[spoiler=see teams here]

Anon's team

xtci.pngiqfw.pngw8ez.pngtpz7.pngqkc9.png

vs.

Elieson's team

hekj.pngowfi.png60s4.pngtmf2.pnghrwh.png

Turn 12.

w8ez.pngvs 60s4.png

Anon's Titania (Brave Lance) attacks Elieson's Geoffrey (Silver Lance)!

11x2 75% hit 0% crit 26% Adept

(96)

(27 73 50)

Geoffrey receives 11/56 damage!

(88 30 89)

Geoffrey receives 2/56 damage!

Geoffrey is KO'd!

Anon                                Elieson

Naesala 0/62                        Nepenthe 10/44
Boyd 0/60                           Calill 0/47
Ike 38/52                           Geoffrey 0/56
Titania 29/56                       Elincia 0/45
Soren 53/53                         Ike 33/52

Elieson acts next.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[spoiler=see teams here]

Anon's team

vs.

Elieson's team

Turn 13.

tpz7.pngvs hrwh.png

Elieson's Ike (Silver Sword) attacks Anon's Ike (Ragnell)!

14 dmg 71% hit 0% crit 27% Aether

(42)

(29 85 99)

Anon's Ike receives 14/52 damage!

Anon's Ike counterattacks!

21 dmg 83% hit 0% crit 27% Aether

(48)

(79 39 50)

Elieson's Ike receives 21/52 damage!

Ike 24/52                           Geoffrey 0/56
Soren 53/53                         Ike 12/52

Anon acts next.

[spoiler=see teams here]

Anon's team

vs.

Elieson's team

Turn 14.

w8ez.pngvs hrwh.png

Anon's Titania (Brave Lance) attacks Elieson's Ike (Silver Sword)!

13x2 dmg 77% hit 0% crit 26% Adept

(17)

Titania activates Adept!

(19 72 36)

(7)

Ike activates Miracle!

Ike receives 6/52 damage!

(58 36 17)

(38)

Ike receives 6/52 damage!

Ike is KO'd!

Ike 24/52                           Geoffrey 0/56
Soren 53/53                         Ike 0/52

Elieson acts next.

[spoiler=see teams here]

Anon's team

vs.

Elieson's team

Turn 15.

tpz7.pngvs hekj.png

Elieson's Nepenthe (Wishblade) attacks Anon's Ike (Ragnell)!

Nepenthe activates Wrath!

11 dmg 55% hit 50% crit

(10 39 64)

Ike receives 11/52 damage!

Ike counterattacks!

19 dmg 80% hit 0% crit 27% Aether

(19)

Ike activates Aether!

Ike activates Sol!

(70 15 63)

Nepenthe receives 10/44 damage!

Ike recovers 10/52 HP!

Nepenthe is KO'd!

Naesala 0/62                        Nepenthe 0/44
Ike 23/52                           Geoffrey 0/56
Soren 53/53                         Ike 0/52

AnonymousSpeed wins the match! Congratulations!

OUT WITH A BANG, HUZZAH

Good game Anon! I did enjoy trying something new on you! Naesala scared me at the start, and I think that was enough to cost me the match right there!

Postgame summary: I hate naesala.

Good moves:

Attacking Boyd with Geoffrey

Giving Geoffrey the Laguzguard

Setting Ike up with a Silver Sword for a counter, even with a +hit supporter.

Bad moves:

Not using Ragnell Even though It was in the rules since before the game started, and SOME ESPINOSA OVERLOOKED IT

Calill, in general.

Building a Wrath-Resolve Elincia, with a Runesword. She'd have been better with Vantage and Adept.

Attacking with a Seige on turn 1, with Naesala on the field

Questionable moves:

Not sticking a Laguzguard on my Sage. She'd have still died to Brave Boyd or Brave Ike, since she doesn't have much in the way of Avoid

Not seiging Neasala on Turn1. I had Nihil and Adept on her, so I could've pushed for that and helped my cause.

Not picking Naesala for myself. I personally have an overall dislike for Laguz existing long before this project, and let my bias get the best of me.

Bringing Elincia out. She's pathetically weak, and Calill isn't much better.

