Bloodlines (2.4)

ghast

So ended the patch and i like it very much , well in 2-F one city was screwed , but the rest i have reached .

Liked it

Hope soon comes more new content .

And i hope to get more known about bram .

Edited by Sayaka

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There seems to be an error with the 2.2 patch. I just got to 2-F and Llyra suddenly disappeared from my roster despite her still being alive. I don't know if this is supposed to happen so I'd like some clarification.

Other than that, the game has been a blast so far; looking forward to the upcoming chapters. :)

Hey! So, I still have 2-F to beat, but I'm still going to give some feedback on what I've seen so far.

So, thanks to having to beat the first chapters again I've realized that you've changed some of the dialogue, most of them from Bram. While his new personality is... "refreshing", I kinda prefer the old Bram. His old personality fits him better, I think. Anyways, I'm gonna note some things about chapters 2-2 and on:

- In chapter 2-2, there seems to be some kinda bug with Marco. When the Axe Arm appears, it's stated that if he gets defeated by them, the chapter goal is changed to "Defeat All": I let them kill Marco to see what would happen and while Bram states that Marco died, the chapter ends anyways and the ending is still the same. Bram is still talking to him in his tent, too.

- Chapter 2-2x was so amazing, seriously. It first jumps at you with a "Duel J.R?" out of nowhere, and if you say Yes (which I suppose that's what everyone would do) an epic music starts and maaan. So epic!

* In chapter 2-3, if you try to attack Baylor he doesn't say anything. It would be kinda cool if he would say something similar to Fargus. Also the villages still don't have any text, they just end your turn, seems kinda odd to me.

* DAAAAAMN SON. The ending of chapter 2-4 was so well made. It felt like a feeling train, man. Kudos to you for that.

* Since I didn't bring Tyren in chapter 2-5, what are all the treasures? I could only find a White Gem and a Restore Staff. I didn't find "the treasure behind the temple", though. What was it again?

EDIT: I just have beaten chapter 2-F and I'm still encountering the "game-breaking error". After the cutscene ends, I get returned to the battle map and the scene repeats itself when I move someone. I have 2.2B, too.

Edited by CrystalPoke

Hi Ghast! Just wanted to say that it's your videos that took me here, so keep em up. Bloodlines is dope af, love dewey too. Keep it up ghast!

thanks!

Hey! So, I still have 2-F to beat, but I'm still going to give some feedback on what I've seen so far.

So, thanks to having to beat the first chapters again I've realized that you've changed some of the dialogue, most of them from Bram. While his new personality is... "refreshing", I kinda prefer the old Bram. His old personality fits him better, I think. Anyways, I'm gonna note some things about chapters 2-2 and on:

- In chapter 2-2, there seems to be some kinda bug with Marco. When the Axe Arm appears, it's stated that if he gets defeated by them, the chapter goal is changed to "Defeat All": I let them kill Marco to see what would happen and while Bram states that Marco died, the chapter ends anyways and the ending is still the same. Bram is still talking to him in his tent, too.

- Chapter 2-2x was so amazing, seriously. It first jumps at you with a "Duel J.R?" out of nowhere, and if you say Yes (which I suppose that's what everyone would do) an epic music starts and maaan. So epic!

* In chapter 2-3, if you try to attack Baylor he doesn't say anything. It would be kinda cool if he would say something similar to Fargus. Also the villages still don't have any text, they just end your turn, seems kinda odd to me.

* DAAAAAMN SON. The ending of chapter 2-4 was so well made. It felt like a feeling train, man. Kudos to you for that.

* Since I didn't bring Tyren in chapter 2-5, what are all the treasures? I could only find a White Gem and a Restore Staff. I didn't find "the treasure behind the temple", though. What was it again?

EDIT: I just have beaten chapter 2-F and I'm still encountering the "game-breaking error". After the cutscene ends, I get returned to the battle map and the scene repeats itself when I move someone. I have 2.2B, too.

could you send me yuor 2-f save file? I want to see this myself

There seems to be an error with the 2.2 patch. I just got to 2-F and Llyra suddenly disappeared from my roster despite her still being alive. I don't know if this is supposed to happen so I'd like some clarification.

Other than that, the game has been a blast so far; looking forward to the upcoming chapters. :)

Hmm... strange, could you send me your .sav file through personal message? I've not encountered that bug on my end.

I'm so happy you both enjoy the game so far :)

Edited by ghast

So... what are we supposed to get for completing the cryptic note chain in 2-1? Because if there's supposed to be an actual item as a reward (and Bram saying "you dropped something" seems to indicate there is), it's not currently dropping.

