Chaos and Law Hero? Maybe Fe Hero and Smt Hero?

I would say in this scenario, it depends on the type of RPG.

So guys how would you feel if the game was spaced out into "episodes" each from a different heroes perspective and your choices in their episode effected other episodes.

Example Flynn decides something that has a negative impact on say a battle Marth has later or just story stuff

Are you sure you haven't played Dynasty Warriors 8?

That would really cool to see, it would be great if each chapter has then right amount of content in each chapter to accompany this, it could also open the possibility for multiple routes/endings.(if you didn't already guess, I really like multiple routes and endings)

Edited by Soledai

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on what genre of game it is. All we know is its an RPG, right?

Tis all we know.

I would say in this scenario, it depends on the type of RPG.

Are you sure you haven't played Dynasty Warriors 8?

That would really cool to see, it would be great if each chapter has then right amount of content in each chapter to accompany this, it could also open the possibility for multiple routes/endings.(if you didn't already guess, I really like multiple routes and endings)

I havent yet haha.

Yes I noticed, I do too but not every game has to have em, this was just a thought I had due to the two series we are mixing here, seems like the logical choice.

Yes I noticed, I do too but not every game has to have em, this was just a thought I had due to the two series we are mixing here, seems like the logical choice.

Oh I know, but I'd just really like to see that for this title, though I feel i'd enjoy it regardless.

Oh I know, but I'd just really like to see that for this title, though I feel i'd enjoy it regardless.

Agreed, it would probably work really well.

Still unsure how the Smt and Fe characters will even view each other. All the smt protagonists are canonically neutral, if I recall

Still unsure how the Smt and Fe characters will even view each other. All the smt protagonists are canonically neutral, if I recall

True, I'm curious about that too, like will the chars from their respective series know each other, obviously barring the ones that come from the same games. e.g. would Marth know who Eliwood is or would Flynn know who the other Smt protagonists are.

I'm not too sure about that, I think SMT 2's protagonist is Law, don't quote me on that, and not sure about Demi-Fiend, I think TDE is canon, again don't quote me on that, there's no LNC in that game and I've yet to get TDE, so I can't say for sure.

Edited by Soledai

SMT3 didn't really have chaos vs law.

[spoiler=SMT Paths]

It was like a world where the strong rule, a world where everyone lives in their own little bubble, a world where everyone is like on depressants and no one feels emotion or anything, reverting everything back to before all the shit hit the fan, keeping the vortex world as-is until the next conception, or testing your strength against lucifer and leading an army of demons to fight YHVH.

If you go by what has the most content for an ending, then the True Demon path is probably canon. You fight Lucifer and have to go through the entire labyrinth of amala.

I would say the Demifiend is technically chaos.

Edited by jiodi

Thanks for that, I haven't played 3 so I really wasn't sure

Np.

[spoiler=Also, Digital Devil Saga Massive Spoiler]

In DDS1 the Demifiend is the super secret ultimate boss. When you defeat him he has scrawled this on the floor:

"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road. Neither human, nor devil... all bends to my will"

-School PC-

MInd you, it must be pointed out that the True Demon Ending was not in the original version of the game, but rather in the Maniax edition which was the one that got localized to America and Europe.

Np.

[spoiler=Also, Digital Devil Saga Massive Spoiler]

In DDS1 the Demifiend is the super secret ultimate boss. When you defeat him he has scrawled this on the floor:

"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road. Neither human, nor devil... all bends to my will"

You know...

I actually take that litle message to mean that TDE is non-canon, because in it he became a full demon, which seems to contradict the "neither human nor devil" thing.

I know, but I like to consider whichever has the MOST content. Atlus has a habit of releasing newer versions of the same game with more content (P3FES).

And yeah I see your point for the scrawl, I guess I'm just adding the gaps as he did his thing, led an army, and then broke the bonds with them to further pursue power/reason/whatever.

I know, but I like to consider whichever has the MOST content. Atlus has a habit of releasing newer versions of the same game with more content (P3FES).

And yeah I see your point for the scrawl, I guess I'm just adding the gaps as he did his thing, led an army, and then broke the bonds with them to further pursue power/reason/whatever.

And don't forget the Chronicles re-release of SMT3 that was Japan only.

Dante? Pfffft.

Yeah wish this was in English, woulda gobbled it up D:

Can't really comment. I like SMT IV, but that's all I've played aside from bits of 1. And I don't mean the SNES version. It was a mobile version based off the PS1 release (Yay for the Fiend music's first appearance!)