Camus vs Seth

Seth vs Camus  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win?

• "The Champion of Renais"
    • "The Most Able Warrior Alive"
    • They are equal in strength or I just can't decide...

This one has been on my mind for a while. I think it would be a very good fight. Both are dedicated to their duties and will stop at nothing to protect their princess and their honor. I was originally going to vote for Seth, but now I can't decide.

Camus has the Gradivus.

He also fought Medeus himself, who admitted that he never fought someone as strong as him besides Anri. Keep in mind, Anri was the guy who passed the "Road of Anri" alone. Marth needed an army.

Even when facing the Shadow Dragon himself, Camus kept going until his weapons broke. Of course even when unarmed, Camus was able to beat one of Akaneia's most powerful knights, who ambushed him.

In short: What Seth does in mere gameplay, Camus does in the actual canon. But either way, I'm sure Seth couldn't hold his own against the Wingspear either.

Edited by BrightBow

Camus has the Gradivus.

He also fought Medeus himself, who admitted that he never fought someone as strong as him besides Anri. Keep in mind, Anri was the guy who passed the "Road of Anri" by himself. Marth needed an army.

Even when facing the Shadow Dragon himself, Camus kept going until his weapon broke. Of course even when unarmed, Camus was able to beat one of Akaneia's most powerful knights by reflex.

In short: What Seth does in mere gameplay, Camus does in the actual canon. But either way, I'm sure Seth couldn't hold his own against the Wingspear either.

What he said. Gradivus + actual in-game canonical exploits = Camus all the way. Srry Seth.

FE11 H5 Camus is comparable to level 20 Seth, even though he has no luck and Seth can use a horseslayer.

Camus gets so much hype in BS FE, it isn´t even funny. Camus struggles to Medeus and probably Gharnefs magic. The equivalent of this would be the Demon King or powered up Lyon, but Seth struggles even against an imperial general.

Seth can just as easily use Vidofnir or Audhulma.

I'm literally going through and calculating this, RNG and all. Calculations are based on FE8. Seth is equipped with Vidofnir because weapon triangle. Camus has Gradivus based on its FE11 stats. Dual RNG for hitting. Both combatants have S rank bonus. EDIT: I forgot to mention that, due to Camus not having a known CN to my knowledge, weapon weight is disregarded.

Round 1: Seth versus NM Camus (FE11), Arena style, Seth gets FTA. Seth's stats are based on his Lv 14 averages rounded to the nearest whole number.

Seth's...

HP: 42, Attack: 21, Hit:102, Crit: 9

Camus's...

HP: 40, Attack: 17, Hit: 69, Crit: 0

Seth: Crit. I'm not kidding. OHKO.

Round 2: Same stats, still like an arena, only now Camus gets FTA.

Camus: Hit. Seth brought down to 25 HP.

Seth: Hit. Camus now at 19 HP.

Camus: Hit. Seth now at 8 HP.

Seth: Hit. Camus is defeated.

Round 3: Seth vs. H5 Camus, Still arena. Seth gets FTA.

Seth's....

HP: 42, Attack: 21, Hit: 94, Crit: 9.

Camus's...

HP: 56, Attack: 24, Hit: 81, Crit: 0.

Seth: Hit. Camus now at 35 HP.

Camus: Hit. Seth now at 18 HP.

Seth: Hit. Camus now at 14 HP.

Camus: Miss. Seth remains at 18 HP.

Round 4: Same stats as Round 3, Camus now has FTA.

Camus: Miss. Seth's HP remains at 42.

Seth: Hit. Camus now has 35 HP.

Camus: Miss. Seth's HP remains at 42.

Seth: Hit. Camus now at 14 HP.

Camus: Hit. Seth now at 18 HP.

Camus probably would have won the last two rounds if my RNG app didn't just say 'screw this' and make him miss. Seth is pretty much guaranteed a win on rounds 1 and 2 though. So... The winner is most likely Camus on H5, except when the RNG says 'enemies suck'.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Camus has the Gradivus.

He also fought Medeus himself, who admitted that he never fought someone as strong as him besides Anri. Keep in mind, Anri was the guy who passed the "Road of Anri" alone. Marth needed an army.

Even when facing the Shadow Dragon himself, Camus kept going until his weapons broke. Of course even when unarmed, Camus was able to beat one of Akaneia's most powerful knights, who ambushed him.