So... what are we supposed to get for completing the cryptic note chain in 2-1? Because if there's supposed to be an actual item as a reward (and Bram saying "you dropped something" seems to indicate there is), it's not currently dropping.

Hah... ha ha, iiii forgot to edit that line out.

See, in the old version, you would get the Prism Shield, but since the cryptic note event was finnicky and it wouldn't work for some folks, I just had Redahli give it.

The cryptic note thing is purely an Easter egg and there's no item to be gained :o

Woot finally finished chapter 2! This is my first time playing, so here is a ton of notes you don't really need to read lol

Obvious spoilers!!

[spoiler=Comments and etc.]

Loved the riddles, it was fun trying to figure them out. Plus free stuff =P

Was Lemonie and Nobia supposed to be recruitable? They automatically join, but it seems like they were supposed to be recruited by the twins hotties.

Chapter 1 was very well done. Story, characters, battles, maps, everything pretty much. Very well polished imo. I do think the boss of 1-f was too easy, I mean it took quite a few hits to take him down, but you can just surround and pwn him. Reinforcements would help.

Cryptic notes, you already know they are bugged. I did like chapter, it was a nice break and a good opportunity to stock up. Enjoyed the boat rides too, that was neat way to add a little character depth and romance( or bromance ha ) to the story. Oh and I love the Daphne scenes, she cracks me up, especially the conversation with Dewey lol. As you are aware, the music sometimes stops. Also if Jonah rescues Jane, it bugs out and shows both sprites on top of each other and you can't move.

[spoiler=For 2-3]

That was an awesome chapter! Things are starting to get challenging, and man baylor and friends are fucking badasses. I was hoping I'd have to try and fight his friends, but I ran out of time.

I feel like you should mention ahead of time which characters have a purpose. Like sensing merfolk, tremors and secret missable items. And dewey can't swim in this water for some reason?

Narbid missed the merfolk that come on turn 5 (I think kylah may have missed the tremor warning too but can't confirm)

Caravels were creative. I thought all the water/island chapters were very well done. Same with all the gorgeous merfolk sprites, I'm sure they weren't easy to make or come up with lol.

For the jellies, I think there should be a warning of reinforcements. Not necessarily at the location, as that would be too easy, but more “careful around some of the reefs, jellies like to gather around them” or “jellys have orgies around the reefs, better not disturb them” lol. I was also a lil disappointed that the ancient war relic was only a gold icon =P

I definitely like the chapter, but honestly I thought 2-f was a lil weak battle wise for the end of a chapter, unless this is just the final battle for the beta? Honestly, I was hoping to fight a five headed serpent deity =P. Also I saved everyone and all the villages, but never unlocked a gaiden or the additional rewards. Not sure if you intended to release them for the beta or not though. Plot wise it was definitely a climatic ending, I definitely enjoyed the bro fight at the end lol. Gonna be interesting to see what's up with Bram, I definitely think there is more to it than him just having PTSD and some left over residual magic.

Also is there anything planned with the twins magic weapon research? I would really like to see this explored, maybe side quests where you do research and eventually can have some choice to infused a weapon or 2. Some custom tombs/staves and etc would be cool.

Photon needs weapon exp boost ( or Rallel needs a lil boost in weapon rank ) Extreme lack of light and dark magic, hope to see much more in future chapters. I did manage to get leech from one of the chapters though( which I barely used anyways, but still useful), and then the light magic reaper tome. It would be kinda nice to balance the massive amount of effective elemental magic, and give some to the other magic types. Also the other ice magic that the siren comes with should be effective against the lizard guys too, or not be an ice magic. Typhoon or something that's not ice related.

I also feel like Gillian might need a tiny str boost, not a lot though, but I barely ever touched her swords because one magic attack usually did a lot more damage than a double sword attack, even with an effective hit from her spring blade. I'd actually like to see her have a special dark tome too, something weaker than void but lighter maybe? She was the only one I really think needs some balance work, and not much honestly.

Oh and I don't think dewey should be able to do effective damage against knights. It's incredibly useful, but teeth vs armor, armor should win.

I also could have sworn you mentioned leaving the mine in so we could do the glitch, but I can't seem to do it. Did you actually remove the glitch somehow? Any other ideas, like maybe my emulator? I figured 2-3 or 2-5 would be perfect to do the glitch and get some really neat equipment.

(I also want a thunder trident eventually!)

tl;dr I enjoyed the game, keep it up! Story was very interesting and creative, same with the characters.

Edited by urug99

Long message...

