GATHER ROUND! The Hearthstone Thread

Interest

I was going to make this thread earlier, but Hearthstone was in closed beta. However, as of this posting, the game is now in open beta!

This thread is for all discussions Hearthstone. Have an awesome deck you want to share? Want to talk strategics? Want to complain about an OP class? You can do all that and more here!

Edited by Interest

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hearthstone is open beta now? That's great for those that have been wanting in! I've actually been in the beta for a few months now.

As far as class decks go my favorite is probably the mage deck, but I enjoy playing paladin as well.

That's an interesting deck, I've used a druid a few times and had pretty good success with it. But I really should work on my daily quests so I can start building my old decks back up. I haven't played much since the mid-beta card wipe, but I have unlocked all of the basic cards and classes.

That's an interesting deck, I've used a druid a few times and had pretty good success with it. But I really should work on my daily quests so I can start building my old decks back up. I haven't played much since the mid-beta card wipe, but I have unlocked all of the basic cards and classes.

The decks are actually supposed to be intentionally "bad." It probably won't get you higher than rank 20 at best ;P

Here's another one.

I think Darion Mograine would be a good choice also.

Why not Rivendare? People would LOVE to beat him to a pulp ;P

Speaking of a DK class, thoughts on Hero Powers? I currently have an idea and it goes something like this:

Rune Tap - 2 Mana: Gives a random Rune Tap card to the Death Knight

Blood Tap - 0 Mana: Heals 3 Health to the Death Knight when used.

Plague Tap - 0 Mana: Summons a Plague Ghoul, which is a 1/1 with Charge and Plague. Minions with Plague suffer 1 damage per turn until dead. Units damaged by another unit with Plague also contract Plague. Units that receive healing are cured of the Plague.

Frost Tap - 0 Mana: Freezes a minion.

Edited by Interest

I'd imagine the hero power for DKs would involve runes/runic power, although beyond that I honestly havnt given it much thought. It could be anything really, although it's safe to assume it'll cost 2 mana like the other hero powers.

Edited by General Ciraxis

Considering the events of Warcraft III and then the Wrath of the Lich King expansion, I'd say Arthas is probably the most recognizable Death Knight; even though both Baron Rivendare and Darion Mograine are indeed awesome. Arthas was also the first modern day Death Knight (since Teron Gorefiend was different). Darion could work as the class's Legendary card, though I'd imagine that could probably also go to Frostmourne.

I like the idea of rune tap as the hero power. It's kind of like the Shaman hero power, but still different.

Edited by Booton

I really want to make a shadowform priest deck, but I'm missing soulpriest and shadowform. Go figure.

That, and my main reason for not going infinite in arena is bad gameplay decisions. =\

Kirielis#6927

I'm not having much fortune in arena myself. Mix of bad gameplay decisions and horrendous drafts.

i recommend watching massan, trump or kripps streams on twitch when they do their full draft to 12-0 arena runs

my first unexperienced arena runs i only averaged about 3 wins per run, but after watching those streams a little and playing the gayme for a little over two weeks, i can average 7 wins per run now

i still haven't delved into ranked yet because my rouge/huntard/antimage decks arent complete yet, but i do enjoy watching ashmunster stream her constructed rank runs

i think she's top 5 legendary na us west? and a total hottie to boot

Edited by black op: skyfang

I think it's a function of the class I pick. Got the spreadsheet to prove it, too. Clearly, I am not adapting well enough to the strengths of the class. Streams might help, I'll get back to you on that.

i recommend watching massan, trump or kripps streams on twitch when they do their full draft to 12-0 arena runs

my first unexperienced arena runs i only averaged about 3 wins per run, but after watching those streams a little and playing the gayme for a little over two weeks, i can average 7 wins per run now

Yeah I watch Trump daily to get an idea of what to draft and so on. I also browse various tier lists and innovate my own slight modifications.

Maybe I should just stream too. I tend to think better when I'm talking and I don't like talking to myself. Bad habit.

asfdaf Hearthstone!

Actually managed to get a key before the EU beta even came out, so I've been playing for a while. Still don't have a damned Nat Pagle, but that card is Heresy.

Stream-wise, I recommend TidesofTime for constructed. Lots of fun decks, and good gameplay.

Usually get 7-10 wins in arena, most success with Shaman, Warlock and Mage.

My favourite classes are Rogue, Shaman and Priest, though.

Edited by LunaSaint

Oh I just realised your avatar is a Pandaren mailbox. o:

More on topic, I love it when lifesaver arena moments like that happen. Thoughtsteal is especially fun for this, as it draws removal spells that Priests can't get. I can't count the number of swipes I've picked up vs Druids, and I've picked up Voidwalker at critical moments vs Murloc Warlock.

Speaking of priests, I managed to draft the most consistent deck I've ever seen tonight.

eZfWwNG.jpg I swear it's arena, I swear!

Wild Pyromancer combos, Cobras, Oozes, Shadow Words, Alchemists (amazing in priest decks!) - It was a total blast to play.

Oh I just realised your avatar is a Pandaren mailbox. o:

More on topic, I love it when lifesaver arena moments like that happen. Thoughtsteal is especially fun for this, as it draws removal spells that Priests can't get. I can't count the number of swipes I've picked up vs Druids, and I've picked up Voidwalker at critical moments vs Murloc Warlock.

Speaking of priests, I managed to draft the most consistent deck I've ever seen tonight.

eZfWwNG.jpg I swear it's arena, I swear!

Wild Pyromancer combos, Cobras, Oozes, Shadow Words, Alchemists (amazing in priest decks!) - It was a total blast to play.

Indeed it is! And very nice record. That mage deck I mentioned before went 9-3. Not too bad I guess.

• 1 month later...

Miracle rogue is a huge rush when you pull it off. I'm probably going to spend way too long tweaking this deck to my satisfaction after learning its lines of play. Whoooooa.

as much as i realize that it's legit

there are very few things more frustrating than having 8 hp right when you hit turn 10 against a mage, with guaranteed lethal in your hand the turn after that (and with no heals in your hand)

pyroblast hate 4eva