ghast

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HELLO MY NAME IS MELISSA AND I LOVE THIS HACK

Right so like

Post gonna be kinda spoilery maybe

I will TRY to avoid spoilers but this hack is VERY GOOD and I might start getting into specifics as I squee

Right so

typical story

dank past dude gets into some bandits fights and tries to make his village safer by talking to the nearby lord to get help for his village

sounds about standard

[spoiler=O3O!!]AND THEN A CRAZY SNAKE DUDE SHOWS UP AND TRIES TO KILL HIM

Like I want to say more spoilers than what but I think what really hits me for Bloodlines is the attention to the writing.

Bram is an edgy fuck, but it's not because WOW EDGE SO COOL it's because the life he's been thrust into forces him to fish or cut bait, act harshly, struggle to survive in the face of his adversity.

And it's honestly written very well. He's very real. And I like that a lot. It's not forced edge, and that's difficult to do, a lot of the time.

And a good main characters makes for a compelling story line. I'm incredibly invested in what's happening to Bram. The support cast help fill out anything he can't accomplish and instead of clashing with him, they gel with him fantastically. They address his issues and his problems, and help him overcome them, or challenge him when he is overcome.

And the story, WEW. It's like

honestly the best fan story I've sat through so far. FE7x might be better, but this is a close second, if so.

And aside from the writing, Ghast makes fantastic use of something I RARELY see.

CINEMATOGRAPHY

You know

characters actually moving around on the map to show their actions instead of sprites just bumping up and down

And even with GBA limitations, it's INCREDIBLY effective. It really helps keep you in the moment of the action, and hold your attention there. I was honestly flabbergasted the first time I witnessed it in his hack, and the last time it was used, in the most recent patch, I was left speechless on stream.

AND CAN I EVEN SAY ENOUGH ABOUT THE GRAPHICS LIKE literally everything is almost entirely full custom. A few mugs are splices, but nearly all of the animations for unique characters are from scratch, they're GOOD, and they match their characters perfectly.

So like I just

Play it? Please play it. At the very least, watch someone else play it. I'll have an LP on my channel soon and I'm sure there's a few floating out around there.

But if you have the time download this and put some work into it because wow did I have

one hell of a blast.

TY Ghast for fantastic romhack <3

Edited by Narmaya

This has got to be one of my favourite romhacks out there. The plot seems interesting so far and the large variety of races and creatures introduced, which make even sacred stones envious, is damn amazing too.

Definitely looking forward to getting around and playing throuhg this when I have the spare time. Nice work!

Finally went and finished the patch, and it is fantastic for sure. The updates to the writing have been fantastic thus far and I love the direction Bram's character development is going.

I found the last few chapters to be quite challenging, especially with Sirens being able to use Lances and Magic, and really only having about 3 units that can reliably tank mages. Nonetheless I loved the addition of Tide Shock and Frostbite, which helped me tremendously in the last two for sure. I found the gimmicks after a while, especially utilizing the units that don't move, but it definitely was a welcome challenge.

One thing that might help is having either A) more gold available or B) a droppable Restore staff. I know that they are buyable in 2-3, but gold is a bit of a commodity in Bloodlines and I was more focused on supplying weapons and Mend staves. Even just one droppable Restore may help with the Sirens and Jellies more, although in all fairness none of my units were ever in too much danger. I'm sure I missed a few hidden items and droppables as well and I'll definitely be going through again to see more.

I wish more physical units could reliably battle mages, I gave Nobia the Honeycomb and she became a fairly reliable mage tank especially with her great speed, but everyone else still took double-digit damage from them. I'm sure more units will come who can be more reliable mage killers, and I certainly anticipate them.

Nonetheless, I'm still a huge fan of the patch and can't wait for more.

Right so like

I will TRY to avoid spoilers but this hack is VERY GOOD and I might start getting into specifics as I squee

Right so

typical story

dank past dude gets into some bandits fights and tries to make his village safer by talking to the nearby lord to get help for his village

sounds about standard

Like I want to say more spoilers than what but I think what really hits me for Bloodlines is the attention to the writing.

Bram is an edgy fuck, but it's not because WOW EDGE SO COOL it's because the life he's been thrust into forces him to fish or cut bait, act harshly, struggle to survive in the face of his adversity.

And it's honestly written very well. He's very real. And I like that a lot. It's not forced edge, and that's difficult to do, a lot of the time.

And a good main characters makes for a compelling story line. I'm incredibly invested in what's happening to Bram. The support cast help fill out anything he can't accomplish and instead of clashing with him, they gel with him fantastically. They address his issues and his problems, and help him overcome them, or challenge him when he is overcome.

honestly the best fan story I've sat through so far. FE7x might be better, but this is a close second, if so.

And aside from the writing, Ghast makes fantastic use of something I RARELY see.

CINEMATOGRAPHY

You know

characters actually moving around on the map to show their actions instead of sprites just bumping up and down

And even with GBA limitations, it's INCREDIBLY effective. It really helps keep you in the moment of the action, and hold your attention there. I was honestly flabbergasted the first time I witnessed it in his hack, and the last time it was used, in the most recent patch, I was left speechless on stream.

