Jump to content
ghast

Bloodlines (2.4)

Recommended Posts

well in AW you load the unit under the transport, so in the end it will be majorly different:

move unit into transport -> move transport -> drop unit

vs

move unit? -> move transport? -> pull unit into transport -> move transport -> drop unit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-Ghast,

Had to make an account here to follow your progress with Bloodlines. I'm playing it now and supremely impressed. Your writing is compelling and fresh, and you've done something I thought impossible for FE and given every single character screen time and development. Once I finish my first playthrough, I just wanted to say that I'm going to play it again and make careful notes of anything that needs adjustment, typos, etc. I'm sure you have designated beta testers, but I'm just a fan willing to contribute.

Oh, before I go, had to say that I loved the randomized HHM playthrough. That was gold!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2017 at 9:26 AM, Vega Regius said:

-Ghast,

Had to make an account here to follow your progress with Bloodlines. I'm playing it now and supremely impressed. Your writing is compelling and fresh, and you've done something I thought impossible for FE and given every single character screen time and development. Once I finish my first playthrough, I just wanted to say that I'm going to play it again and make careful notes of anything that needs adjustment, typos, etc. I'm sure you have designated beta testers, but I'm just a fan willing to contribute.

Oh, before I go, had to say that I loved the randomized HHM playthrough. That was gold!

thanks buddy! I'm always down for more beta testers. If you have a discord account I can invite you into the chat. 

With that in mind, just updating you guys. I'm actively working and beta testing version 2.4

Can't really give a release time, since my schedule is starting to pick up. But it should be adding a few fun things to the game. The most significant changes are

Earth seals starting from chapter 2-2

JR being a Ranger now

A new recruitable character in 2-5

edited growths

So, its coming up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ghast said:

thanks buddy! I'm always down for more beta testers. If you have a discord account I can invite you into the chat. 

With that in mind, just updating you guys. I'm actively working and beta testing version 2.4

Can't really give a release time, since my schedule is starting to pick up. But it should be adding a few fun things to the game. The most significant changes are

Earth seals starting from chapter 2-2

JR being a Ranger now

A new recruitable character in 2-5

edited growths

So, its coming up!

Yeah, I absolutely have a Discord account. Idk if you want to PM me so I can join and contribute. I'm looking forward to helping out.

 

EDIT: I'm down with the adjustments proposed for 2.4, but on a selfish note Heroes and Mercenaries are my favorite class in FE and I found it appropriate that J.R. was one, and his palette was gorgeous, so I was stoked lol. Rangers are sick, but like I said, I wish he was still a merc. Well, I'm sure we'll get one eventually, right?

Edited by Vega Regius
Additional comments

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ranger JR sounds cool, as does having another bow user (so another Tide Hunter wielder). The problem is, wasn't JR and Bram's rivalry based on becoming a better swordsman than the other? This makes things kinda impractical on a character level and on a gameplay level (mainly the gaiden with JR and Bram facing each other in a Ike vs Black Knight style). Are you planning on making Rangers sword-wielders as well Ghast? Anyway, looking forward to another gorgeous big boobs siren that will become the new meme of Mangs' Bloodlines LPs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-Ghast,

-I attached a Word doc with comprehensive bug reports and editing choices. I kept an eye out for bugs, glitches, map pacing, difficulty, spelling, and grammar. All of the comments are merely suggestions, but for the sake of professionalism I feel many of them will benefit the project. Like I said before, I want to be a part of this incredible undertaking. I can't sprite or code, but I do know game design and I am an excellent writer, so hopefully those skills will help you out with my comments.

Fire Emblem Bloodlines Notes.docx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2017 at 4:14 PM, Vega Regius said:

Yeah, I absolutely have a Discord account. Idk if you want to PM me so I can join and contribute. I'm looking forward to helping out.

 

EDIT: I'm down with the adjustments proposed for 2.4, but on a selfish note Heroes and Mercenaries are my favorite class in FE and I found it appropriate that J.R. was one, and his palette was gorgeous, so I was stoked lol. Rangers are sick, but like I said, I wish he was still a merc. Well, I'm sure we'll get one eventually, right?

JR has a pretty slick ranger palette too. And yeah, you'll get another merc most likely

15 hours ago, Goddess Serra said:

Ranger JR sounds cool, as does having another bow user (so another Tide Hunter wielder). The problem is, wasn't JR and Bram's rivalry based on becoming a better swordsman than the other? This makes things kinda impractical on a character level and on a gameplay level (mainly the gaiden with JR and Bram facing each other in a Ike vs Black Knight style). Are you planning on making Rangers sword-wielders as well Ghast? Anyway, looking forward to another gorgeous big boobs siren that will become the new meme of Mangs' Bloodlines LPs.