- Man, the greenies hint in red text that they can be recruited by the twins... how'd you miss that? xD

- Wait, how did you get Leech!? I didn't ever see any droppable Leech or buyable ones...

- My Gillian at level 13 has 10 Str and 11 Magic. Also, since swords don't weigh her down (unless you use something other than Iron or Spring Blade) she has moments to use swords rather than magic.

- Yeah, Shakkar's pretty weak right now. In the 1.0 patch he was pretty scary, but now, even Agalli can double him if he's wielding the Wind Sword and Agalli gets speed blessed (what happened to Mangs really). He should also have a Slim Sword or Killing Edge (instead of an Iron Sword, just for the lulz and for dat Silencer) and a Slam Patch. That'd make him VERY scary.

- Man, the greenies hint in red text that they can be recruited by the twins... how'd you miss that? xD

That's what I mean, it's hinted you can recruit, but they join by default.

[spoiler=Tome]

The only leech in the game so far, is weilded by the dark mage on 2-3. He has a droppable healing item, just keep wounding him until he uses that up and the leech tomb becomes droppable =P.

- My Gillian at level 13 has 10 Str and 11 Magic. Also, since swords don't weigh her down (unless you use something other than Iron or Spring Blade) she has moments to use swords rather than magic.

- Yeah, Shakkar's pretty weak right now. In the 1.0 patch he was pretty scary, but now, even Agalli can double him if he's wielding the Wind Sword and Agalli gets speed blessed (what happened to Mangs really). He should also have a Slim Sword or Killing Edge (instead of an Iron Sword, just for the lulz and for dat Silencer) and a Slam Patch. That'd make him VERY scary.

My gillian must have got RNG screwed on str... I had 8 str and 12 mag at lvl 14 ha.

I'd like to see shakkar scarier, especially pt 2 of the battle. Maybe that's just me though, I like getting my ass handed to me and having to start over and re-evaluate my strategy. He could at least use a little boost imo.

Edited by urug99

Well, in previous releases Lemonie and Nobia did have to be spoken to to be recruited. I'm guessing Ghast changed it to streamline things and forgot to change the text to something more appropriate.

I'm still back on 2-2, but my MVP has definitely been Malcom so far. Other people are finally starting to get level ups that aren't just 1 stat, so that might change...

Nope and I did bring her too.

Oh and about the mine, did you fix the glitch or is it some issue on my end? I could of sworn I read somewhere in the forum that you left it in for the purpose of doing the glitch.

Edited by urug99

Woot finally finished chapter 2! This is my first time playing, so here is a ton of notes you don't really need to read lol

Obvious spoilers!!

[spoiler=Comments and etc.]

Loved the riddles, it was fun trying to figure them out. Plus free stuff =P

Was Lemonie and Nobia supposed to be recruitable? They automatically join, but it seems like they were supposed to be recruited by the twins hotties.

Chapter 1 was very well done. Story, characters, battles, maps, everything pretty much. Very well polished imo. I do think the boss of 1-f was too easy, I mean it took quite a few hits to take him down, but you can just surround and pwn him. Reinforcements would help.

Cryptic notes, you already know they are bugged. I did like chapter, it was a nice break and a good opportunity to stock up. Enjoyed the boat rides too, that was neat way to add a little character depth and romance( or bromance ha ) to the story. Oh and I love the Daphne scenes, she cracks me up, especially the conversation with Dewey lol. As you are aware, the music sometimes stops. Also if Jonah rescues Jane, it bugs out and shows both sprites on top of each other and you can't move.

[spoiler=For 2-3]

That was an awesome chapter! Things are starting to get challenging, and man baylor and friends are fucking badasses. I was hoping I'd have to try and fight his friends, but I ran out of time.

I feel like you should mention ahead of time which characters have a purpose. Like sensing merfolk, tremors and secret missable items. And dewey can't swim in this water for some reason?

Narbid missed the merfolk that come on turn 5 (I think kylah may have missed the tremor warning too but can't confirm)

Caravels were creative. I thought all the water/island chapters were very well done. Same with all the gorgeous merfolk sprites, I'm sure they weren't easy to make or come up with lol.