AND CAN I EVEN SAY ENOUGH ABOUT THE GRAPHICS LIKE literally everything is almost entirely full custom. A few mugs are splices, but nearly all of the animations for unique characters are from scratch, they're GOOD, and they match their characters perfectly.

So like I just

Play it? Please play it. At the very least, watch someone else play it. I'll have an LP on my channel soon and I'm sure there's a few floating out around there.

But if you have the time download this and put some work into it because wow did I have

one hell of a blast.

The stream was super enjoyable. Thank you so much for streaming it!

I'm happy you understand bram's edginess, and yeah, its hard to pat down well in my experience. Glad it worked out.

Cinematography is possibly one of my favorite parts of hacking, especially when it comes to polishing a finalized scene.

I agree with you, more hacks should do it.

:D!!!

This has got to be one of my favourite romhacks out there. The plot seems interesting so far and the large variety of races and creatures introduced, which make even sacred stones envious, is damn amazing too.

Definitely looking forward to getting around and playing throuhg this when I have the spare time. Nice work!

thanks! hope you enjoy it in the end

Finally went and finished the patch, and it is fantastic for sure. The updates to the writing have been fantastic thus far and I love the direction Bram's character development is going.

I found the last few chapters to be quite challenging, especially with Sirens being able to use Lances and Magic, and really only having about 3 units that can reliably tank mages. Nonetheless I loved the addition of Tide Shock and Frostbite, which helped me tremendously in the last two for sure. I found the gimmicks after a while, especially utilizing the units that don't move, but it definitely was a welcome challenge.

One thing that might help is having either A) more gold available or B) a droppable Restore staff. I know that they are buyable in 2-3, but gold is a bit of a commodity in Bloodlines and I was more focused on supplying weapons and Mend staves. Even just one droppable Restore may help with the Sirens and Jellies more, although in all fairness none of my units were ever in too much danger. I'm sure I missed a few hidden items and droppables as well and I'll definitely be going through again to see more.

I wish more physical units could reliably battle mages, I gave Nobia the Honeycomb and she became a fairly reliable mage tank especially with her great speed, but everyone else still took double-digit damage from them. I'm sure more units will come who can be more reliable mage killers, and I certainly anticipate them.

I'm so glad you enjoyed the hack :) "I found the gimmicks after a while" boring/tedious after a while maybe? I thnik you forgot a word.

haha you actually missed out on a hidden "desert" restore staff and perhaps a white gem from 2-5.

Again, i really appreciate the feedback.

I have a couple screenies of the 2-6x, too.

AY3RJyc.png chapter title

A bit of the rapport conversation between Agalli and Redahli.

Mr79ZtB.gif

stay tuned for more~

Right so like

Right so

typical story

sounds about standard

CINEMATOGRAPHY

You know

So like I just

one hell of a blast.

The stream was super enjoyable. Thank you so much for streaming it!

I'm happy you understand bram's edginess, and yeah, its hard to pat down well in my experience. Glad it worked out.

Cinematography is possibly one of my favorite parts of hacking, especially when it comes to polishing a finalized scene.

I agree with you, more hacks should do it.

:D!!!

thanks! hope you enjoy it in the end

I'm so glad you enjoyed the hack :) "I found the gimmicks after a while" boring/tedious after a while maybe? I thnik you forgot a word.

haha you actually missed out on a hidden "desert" restore staff and perhaps a white gem from 2-5.

I have a couple screenies of the 2-6x, too.

AY3RJyc.png chapter title

A bit of the rapport conversation between Agalli and Redahli.

Mr79ZtB.gif

stay tuned for more~

i just meant that I discovered the gimmicks on how to defeat the chapters, not necessarily an opinion on them.

Desert items? I had a feeling that they were present my my dumb self didn't bring Tyren and I don't have the patience to use anyone else.

Hey folks. I need some input from you!

2-6x is a rapport chapter, but I'm having a bit of trouble deciding who should talk to whom. Could you give me some couples to talk/continue rapport or begin a rapport with?

So far the conversations in the chapter are

Bram/Sadaati

Agalli/Redahli

Agalli/Rallel

Kael/Tyren

Dewey/Redahli

Nilou/Redahli

Sadaati/Nilou/Nobia

Bram/J.R.

Lemonie/Shayera

I'm also open to topics on dialogue too, so you can be creative if you like.

I think JR should talk to either Tyren or Kael, after all it could be interesting seeing someone like him try to handle those either of those 2 xD

I don't know if this is just me but I feel like the names for the basic magic tomes (Void, Photon and Blaze) are too intense for basic magic tomes, they should at least be the names for a 2nd tier magic tome sorta like elwind, elfire and elthunder.

I'd suggest changing Blaze to Flare, Photon to Bright or Illumin (not too sure on that one) and Void can be called Fizzle or dark (not too sure of that one either).

You don't have to use any of the names I suggest, I just feel like you should use more tame names for basic tomes.

