Ema Skye

By request from many of you, it is back! If you're interested in what I'm talking about, go here. I'll be offering an explanation though if you don't want to look back.

Gym Leader Tower was an event I did back in 2012. It was really successful, even though we had a few inactive gym leaders, and I've had a few people asking me if I could do it again. So, here it is again, only under a new name. It follows the exact same format: Beat all of your competitors. It really can't get any more basic. When you beat everyone, you will be entered into the Hall of Fame.

The biggest change from 2012's edition is that I'm not handpicking who gets a spot in the league/tower. Anyone is welcome to signup to be a Gym Leader, Champion or Elite Four member. I will need 13 people, but I will take substitutes as well. I haven't decided how long I'll be running this for, as it depends on the interest. I'm only going to end it when activity dies down, as there isn't much point in keeping it open if no one is interested any more.

However, before we begin, I am going to post some ground rules. These is basically the battle clauses, but will also extend to the battles themselves. These are pretty much non-negotiable, but I am willing to change some things by popular request.

Battle Clauses

Species Clause: You may not have two Pokemon on your team that have the same national dex number.

Legal Ability Clause: You may not use any Pokemon's Hidden Ability if it has not been released.

Uber Clause: The following Pokemon may not be present on your team: Arceus, Blaziken, Darkrai, Deoxys (Attack and Normal), Dialga, Genesect, Giratina, Giratina-O, Groudon, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Kyurem-W, Lugia, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Shaymin-S, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zekrom. In addition, the items Gengarite, Lucarionite and Kangaskhanite are considered Uber as well.

Sleep Clause: You may not put two of your opponent's Pokemon to sleep simultaneously. Self-inflicted sleep via Rest does not trigger this clause.

Evasion Clause: You may not use any items (such as BrightPowder), moves (such as Acupressure), or abilities (such as Sand Veil) which increase a Pokemon's evasiveness. This also includes the ability Moody.

OHKO Clause: The moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, and Sheer Cold may not be present on any Pokemon.

Fun Clause: This is, above all else, a game. Don't make the experience any less enjoyable for anyone, or you will not be allowed to participate.

In terms of conducting battles:

Due to the ease and simplicity of using it, battles will only be considered official if they take place on Pokemon Showdown. However, if both players agree to use Wifi to conduct their battles, then that battle will be considered official.

That's all the regulations out of the way.

If you want to become a member of the league just post saying that you are interested. As said above, I need 13 volunteers. However, you are welcome to apply for the position even if I get more than 13 volunteers. I will be holding tryouts sometime in February where you can show me your skills. I will take the best 13 that apply. Anyone else can still be on the subs list. You may challenge the gyms in any order you wish. You will need to beat all of the Gyms before you can challenge the elite four, whom you can challenge in any order as well. Fair warning: Gym leaders and Elite Four are not bound to type restrictions like in the games.

Kalos League Members

Champion: Alfred Kamon
Elite Four: Comet (Water-type) / JSND (Fighting-type) / DualSilverGunner (Steel-type) / Not-An-Apple (Ghost-type)
Gym Leaders: Breezy Kansaki (Flying-type) / LuxSpecs (Dragon-type) / Silver Lightning (Electric-type) / SmogonsLawnMower (Dark-type) / Esme (Poison-type) / Xinnidy (Ice-type) / Shin (Grass-type) / Assurhaddon (Fire-type)
You must defeat all eight gym leaders to challenge the elite four. You can beat the gyms in any order. You must consecutively beat all four elite four members (you can challenge them in any order) before challenging the champion.
Edited by Athena

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get the Freeze Clause. Is that an option in the game?

I'm not familiar with the Wifi battle clauses. But I think its an option. I think it was last gen too.

Hey this looks cool! B-but I can only via Wifi real battles :(:, oh sure battle vids. May I describe my team?

Btw, I'll enter semestre next week so my availability will be shitty although I'll be here and there but you know

STUDIES ARE FIRST AMIRITE

I've only recently got into competitive battling on Showdown, but I'd still like to participate if possible. I've never heard of this before, so is this all restricted to OU? Is it singles, doubles, etc? (I believe at least one gym leader battle in Hoenn was doubles.) Anyways, this sounds really fun! ^_^

I was part of something like this once. It was at another forum. But it turned out that I was hardly worthy of the title of gym leader... I'm assuredly much better at Pokemon now than I was back then, but after how I did in online battles against people here on XY, I'm probably still not good enough. So I'm going to have to pass despite that I wouldn't mind joining a league again. :(

I know that the whole point of being a gym leader is to eventually be beaten, but if I can't put up a challenge, why bother...

Edited by Anacybele

I'd be up for this(It's a shame that the type clause was removed, I'm pretty sure that if we're using showdown, the variety of pokemon would let people do a 4 of one type +2 pokemon team that is somewhat viable)

I was part of something like this once. It was at another forum. But it turned out that I was hardly worthy of the title of gym leader... I'm assuredly much better at Pokemon now than I was back then, but after how I did in online battles against people here on XY, I'm probably still not good enough. So I'm going to have to pass despite that I wouldn't mind joining a league again. :(

I know that the whole point of being a gym leader is to eventually be beaten, but if I can't put up a challenge, why bother...

You're still welcome to try out. I'm not going to embarrass or ridicule anyone who doesn't make it. Hopefully you'll still participate in the league when it starts though.

You're still welcome to try out. I'm not going to embarrass or ridicule anyone who doesn't make it. Hopefully you'll still participate in the league when it starts though.

Maybe, I'll consider it.

Bluh, I'm interested in this so much. The hype is unreal. But it starts around the time my next semester of university, and I have a bunch if credits :/ I don't want to just randomly stop participating since I generally like to fulfill the commitment. But I guess I could still try? I mean it may be tough to schedule a battle for me because of all my classes, but battles generally don't take THAT long.

I WANT TO BE CHAMPION!

(I'm fairly confident in my battling skills.)

But question: Can't it be only Wi-Fi?

Because I really do prefer playing on my 3DS. And it's not like I don't breed or anything, so I have all the 'mons I need.

And if a player doesn't breed IV 'mons, then he or she isn't a competitive battler and really isn't worth battling in the first place.

Edited by Not-an-Apple

Bluh, I'm interested in this so much. The hype is unreal. But it starts around the time my next semester of university, and I have a bunch if credits :/ I don't want to just randomly stop participating since I generally like to fulfill the commitment. But I guess I could still try? I mean it may be tough to schedule a battle for me because of all my classes, but battles generally don't take THAT long.

Real life should take priority. Which is why I've got the subs list. If you need to step out for a week or two because of finals or papers, that's totally okay. I can arrange for someone to fill in your spot while you're busy.