Bloodlines (2.4)

ghast

Dat battleship! You keep getting me more hyped for the next patch damnit! XD

oWo

you know what for some reason i approve of baby battleships

bb battleships so cutee

Baby battleships ftw! XD

Chapter description just keeps sounding more and more interesting... And liking the sound of more chapters! :D

Those ship sprites look quite nice BTW.

I can't wait for the sequel/spin-off game to this... Meow Meow: HissHiss. :0

thanks! I'm particularly making the expansion pack called Oink Oink: Quackquack

They're sailing to Ostia right now so that they may join up with their comrades, the house-sized throne and chests.

resistance is futile

They're just anagrams with one letter changed... and as a bonus, I can combine them into Alusqаwl. Alusq is fine though. ^ш^

not in defense of fe proportions but tbh that tileset is the most accurate out of all in terms of houses sizes to objects, such as thrones and chests(houses being 6 tiles, while chests are 1 and thrones 1.5).

nor in defense of klok but he has a point with the ships next to giant ships; the proportions get stupid skewed and confusing

which is why I've just been saying "wao what cool battle sprites" and ignoring the voice in my head screaming about proportions :)

yeah, when i was making the sprites i was like

"welp, this looks silly"

Proportions in FE are really all over the place, but that's pretty universal for most top-down strategy games. in 2D.

If I had the choice I'd make the sprites mega huge but alas~

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not in defense of fe proportions but tbh that tileset is the most accurate out of all in terms of houses sizes to objects, such as thrones and chests(houses being 6 tiles, while chests are 1 and thrones 1.5).

nor in defense of klok but he has a point with the ships next to giant ships; the proportions get stupid skewed and confusing

which is why I've just been saying "wao what cool battle sprites" and ignoring the voice in my head screaming about proportions :)

thrones being 1/5 as large as an entire house is totes accurate yo

also jokes, what are those??? :О

I mentioned in chats that using map-sprite boats on the same chapter as tileset boats would be kind of weird. Nobody really cared in favor of "omg there's a boat map sprite". But yeah, 0/10 boats break immersion would not rent would not buy

They're sailing to Ostia right now so that they may join up with their comrades, the house-sized throne and chests.

resistance is futile

The difference is that houses and chests might actually be that size in the world of FE, but it makes little sense to have the same type of object next to a way bigger version of it. It's why we never enter a castle and then see a siezable castle inside the castle we're currently raiding.

Edit: Incidentally an easy fix would be a coastal map, where your units defend from the coast while the ships fight offshore in the ocean. Instead of your guys on massive ships while teeny ships battle it out just a tenth of a mile away.

Edited by Klokinator

FE6 would be the culprit of using thrones in a village set.

besides, any tileset is gonna be wack. Castles have pillars that your units are the size of. the towns are home to giant people. etc etc

LEAVE MY BB BATTLESHIPS ALONE QQ!!!

Edited by GhastStation

The difference is that houses and chests might actually be that size in the world of FE, but it makes little sense to have the same type of object next to a way bigger version of it. It's why we never enter a castle and then see a siezable castle inside the castle we're currently raiding.

Edit: Incidentally an easy fix would be a coastal map, where your units defend from the coast while the ships fight offshore in the ocean. Instead of your guys on massive ships while teeny ships battle it out just a tenth of a mile away.

the proper response is "lol"

well that's enough talk about fe proportions for one day. Stay tuned for another screeny tomorrow.

Aaand if you downloaded the patch in the last 1.5 hours i'd suggest that you try again because i fixed some other stuff just now okie beeye

update: Malcolm now has a base def of 7. So hopefully now, if people get RNG screwed later on with DEF. Malcolm might be your savior. I'm just trying it out, hopefully he doesn't become too broken from it. I'm still banking his vulnerability to bows, and not having an enemy phase attacking chance will balance him out.

Thoughts?

Edited by GhastStation

Next person to talk about proportions gets a slap in the face.

update: Malcolm now has a base def of 7. So hopefully now, if people get RNG screwed later on with DEF. Malcolm might be your savior. I'm just trying it out, hopefully he doesn't become too broken from it. I'm still banking his vulnerability to bows, and not having an enemy phase attacking chance will balance him out.

Thoughts?

More specifically I guess, how many people thought the allies were too squishy?

Edited by GhastStation

I feel like the only one that needs a buff is Dewey. As early as Ch2, fighters come within like 1 HP of one-shotting the guy. He has very low HP and def, yet he's a melee attacker with lame damage. Since he can only access 1 weapon, the only way for his damage output to increase is through strength and speed procs. If he fails to get those, he just becomes dead weight.

I AM INSECURE.

Okay I reduced mal's base def to 6 and buffed dewey's base defense by 1 and his strength growth by 10%. And updated the patch, again. -.-

no more changes for a while, i feel like I'm becoming Sega.

Edited by GhastStation

Blue Hedgehog demi-human confirmed next patch? D:

Speaking of blue... Cool pallete. Looks very snazzy. :)

On that tileset thing... I dunno, not really any real sea tilesets in FE right? Just a few water tiles? ...Ghast kinda needs something interesting to make the map more than just a bunch of sea tiles right, so at least the ships? (Man... How did Uncharted Waters do it again?)

didn't talk about proportions

Will be interested to see how my next playthrough goes with buffed Dewey... Any more modes of transport we should be expecting/interested in Ghast? :0 unicycles? A horseman who rides humans? >_>

but no... Seriously?

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

The mage keeps dying in chapter 2. Can't break through enemies any more quickly.

Just send Bram out towards him. Bram should be able to survive as long as you don't draw all the soldiers as well, Mage should be able to finish off the Merc themself as well... I assume you mean he dies before you can reach him?

Try a couple different ways... its very doable.

Merc kills in 2 rounds with 93% acc per round. Mage kills in 3.

I'll try reckless bumrush with Bram but he's statistically slated to die.

*edit*

Got the chapter under control, HOWEVER roughly 30 rngs had to be wasted in order to do so, for the following reasons:

*Dewey under duress from 2-3 enemies slated to kill in 1 enemy phase

*Bram and Malcolm slated to die in 1 enemy phase

*Even with passive AI enemies can be placed badly depending on who they choose to target even after the mage is rescued

Edited by noitanaperT

... Are we playing the same patch? I've tried literally every method to get Agalli in chapter 1. I've never died/ rng abuse. How are you playing this chapter? If you're just going all out without thinking then idk how much success you'll have.

Edit: shout outs to Alfred Kamon for providing me with a huge list of notes that can help polish up Bloodlines! I appreciate my dude. Will try to update the patch soon with some more polish.

Edited by GhastStation