So I fucked up real bad...

Screenshot%201_zpslmbsc35x.png

Now I know the problem, I accidentally patched over a rom already patched with bloodlines. So uh, no glitch, just idiocy lol. Regardless, thought you might find the army of boss puppys assaulting the castle amusing. Also the cavalier and the dog on the throne are inhabiting the same square, which is... a bit odd tbh.

While I'm here, might as well commend you for the hack. I've only made it up to the chapter you see here (1-F i think) and so far my only mild grievance is the fact that I've gotten pretty shit levels (which is solely on me for bad luck).

Otherwise, I find the world and characters fun and interesting, and the writing supports that. Also your custom animations are superb and unique, which make them much more notable than many others that I've seen. I look forward to getting further in (if I get further in, I'm p shit at FE and my bad units aren't helping any lol) and seeing how things progress!

So I fucked up real bad...

Now I know the problem, I accidentally patched over a rom already patched with bloodlines. So uh, no glitch, just idiocy lol. Regardless, thought you might find the army of boss puppys assaulting the castle amusing. Also the cavalier and the dog on the throne are inhabiting the same square, which is... a bit odd tbh.

Haha that is awesome. This should now be turned into a chapter, like a Bram nightmare chapter lol.

[spoiler=rapport] hmm how about llyra and malcom. They seem like they would be a good match, both are passionate, prideful and etc. (Althought I noticed malcom isn't in any conversations, so maybe there is a reason) I like lemonie and kael too =P

Volatile rapports are always cool cause they're unexpected; how about something like Rallel/J.R. or Nobia/Malcom? It's a good way to bridge the gap with characters that otherwise wouldn't interact with each other. Also Lemonie/Rallel, Narbid/Malcom, Skylah/J.R. and Nobia/Lemonie could work.

Kylah/Dewey < This needs to be something. Some sort of a rivalry between cat and dog would be cool.

Kael/Lemonie < I mean, they have a rapport in 2-1, so...

Tyren/Nilou < Same here.

Rallel/Nobia < Saaaaaaame.

Rallel/Dewey < This would be a kinda cute rapport. I think everyone knows what should happen here. (Rallel petting Dewey for example)

Kylah/Narbid < I think they know each other from before, so they should have a rapport, maybe.

Rallel/Sadaati < Sadaati is supposed to be Rallel's teacher in magic, or at least she was in previous patches, so...

JR/Tyren/Kael < Someone else mentioned this before and I entirely agree with this. Would be very fun to see JR deal with their idiocy :p

Aaand that's all I have for now. Not feeling creative today, but I might give a shot at the dialogues later...

"Kylah/Narbid < I think they know each other from before, so they should have a rapport, maybe."

"Kylah/Dewey < This needs to be something. Some sort of a rivalry between cat and dog would be cool."

I Second these. Narbid especially needs some face time. Not much going on with him, but I suspect he will play a larger role later on from the conversation with him and redahli.

Yeah I think it's a good idea to keep the previous rapport couples going too. Maybe throw in some option for all the previous couples to screw it up lose rapport.

Creativity is just not my thing, so don't expect much from me =P

Edited by urug99

Agalli could talk to Llyra, the conversation could be about how magic was developed in Llyra's birthplace (The underwater country, forgot its name x_x) which is basically for World Building.

Rallel/Sadaati or Rallel/Nilou, some backstory for Rallel or the sisters, they could talk about Rall's childhood or even about Duke Loyis.

Nobia/Lemonie, what's life like in Ampheret castle or, again, about Loyis.

If Malcom doesn't leave in 2-6x he could have some conversations about Volupris, I guess we'll get a shitton of things about Volupris when Bram visits it but anyway, the convo could be with Agalli, he knows quite a lot about the world and is always curious to learn more, so he could ask Malcom about Voluprian culture or something like that, to develop the world

Kael/Lemonie OTP

Tyren/Nilou same as above

Kael/JR, a comedy support, JR's edgy attitude and Kael's way of being would make a really funny support.

Dewey/JR, same as above, would be funny to see JR getting on his nerves.

"Malcolm/Llyra. How would a Voluprian and a siren get along?"

I suggested the same thing. They are very similar in personalities too when you think about it. Course, they might actually clash a bit because of how similar and prideful they are, but I think they would get a long in the end. I think they would be a neat pair. Odd, but neat lol.

So for the cryptic notes in chapter 2-1, I managed to get 3/5 #3, 4, and 5. I can see one although I do not know how to get to it, the green scroll thingy near brilliante and the last one I'm not sure where or how to get it. Has anyone else managed to solve this yet?

So for the cryptic notes in chapter 2-1, I managed to get 3/5 #3, 4, and 5. I can see one although I do not know how to get to it, the green scroll thingy near brilliante and the last one I'm not sure where or how to get it. Has anyone else managed to solve this yet?

Get the Rescue staff from a village and use it to move the scroll next to you. Then talk to it and use Agalli's Blaze tome to burn it and you'll get it. You don't get anything from getting all the notes anyways so...