MU(F) Skills

GageLax

Hello, Serenes Forest. I was wondering what skills you you recommend for my female avatar. I do not have any of the DLC maps, so please no limit breaker and etc. I am pretty sure I would like to have Gale Force as one of the skills. I would like her to finish as a Valerie and be a more supportive character. Thanks!

For offensive valkyrie (still not front-liner)

GF/Luna/Astra/Tomefaire/Armsthrift

For full support

Tomefaire/Healtouch/DualSupport+/Deliverer/Renewal

A good hybrid would be

GF/Luna/Tomefaire/Healtouch/Deliverer or Armsthrift

However, imho I believe that Maribelle or Lissa would do a better job as full-blown supports (Just changing Deliverer for Demoiselle); and that a +Mag FeMU is best used as an offensive unit.

Edited by tuvarkz

Using MU for support? kek

Ah well, you can use MU for anything you want ultimately.

I'm not quite sure what you mean be support. That could refer to either a staff user, or the supporting partner in a pair-up.

Staffbot - Galeforce, Dual Support+, Renewal, Tomefaire, idkRally Spectrum?

Pair-up partner - Galeforce, Tomefaire, Luna, Dual Support+, Renewal

..ok they're basically the same.

I mean a person to heal and rally, not actually pair. Sorry about that.

Ok, Heal and Rally. Galeforce, Tomefaire, Rally Heart, Rally Spectrum, Rally Speed

That last Rally could be whatever you want really. I only say speed if you feel like making Stahl double Swordmasters. Rally Movement might work as well, as ideally you want to keep the Rallying unit as far away from the enemy as possible. The only other thing I can think of for that last slot is an offensive skill like Ignis, if only to make getting a Galeforce that much easier to do.

Edited by Aurath8

Ok, Heal and Rally. Galeforce, Tomefaire, Rally Heart, Rally Spectrum, Rally Speed

That last Rally could be whatever you want really. I only say speed if you feel like making Stahl double Swordmasters. Rally Movement might work as well, as ideally you want to keep the Rallying unit as far away from the enemy as possible. The only other thing I can think of for that last slot is an offensive skill like Ignis, if only to make getting a Galeforce that much easier to do.

OP clearly stated he doesn't have dlc access, so rally heart is an impossibility.

Switch rally heart for rally Mag or a universality appreciated rally def

Using MU for support? kek

Ah well, you can use MU for anything you want ultimately.

I'm not quite sure what you mean be support. That could refer to either a staff user, or the supporting partner in a pair-up.

Staffbot - Galeforce, Dual Support+, Renewal, Tomefaire, idkRally Spectrum?

Pair-up partner - Galeforce, Tomefaire, Luna, Dual Support+, Renewal

..ok they're basically the same.

OK, maybe I should explain what a staffbot is...

Staffbots serve two purposes, and are completely dedicated to them: Rescue spam and Fortify. They shouldn't waste turns rallying, that's what Rallybots are for. They shouldn't support/be supported, the deployment cap is low enough as it is and those support units could easily be used as other staffbots.

The best no-DLC Staffbot Valkyrie set is Mov+1, Acrobat, Tomefaire, Healtouch, and Mag+2 (holding an optional Valflame).

That's a different thing from a mixed attacker/healer, but TC seems to want a utility unit, so this is what you get.

As for rallying, Rallybots really shouldn't serve any purpose other than rallying- any combat skills mean lost skillset space for rallies, and any turns spent attacking/using staves mean turns when the rest of your party is out 10 in each stat. Always use five rallies, I'd advise Spectrum, Speed, Skl, Str, and Mag.

Just so you know, work that's entirely skill-based and doesn't involve fighting should really be left up to spotpass units (which are free). Avatar generally has better uses of her broad support range.