Promoting thiefs patch? Help!

OnYx

So I am playing FE6 for the first time and Chad is lvl. 20 in chapter 9... He's my most used character, and I really want to continue training him. Now I know that there is no promotion for thieves in this game..., but I was wondering if there might be a patch or something that would allow me to promote chad or to bring him back to a lvl. 1 thief (+ max stats changed to that of an assassin)

This is my first FE that I am playing on a pc, and Assassins are my favorite class.

Please help me!

post-10178-0-96208500-1390174297_thumb.png

Phobia!!! Thank you!!! This is amazing wow I can't believe that you did this for me. :D It worked!!!

(I must learn how to do this myself... this is incredible...)

I do have a slight new problem though. Will I be able to get enough Hero's crests to promote all the units I want to? (Chad/ Ashtohl/ Cath/ Rutger/ Fir/ Dieck... + perhaps others) This means that at the very least I need 5 more Hero's crests! (Chad already used one)

I do have a slight new problem though. Will I be able to get enough Hero's crests to promote all the units I want to? (Chad/ Ashtohl/ Cath/ Rutger/ Fir/ Dieck... + perhaps others) This means that at the very least I need 5 more Hero's crests! (Chad already used one)

Oh... I thought you just wanted Chad, so I only added Male Thieves to the list... I can fix that if you like

I think you get like 3 total this game without secret shops, they're very limited...

I could go deep into it and add promo bonuses and stuff if you really really want me to, but it was just something quick i did. Wouldn't be that tough. I think I also made chad spawn with a hero crest on the chapter you get him if you ever replay it

edit: i cant find the promo bonuses thing

Edited by phobia

Hey Phobia,

Yes I really would like it if you could do the same for cath/ female thieves too. (I don't have her yet but I do want to use her once I get her)

Thank you, and I really appreciate it that you take the time and effort to help me! :D

P.S. I spent all afternoon figuring out how to use other promotion items as Hero's crest, and I've actually solved that problem using nightmare. (first time) I have to admit it felt really cool having altered the game myself, but at this moment I still would be clueless on how to make it possible for female thieves to promote.

[spoiler=what i did]kv6bp.jpg

then change the promotion pointer of the hero crest to 0x8818300 (it's also how you can promote monsters in fe8)

However I stilll use old nightmare so idk

anyway, added female thieves as you can see

http://puu.sh/6tZML.ups

new patch is there, you might have to select ignore if doesnt match

Your new patch didn't work, and I couldn't pick Thief(F) in the custom promotion editor #8. But I could change pirate in #7 to Thief(F) so I did that, and that should work. Just out of curiosity what is a 'mountain thief'? (Can't remember ever hearing about that class)

Thank you for all your effort! I'll let you know once I've recruited Cath, and am able to promote her, if it worked. :)

Your new patch didn't work, and I couldn't pick Thief(F) in the custom promotion editor #8. But I could change pirate in #7 to Thief(F) so I did that, and that should work. Just out of curiosity what is a 'mountain thief'? (Can't remember ever hearing about that class)

Thank you for all your effort! I'll let you know once I've recruited Cath, and am able to promote her, if it worked. :)

Oh wait, I actually forgot something.

Fh7di.jpg

Make sure it says that the class can promote... lol

http://puu.sh/6xfua.ups

• 4 years later...
On 1/19/2014 at 6:32 PM, OnYx said:

So I am playing FE6 for the first time and Chad is lvl. 20 in chapter 9... He's my most used character, and I really want to continue training him. Now I know that there is no promotion for thieves in this game..., but I was wondering if there might be a patch or something that would allow me to promote chad or to bring him back to a lvl. 1 thief (+ max stats changed to that of an assassin)

This is my first FE that I am playing on a pc, and Assassins are my favorite class.

Please help me!

post-10178-0-96208500-1390174297_thumb.png

My Chad can promote to a Swordmaster :) 

Fire Emblem - The Binding Blade1.png

Fire Emblem - The Binding Blade2.png

Fire Emblem - The Binding Blade3.png

Fire Emblem - The Binding Blade Thief to Swordmaster Patch.ups