Bloodlines (2.4)

ghast

I didn't even thanked you back then for shwing me that SFII town rmix back then...

But really, a SF-influenced FE is a wonderful idea, and I'm glad you're making it.

thanks~ SF is all that

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1091FKdHrnU&feature=youtu.be

please tell me what you think!

Malcolm animation! Hope ya'll like it! (read the description for details)

little credits:

thanks sairento for the map reference

thanks l95, lenh, tchy and solaris for the mugs! quality wouldn't be as good without your help!

Edited by XxXPierogiMaztR3pleXxX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1091FKdHrnU&feature=youtu.be

Malcolm animation! Hope ya'll like it! (read the description for details)

Something's off but I'm not sure what. ;P

Just kidding.

I remember when this animation was just a standing frame and a dream... Came out really fluid.

I especially like how the last two frames of the feather drifting down coincide with the critical flash.

It's hard to tell he's puling the arrow back when he's flying forward at the same time. Impressive map spriting.

ah, i removed the "bow travelling really fast blur" because it was pretty choppy, i could have fixed it. so ill try making it clearer for the patch, thanks!

de97e90991.png

..."qwerky"

lol

[spoiler=spelling]it's spelled quirky haha

*Full custom animation of a nonhumanoid*

*Picks out a misspelling and mocks it*

Klok, sometimes I wonder if two people post under your account. :/ In the FEXNA thread you're informative, polite and concise, but then everywhere else you run around taking potshots and making rape jokes. Why can't you just be the first Klok all the time? :/

I commented on an obvious misspelling that appeared before the animation was even shown in the video. It was also such a hilarious misspelling that it made me want to point it out.

Comedy is dead these days :O

As far as the animation, it's fluid, nice, and not choppy. Also like the movement, if I were to suggest anything to improve it though then I would suggest making him swoop in, pause, draw the bow, and then fire. Right now he seems to draw the bow and fire as he's swooping in, which is cool in theory but makes the whole animation go by in a blur. Otherwise, it's cool and his mug is pretty wicked awesome.

i pointed it out before you did xD

as for the animation, I'm happy that you left input. The reason he doesn't just pause is because of physics really. You can't really just stop dead in your tracks unless you crash into something if you're zipping through the air. Inertia plays a role in the animation. That's why he swoops around back in his return to base. Even though physics doesn't really matter in FE, it does for flyers haha.

the falco knight, wyvern knight and wyvern lord all swoop around to slow down, iirc.

To be fair, he does swoop in at lightspeed while firing, then politely halts instantly while waiting for damage to count down before returning to his high-speed tactical barrel roll. This is because you have to have a "pause" frame but nevertheless, he has to stop somewhere. One thing you could do would be to slow down the swoop downwards, though that would likely mean spriting /more/ frames, and that would be a pain in the ass.

Either way, if it never changes and stays like this, I don't really have much to complain about.

yeah i can't really do much else about that wait for hp pause haha.

Anyway, thanks. That's the kind of commentary i was hoping to get from someone lol

You could just make the pause frame a lot later than the firing frame so the damage will be done in all likely hood before the animation gets to the pause frame, right? Put the pause command in after he's returned to standing.

Though right now, you have him pausing when he fires (which doesn't abide by physics), so you might as well take the extra second to show the draw a little more.

Edited by deranger

i guess, but i just prefer that he pauses because of the game's way of dealing with damage, like it does with other flyers. thanks though for the suggestion

I commented on an obvious misspelling that appeared before the animation was even shown in the video. It was also such a hilarious misspelling that it made me want to point it out.

Comedy is dead these days :O

As far as the animation, it's fluid, nice, and not choppy. Also like the movement, if I were to suggest anything to improve it though then I would suggest making him swoop in, pause, draw the bow, and then fire. Right now he seems to draw the bow and fire as he's swooping in, which is cool in theory but makes the whole animation go by in a blur. Otherwise, it's cool and his mug is pretty wicked awesome.

The tone really doesn't suggest comedy at all.

i guess, but i just prefer that he pauses because of the game's way of dealing with damage, like it does with other flyers. thanks though for the suggestion

Fire Emblem is pretty physics light - The fighter hangs in mid air long enough to retract his entire arm before landing from his attack and walking back to idle position.

Yeah, bugs! Nice to see progress on this. Seems like an interesting game, as you are experimenting with new unit types. I'll keep up with this, and I can help the testing if you want.

Yeah, bugs! Nice to see progress on this. Seems like an interesting game, as you are experimenting with new unit types. I'll keep up with this, and I can help the testing if you want.

thank you! I got a solid number of beta testers though!

WELP. I like the look of this one. Here's to hoping Dewey promotes into a hellhound or a Gwyllgi

you never know!

• 2 weeks later...

yo homies,

was thinking about adding more custom demi-human classes in the mawd. I thought it would be cool to see how creative (with practicality in mind) you guys could be at coming up with classes (including growths/stats and all that)? You guys got any cool ideas you wanna spit out? I'm serious I'll consider em~

no

fuck you ghast

you said no to my super high HP/speed/defense/resistance sheep with no actual strength or skill to attack with that's purely for tanking and maybe dropping some awesome loot

AND you said no to my half walnut half demon (YOU GOT SOMETHING AGAINST NUTS?!)

you don't actually intend to take any of our ideas do you?!?! or just not mine, asshat