Bloodlines (2.4)

ghast

you know that feeling when you look back at your first chapters you wrote like years ago and you think "wow this actually could be a lot better"

that happened.

so part 2 will have a re-written ch0 and chapter 1, and some other stuff to go along with the new stuff

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 9 screenshots.

Officially, confidently hit the 10 chapter mark. Feels good.

Credits to Gabriel Knight and L95 for their fantastic sprite work here.

DMmLMev.png

wsruEKp.png

lzONdDn.png

Edited by ghast

Seriously what can't you do. I've seen it all in this ROM hack and I must say my hack feels like it's very inadequate in comparison. I've never been so impressed with a hack... EVER. This is downright so creative and FRICK I just want to express my appreciation for it.

Aw thanks!! And I'm not entirely discouraged haha.

I'm still having fun with the hack I'm doing too! I'm totally looking forward to releasing my first patch. I've got a couple more chapters planned and almost completely ready to be put into construction. I want to release it with a nice big bang of fun in the first range of chapters. Right now I'm still in the basics chapter stages but defs gonna have a nice extra FUN chapter (or chapters, not really sure what the general taste is in this community) to complete the first patch set! I mean, hopefully.

Also really looking forward to playing more of yours. When it's 100% complete, it's going to be the best FE ever. Dewey is my hero.

Edited by Avril Lavigne

Aw thanks!! And I'm not entirely discouraged haha.

I'm still having fun with the hack I'm doing too! I'm totally looking forward to releasing my first patch. I've got a couple more chapters planned and almost completely ready to be put into construction. I want to release it with a nice big bang of fun in the first range of chapters. Right now I'm still in the basics chapter stages but defs gonna have a nice extra FUN chapter (or chapters, not really sure what the general taste is in this community) to complete the first patch set! I mean, hopefully.

Also really looking forward to playing more of yours. When it's 100% complete, it's going to be the best FE ever. Dewey is my hero.

thanks again, that motivates me to continue towards 2.0!

Dewey is the dude, fo realz

Oh yeah, "The Forsaken Archipelago" right? Wow, from your enthusiasm I'm excited to see the hack! Good luck with hacking!

Oh hey! haha I just saw this, and yes.... almost right. I changed the title to "The Grand Archipelago". I mean...it can go both ways. Haha but this isn't the place to be discussing MY hack.

And no problem Ghast!

!!!!LEAKED FOOTAGE!!!!

I had a change of heart and decided to leak the biggest secret of Bloodlines's Release â„–2. Get the scoop before Ghast bans me!!!!!

It's... it's almost okay. It's... okay, no. It's just bad. I hate it.

WAIT

I CAN HEAR THE WORDS. NO, THAT'S NOT JUST A BUNCH OF INSTRUMENT SAMPLES PLAYING NOR IS IT PLAYING IN MY HEAD. THAT'S ACTUALLY INSERTED SINGING. WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?!?!?

I'm sad that such a good song is so thoroughly butchered...

and lol it continues playing through the game over, did you actually insert it or did you just dub the atrocity in

[and please tell me that it was intentionally badly done. please. please...]

I CAN HEAR THE WORDS. NO, THAT'S NOT JUST A BUNCH OF INSTRUMENT SAMPLES PLAYING NOR IS IT PLAYING IN MY HEAD. THAT'S ACTUALLY INSERTED SINGING. WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?!?!?

I'm sad that such a good song is so thoroughly butchered...

and lol it continues playing through the game over, did you actually insert it or did you just dub the atrocity in

[and please tell me that it was intentionally badly done. please. please...]

It's actually only a single sample playing a gazillion different notes. I ran the song through a .wav to .mid converter and that was what it gave me.

deal w/

Because I made every song in the game point to 0x01 (where I inserted the song), the music doesn't fade out when going to the game over screen because the game over music is the same as the music that's already playing (which never happens in the vanilla game). Good ear, though.

[ :} ]

It's actually only a single sample playing a gazillion different notes. I ran the song through a .wav to .mid converter and that was what it gave me.

alwthwedgioklagwrj;edfl

ahogreiljtgawrpe 89yuwojnhrkl yn359et8usnhcvjkl

ah4w98 perio;gljPOIE:LDS JGSLD: FWENS :ILEJ !I HJEP OIU# *)#(@@IJO JLFKDSMZ<>GDMSG.

Because I made every song in the game point to 0x01 (where I inserted the song), the music doesn't fade out when going to the game over screen because the game over music is the same as the music that's already playing (which never happens in the vanilla game). Good ear, though.

ah

so i'm just super dumb got it

(I forgot about that part of it which is odd considering the video was demonstrating it the whole way through)

[ :} ]

that

that does not look like a yes

that looks like a "it wasn't bad at all what are you talking about it actually was glorious and you are a bad person for calling it bad"

then again, it is also an emoticon.

alwthwedgioklagwrj;edfl

ahogreiljtgawrpe 89yuwojnhrkl yn359et8usnhcvjkl

ah4w98 perio;gljPOIE:LDS JGSLD: FWENS :ILEJ !I HJEP OIU# *)#(@@IJO JLFKDSMZ<>GDMSG.

that looks like a "it wasn't bad at all what are you talking about it actually was glorious and you are a bad person for calling it bad"

then again, it is also an emoticon.

I KNOW RIGHT?

^ш^

Edited by Alusq

• 1 month later...

whoaoaoa 1 month of no activity?

Nah. there's been activity.

[spoiler= Chapter 9 GIFs]

miQy7gC.gif Llyra strikes!

9nd1yIZ.gif Siren Song

Y6jDunG.gif

QqLH1Bj.gif BEXP rewards (exp items created by Brendor)

lTWsrfR.gif Better get a move on. Fire Traps are going to be Geyser Traps)