Ranger JR can use bows and swords!

8 hours ago, Vega Regius said:

-Ghast,

-I attached a Word doc with comprehensive bug reports and editing choices. I kept an eye out for bugs, glitches, map pacing, difficulty, spelling, and grammar. All of the comments are merely suggestions, but for the sake of professionalism I feel many of them will benefit the project. Like I said before, I want to be a part of this incredible undertaking. I can't sprite or code, but I do know game design and I am an excellent writer, so hopefully those skills will help you out with my comments.

Fire Emblem Bloodlines Notes.docx

PM me your discord username and you can join the squadd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can Ranger JR also use Lances or is it just Swords/Bows for him?

Also, is the restore staff hidden in the sand in Chapter 2-5 still there?

Edited by N30

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Though it's not a problem mechanically, how come Rallel can use both light magic and staves at a base class (priest)? It's not fair for Nilou, Sadaati, and Agalli who need to promote to do that, especially for Sadaati, who can't attack at all in her base class, being completely over shadowed by Rallel. Is this just something you did for the time being to save time on assets until you can get back to it and fix it or is this a change you wish to implement? Please reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished it.

Why does that Siren that join you .. in the end is so weak.

Got 2 bugs: The 255 one ... which u mentioned and the prep screen (well the map screen-reposition) for the boss with the Calcos turned Black for no reason. I reset and its gotten fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But more importantly, will we recruit Calcos boss who can talk English even worse than Leanne (something I never thought of being possible)? Will Shayera become playable? Will we get to fire cannon balls on innocent civilians? Will Malcolm/Llyra become a thing? Will we have a chapter in Bram's mind (which totally doesn't seem like Inception 2)? Find out this and more in the next episode of The Craziest Hack in the World not counting Chaos Mode, also known as Bloodlines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!

Here it is! Bloodlines 2.4

A few important things you should know before playing this.

Its a public beta, so naturally there will be various glitches here and there. Please read the README before playing. As you may encounter glitches that have already been addressed.

There are no new chapters aside from 1-4 being split into 2 actual parts. It still ends at 2-6.

Feedback always appreciated!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the chapter with all the bees, one of the bees went into the mountains in order to head to the fort to heal itself. It stole the silver icon and there was no way to steal it back. RIP silver icon T_T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just patched 2.4 over my last file, 2.3, and I'm on chapter 2-5.

I'm just now noticing that I have the four caravels from last chapter still in my army! Not sure if that's a pre-existing issue or something caused by the patch. JR is also still a mercenary even with 2.4 applied, I'm assuming I'd need to start a new game in order to have that actually overwritten.

The newest party member in 2-5 had me hollering, I was SO excited to recruit them.

Incredibly fun hack, I'm always looking forward to more updates!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, StrongSandwich said:

I've just patched 2.4 over my last file, 2.3, and I'm on chapter 2-5.

I'm just now noticing that I have the four caravels from last chapter still in my army! Not sure if that's a pre-existing issue or something caused by the patch. JR is also still a mercenary even with 2.4 applied, I'm assuming I'd need to start a new game in order to have that actually overwritten.

The newest party member in 2-5 had me hollering, I was SO excited to recruit them.

Incredibly fun hack, I'm always looking forward to more updates!

Woops! I should have mentioned that JR won't be changed if you're using a 2.3 save. he's only a Nomad if you start fresh on 2-2.

The Caravel issue should be fixed I thought? I'll need to take a look with my testers.

Thanks so much for playing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2017 at 11:24 AM, ghast said:

Nah bri Rallel's just a beast like that

Well i feel that a base class being able to use staves+another weapon is kinda dumb. I recommend changing that. I always liked to have both my mounted and unmounted healers. Btw, what would Rallel even promote into if he can already do what a bishop does?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2017 at 6:54 PM, urug99 said:

Well in Sadaati's defense, she can take a hit much better than Rallel. Rallel is kind of precious and delicate, so it's less of an advantage and more of a balance.

How is Sadaati even supposed to utilize her defenses if she can't even initiate combat? She needs to promote just to do what Rallel can already, and by then Rallel can already do that better. It's not fair. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CrabWhoLikesGames said:

How is Sadaati even supposed to utilize her defenses if she can't even initiate combat? She needs to promote just to do what Rallel can already, and by then Rallel can already do that better. It's not fair. :(

Neither is life bro. Also Sadaati has movement over Rallel. And Ghast can also do what he wants, it is his hack.

Also, Ghast great work. I've only started playing but its so fun and I love the story. Also Bram, is uh, not to bad on the eyes if I do say so and whoever made his portrait should be very proud of their work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...