For the jellies, I think there should be a warning of reinforcements. Not necessarily at the location, as that would be too easy, but more “careful around some of the reefs, jellies like to gather around them” or “jellys have orgies around the reefs, better not disturb them” lol. I was also a lil disappointed that the ancient war relic was only a gold icon =P

I definitely like the chapter, but honestly I thought 2-f was a lil weak battle wise for the end of a chapter, unless this is just the final battle for the beta? Honestly, I was hoping to fight a five headed serpent deity =P. Also I saved everyone and all the villages, but never unlocked a gaiden or the additional rewards. Not sure if you intended to release them for the beta or not though. Plot wise it was definitely a climatic ending, I definitely enjoyed the bro fight at the end lol. Gonna be interesting to see what's up with Bram, I definitely think there is more to it than him just having PTSD and some left over residual magic.

Also is there anything planned with the twins magic weapon research? I would really like to see this explored, maybe side quests where you do research and eventually can have some choice to infused a weapon or 2. Some custom tombs/staves and etc would be cool.

Photon needs weapon exp boost ( or Rallel needs a lil boost in weapon rank ) Extreme lack of light and dark magic, hope to see much more in future chapters. I did manage to get leech from one of the chapters though( which I barely used anyways, but still useful), and then the light magic reaper tome. It would be kinda nice to balance the massive amount of effective elemental magic, and give some to the other magic types. Also the other ice magic that the siren comes with should be effective against the lizard guys too, or not be an ice magic. Typhoon or something that's not ice related.

I also feel like Gillian might need a tiny str boost, not a lot though, but I barely ever touched her swords because one magic attack usually did a lot more damage than a double sword attack, even with an effective hit from her spring blade. I'd actually like to see her have a special dark tome too, something weaker than void but lighter maybe? She was the only one I really think needs some balance work, and not much honestly.

Oh and I don't think dewey should be able to do effective damage against knights. It's incredibly useful, but teeth vs armor, armor should win.

I also could have sworn you mentioned leaving the mine in so we could do the glitch, but I can't seem to do it. Did you actually remove the glitch somehow? Any other ideas, like maybe my emulator? I figured 2-3 or 2-5 would be perfect to do the glitch and get some really neat equipment.

(I also want a thunder trident eventually!)

tl;dr I enjoyed the game, keep it up! Story was very interesting and creative, same with the characters.

Really enjoyed the feedback. A climactic story ending was really what I was shooting for, moreso than the gameplay.

Anyways, I've been working hard to fix up some issues brought up here. Luckily, they aren't big.

Namely:

- Llyra is supposed to give you a specific warning about the Jeli's if you deploy her. I fixed it and now she does, sorry about that.

- Fixed the "You dropped something" line in chapter 2-1

- Added clarity to the ending of the patch. It now has a message telling you what chapter you'll play depending on if the gaiden requirement was filled out. Also, 2-F is actually just 2-6. Once more chapters roll in, Part 2 is projected to continue for a few more chapters. Which I suppose would make the not super 1-F level climactic like ending battle justified i guess :P

and right now I'm trying to fix that Marco dying --> end of chapter thing. but once that's done, I'll update the patch.

Thanks guys!

Edited by ghast

I just got to 1 - 2 and after all the scenes and then it says "Slam patch pilfered" or something, the game freezes, the music goes on, dewey and bram still do their animations but pressing any buttons doesn't seem to do anything. I'm using VBA on windows.

Edited by FourteenGon

I just got to 1 - 2 and after all the scenes and then it says "Slam patch pilfered" or something, the game freezes, the music goes on, dewey and bram still do their animations but pressing any buttons doesn't seem to do anything. I'm using VBA on windows.

hmm... you may need to repatch because that's not supposed to happen!

Found some new bugs.

The palette for some of the Merfolk in chapter 2-3 are broken

and there's 2 issues discovered in chapter 8

Brigands will just stand there after they steal the chests

additionally, after the chest key siren dies, there are supposed to be more merfolk that charge at you.

so I'm going to fixed those and add that to patch 2-3

Hi there.
I discovered this hack yesterday, and it was quite fun to play, until I went to chapter 2-3.
That chapter, to keep it short, makes me concider my suicide options. I can't, even if my life depended on it, beat that character without 5 people dying on it. The land dissapears too quickly and merefolk spawn too often. If I may, I suggest that that chapter is toned down a bit please for I am only a 1 month baby and I have no access to other FE games other than the gba & ds ones.

Hi there.

I discovered this hack yesterday, and it was quite fun to play, until I went to chapter 2-3.

That chapter, to keep it short, makes me concider my suicide options. I can't, even if my life depended on it, beat that character without 5 people dying on it. The land dissapears too quickly and merefolk spawn too often. If I may, I suggest that that chapter is toned down a bit please for I am only a 1 month baby and I have no access to other FE games other than the gba & ds ones.

You need to go faster.

sticker,220x200-pad,220x200,ffffff.jpg