[Battle: FE9] Randa vs. bearclaw13

Espinosa

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure that Wrath adds 50% crit rather than having a separate RN check. So Oscar's second attack against Giffca should have also had an independent critical check.

Are you sure about that? Wrath does enable the critting of Ike/royals/endgame bosses, cancelling their blessing.

Actually nevermind... If I were right, that would mean two brave attacks in a row would be guaranteed to both crit. This doesn't seem to be the case based on my experience testing the mechanics.

Are you sure about that? Wrath does enable the critting of Ike/royals/endgame bosses, cancelling their blessing.

right, but i just think this means that wrath adds 50 to crit during combat after the rest of the calculations (which means that you'd have at least 50 crit, even if the opponent has extra cev).

But that cant be right, unless the added crit is set topierce CEV, because a flat +50 could theoretically still be reduced by an opponent's extra LUK (this, CEV)

right, but i just think this means that wrath adds 50 to crit during combat after the rest of the calculations (which means that you'd have at least 50 crit, even if the opponent has extra cev).

Uh...

But that cant be right, unless the added crit is set topierce CEV, because a flat +50 could theoretically still be reduced by an opponent's extra LUK (this, CEV)

Yeah, this^. I've always thought chars keep like negative crt and when Wrath activates, they can get up to, say, 43crt...

there's no evidence for that not being correct. i'd imagine that combat stats are calced, wrath activates, and the game adds 50 to the in-battle crit rate. it certainly makes more sense that way given how wrath interacts with crit-negating weapons. i hypothesize that the order is something like this:

1. game calculates combat parameters for units

2. game runs a routine to check for crit negation

3. if wrath activates, game adds 50 crit

unfortunately there's no way to test (at least to my knowledge) whether crit-negating supports are pierced by wrath, and an exhaustive test for wrath mechanics would be difficult to conduct. but i'd guess that wrath pierces crit-negating supports.

unfortunately there's no way to test (at least to my knowledge) whether crit-negating supports are pierced by wrath, and an exhaustive test for wrath mechanics would be difficult to conduct. but i'd guess that wrath pierces crit-negating supports.

Aren't there any enemies in lategame Hard mode with the Wrath skill? I know Kasatai, the chapter 21 General miniboss with the Brave Lance has it. Trying to activate Wrath then having him attack Soren protected by Ike may do the trick.