, really awesome job so far!

thank you for playing. I've been waiting on feedback that wasn't purely a bug report... lol

Iron Fang isn't supposed to give +8 magic, so I'll look into that.

I'll take a look at chapter 2-3 and see if i can fix that, do you happen to know what turn it was on?

2-4, that's weird... I can try messing with the IDs but I haven't come across that one

2-F, yes that was a blunder on my end, it was BEXP before but I changed it.

About the item usage on missing, still trying to figure it out. but in the mean time I'm gonna boost the usage of the tide weapons.

thanks for playing :)

Oh man, I don't remember the turn number offhand...I want to say it's around turn 10 or so; it's the one that happens before Kylah is like "it's getting worse, we need to hurry!"

On another note: I really like that different characters have dialogue in chapters and it's not just the protagonists (like J.R. and Kael with Bram in 2-5, I don't mean Talk conversations though I really like those too). I'm enjoying the writing overall.

Oh man, I don't remember the turn number offhand...I want to say it's around turn 10 or so; it's the one that happens before Kylah is like "it's getting worse, we need to hurry!"

On another note: I really like that different characters have dialogue in chapters and it's not just the protagonists (like J.R. and Kael with Bram in 2-5, I don't mean Talk conversations though I really like those too). I'm enjoying the writing overall.

hmm, ah that may have just been a lazy way of me implying "what the heck MAN go FASTER.

thanks about the writing though! I was hoping people enjoied it.

Anyways, I've fixed up everything except for the usage problem, the sadaati talk conversation and the 2-3 convo thing. And I can't seem to replicate the JR icon thing.

Here's 2.2B and the README is also updated

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2derzuc6yc15wli/AACPz21C-WkkpTS3HHaFuFFya?dl=0

Hello im new to this community and tried to figure out how to patch fe bloodlines on NUPs and a FE 7 Rom but i dosent want to work do i need to do something else or just get a different rom

PS. thanks for any help

Use NUPS and follow this guide
Edited by ghast

hmm, ah that may have just been a lazy way of me implying "what the heck MAN go FASTER.

thanks about the writing though! I was hoping people enjoied it.

Anyways, I've fixed up everything except for the usage problem, the sadaati talk conversation and the 2-3 convo thing. And I can't seem to replicate the JR icon thing.

Here's 2.2B and the README is also updated

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2derzuc6yc15wli/AACPz21C-WkkpTS3HHaFuFFya?dl=0

Use NUPS and follow this guide

Thanks i got it working now and keep up the good work

Edited by CordPluggedIn