Seth may break his game but Camus has canon backing him.

Both are a case of gameplay and story segregation.

this is what it amounts to

I ended up voting for Camus because he has so much to back him up. Seth may be an amazing unit, but Camus has been acclaimed by many Akenians as an all mighty warrior. Character wise, I like both, but Camus has always been one of my favorites. Characters that are more than they seem are often the most interesting.

I think they tied

Seth is broken in FE8, but story wise all he get is being the Silver General

Camus is broken in story, but in game he's almost a deadweight IMO as far as high tier unit goes

Edited by JSND

Sheeda can't double Seth's Lv20 stats as a Dracoknight. +1 Seth

Yeah, but noone can afford that much of a Wingspear forge in Warpskip. Oh, another thing. Camus is so lame that you can just ignore him, and he somehow dies. +2 Seth

EDIT Looking at your avatar though, I do have to say that Hardin beats them both handdown. Noone in FE can really compare to that turban + stache.

Edited by Refa

Sheeda can't double Seth's Lv20 stats as a Dracoknight. +1 Seth

Numbers are not indicative of strength. Especially between different games. And even more so between bosses and PCs.

Case in point: Camus playable appearance in BS Fire Emblem. As a Lv.10 Paladin with 16 Speed and a 60%, he is faster then Seth when both are on level 20.

Not to mention that Shiida as a Sacred Stones female Wyvern Lord would have a 24 Speed cap. Enough to double Seth's 20 speed.

Yeah, but noone can afford that much of a Wingspear forge in Warpskip. Oh, another thing. Camus is so lame that you can just ignore him, and he somehow dies. +2 Seth

EDIT Looking at your avatar though, I do have to say that Hardin beats them both handdown. Noone in FE can really compare to that turban + stache.

Either way he didn't die as his reappearance in Gaiden shows. I can't argue about the stache, though.

However, the Turban was probably a power limiter, hence Hardin rammed all his caps after taking it off.

Especially since these caps probably mean different things in Mystery because Marth has barely gotten any stronger despite having been strong enough to slay Medeus with the Falchion.

Or maybe FE3's plot assumes that Hardin soloed the entirety of book 1. That would explain Hardin's attitude too.

Edited by BrightBow

Numbers are not indicative of strength. Especially between different games. And even more so between bosses and PCs.

Case in point: Camus playable appearance in BS Fire Emblem. As a Lv.10 Paladin with 16 Speed and a 60%, he is faster then Seth when both are on level 20.

Not to mention that Shiida as a Sacred Stones female Wyvern Lord would have a 24 Speed cap. Enough to double Seth's 20 speed.

Fair enough on that point!

Either way he didn't die as his reappearance in Gaiden shows. I can't argue about the stache, though.

Oh yeah...I'm smart. Still feels kind of weird that he runs off though, how would he ever wash ashore with fatal wounds if you never even fought him?

However, the Turban was probably a power limiter, hence Hardin rammed all his caps after taking it off.

Especially since these caps probably mean different things in Mystery because Marth has barely gotten any stronger despite having been strong enough to slay Medeus with the Falchion.

Or maybe FE3's plot assumes that Hardin soloed the entirety of book 1. That would explain Hardin's attitude too.

It all makes sense now!

Seth needs to get a OHKO otherwise Camus would just heal himself completely with Gradivus.

Seth attacks. Camus heals fully. Seth attacks. Camus heals fully. Repeat until Gradivus runs out of uses.

Seth attacks. Camus heals fully. Seth attacks. Camus heals fully. Repeat until Gradivus runs out of uses.

Except that Seth will still take counters since Gradivus is a ranged weapon. Seth's HP will run out first.

• 2 months later...

Camus. His ability as a unit in FE12 rivals Titania's, and getting to use him in the Satellaview level was all kinds of awesome.

• 2 months later...

Also, also, I'm pretty sure H5 Camus can't be doubled by sheeda either!

ska7e8X.png

Just make her a Paladin.

Camus. I haven't even gone through new mystery yet, so that's purely off his somewhat tragic appearance in sd. Honestly this thread made me reminisce a bit, I can't believe how much of an impression FE11's barebones plot left on me sometimes.

Edited by Irysa

• 2 weeks later...