Ema Skye

My personal assessment of your skill.

I've also added a topic poll about gym leader teams. Be sure to let your opinion be known.

EDIT: Hold on. Poll is being kinda weird. Gimme a bit to sort it out.

EDIT2: Poll is working now. Please revote if you did before.

Edited by Athena

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly had a lot of fun with the 2012 format. I was able to cover what weaknesses my Dual type steels had pretty well, granted other types aren't so lucky in terms of types and such.

all of one type is a terrible idea, and i don't even think 4 and 2 went that well depending on your type. not everyone can have an easy to fix type like Dragon or Steel.

all of one type is a terrible idea, and i don't even think 4 and 2 went that well depending on your type. not everyone can have an easy to fix type like Dragon or Steel.

Well what do you propose then?

Just a reminder that the first day of tryouts is tomorrow.

Send me a PM if you wish to arrange a time to meet up, alongside your username on Showdown.

Edited by Athena

I am on the Showdown lobby right now if anyone is ready. Send me (Professor Palutena) a message on Showdown when you're ready to battle.

Edited by Athena

I'd also like to mention that if the current Smogon suspect test bans any of: Lucarionite, Genesect and Deoxys-S, they will also be banned in Kalos League.

*snip*

This one.

I will be on for the next 40 minutes for anyone interested. send me a message if you want to fight.

If I'm not able to catch you in that timeframe when would be the next time you'd be available today?

You had me worried there, Athena, I didn't want to rely on Stone Miss to have to seal the battle :P

Regardless, good game. I just wish that spectator wasn't there criticizing my every play.

Edited by DualSilverGunner

You had me worried there, Athena, I didn't want to rely on Stone Miss to have to seal the battle :P

Regardless, good game. I just wish that spectator wasn't there criticizing my every play.

I criticized one play, and I assure you my intent was not to piss you off. You could easily have discerned Rotom-W's high Def investment from the damage Knock Off did to it. That you claimed this to be a "friendly match" (it obviously wasn't, given you were clearly playing to win) doesn't make the play less of a mistake.

Either use this as a learning experience--with the takeaways being that you can use damage calcs to get a ballpark estimate of an opponent's EVs, and that you should not make risky plays based opponents' EVs/moves if you can avoid it--or don't, but please spare me the butthurt.

I criticized one play, and I assure you my intent was not to piss you off. You could easily have discerned Rotom-W's high Def investment from the damage Knock Off did to it. That you claimed this to be a "friendly match" (it obviously wasn't, given you were clearly playing to win) doesn't make the play less of a mistake.

Either use this as a learning experience--with the takeaways being that you can use damage calcs to get a ballpark estimate of an opponent's EVs, and that you should not make risky plays based opponents' EVs/moves if you can avoid it--or don't, but please spare me the butthurt.

I will agree that it was a misplay after the fact, but I did not know the Rotom's speed investment considering it made the switch-in. Adamant 252SPE Crawdaunt outspeeds 0SPE Rotom-W by 1. I was trying to be safe. Yes, you're right, I could have discerned that it had physical bulk by the damage but at the time I was mainly looking at the damage for Aqua Jet. I saw the range and I took confidence in the fact that I had a pretty forgivable range which was an oversight on my end. However, I do not believe the oversights are terribly grave.

I also do not see the point in contesting my claim of a friendly game. This event is for fun. We're not doing this to see who is a better battler or who can achieve the highest rank on showdown's ladder. Did I go into the battle with intents to win? Yes. Would I have been upset if it lost? No. Despite Crawdaunt failing to knock out Rotom-W with the Aqua Jet, I feel like I played a solid match and so did Athena. I was satisfied with it regardless.

I apologize if my tone is confrontational and defensive, and I concede my mistakes but I feel my justification is enough.

Edited by DualSilverGunner

People make mistakes, mmkay? I wasted my Terrakion because I forgot it was also fighting type.

If anyone cares I won 3-0.

Edited by Comet