Espi, I told you that conceptual teams like this are shifty, because unless you push your dodgetankiness to the max, you're always getting hit hard by units that are fully capable of destroying weaker (read, magic users) in ORKOs, unless they're like Soren and have gobs of dodge. It's nice to fantasize about neat and unique teams, but let's be real here for a minute, and realize that we're falling into the same trap of FE6 arena (where a handful of units monopolize the field, and most others are chumpy units that are lucky to see two rounds of combat due to poor AVO and/or overall stats).

Edited by Elieson

I enjoyed the battle as well. Your team, though it ultimately lost, was an honorable effort and was still pretty well done, you got both Boyd and Naesala, arguably my best units.

I have to say Titania surprised me with how well she did, Boyd at least got his Crowning Moment of Awesome and Neasala did a fair bit to. Your Elincia is interesting, but yeah, that could have worked better. Still, a very enjoyable fight that provides a new base for the revised meta!

Elieson:

I wouldn't blame the team actually (maybe the choice to bring in Calill wasn't a good one, but aside from that it was a very fine team); you had a lot of misplays. The big ones:

- Anon panicked about his Soren being equipped with something less than reliable and even announced his worries out loud; you didn't react to this at all.

- Used Calill for really inaccurate chip against Titania, then didn't touch Titania for the rest of the match even though she was supporting two of Anon's best units.

- Didn't note Boyd not having any displayed skills at >50% HP.

- Didn't brave-attack Boyd to bypass Miracle more reliably and didn't bravesword more often in general fishing for 2x likely Aether procs. Of course, braving is less accurate but what can you expect with +32 avo Ike whose easily crushable supports you didn't take care of?

- Kept ignoring Soren even though his +22 avo support made Ike a defensive juggernaut.

- Kept attacking Ike which was ineffective and risky with Aether on each side.

- Didn't switch to the Silver Lance forge for +4 atk, +17 hit for Nepenthe and didn't eliminate Soren (yet again) as the sole unit who could threaten Neph with siege, negating Vantage.

Even then, your victory was really unlikely in the end with basically needing Wrath to proc everytime it mattered, and you didn't leave yourself even that chance.

Edited by Espinosa

In other words...you should have hit Soren. Poor guy.

Well, after the disaster in my first FE6 match, it's good to see that I did pretty well here.

The only thing I'd recommend to you is to opt for silver forges over brave weapons when the forged attack OHKOs and you know the target lacks Miracle, but other than that you did really well.

The choice not to include Nihil anywhere could've cost you the game though, referring to Ellincia being the biggest threat on the other team; however, Elieson didn't play his cards well and let Boyd explode before going down (before which he also walloped, like, a good half of Elie's team).

Edited by Espinosa

Elieson:

I wouldn't blame the team actually (maybe the choice to bring in Calill wasn't a good one, but aside from that it was a very fine team); you had a lot of misplays. The big ones:

- Anon panicked about his Soren being equipped with something less than reliable and even announced his worries out loud; you didn't react to this at all.

- Used Calill for really inaccurate chip against Titania, then didn't touch Titania for the rest of the match even though she was supporting two of Anon's best units.

- Didn't note Boyd not having any displayed skills at >50% HP.

- Didn't brave-attack Boyd to bypass Miracle more reliably and didn't bravesword more often in general fishing for 2x likely Aether procs. Of course, braving is less accurate but what can you expect with +32 avo Ike whose easily crushable supports you didn't take care of?

- Kept ignoring Soren even though his +22 avo support made Ike a defensive juggernaut.

- Kept attacking Ike which was ineffective and risky with Aether on each side.

- Didn't switch to the Silver Lance forge for +4 atk, +17 hit for Nepenthe and didn't eliminate Soren (yet again) as the sole unit who could threaten Neph with siege, negating Vantage.

Even then, your victory was really unlikely in the end with basically needing Wrath to proc everytime it mattered, and you didn't leave yourself even that chance.

After my very first match, where I lost because I went Brave fishing, I had thought I learned my lesson as to not rely in the innacuracies of Braves when my opponent has +AVO supports.

Soren had a +22 Avo on himself too, remember. My thoughts were to attack Ike and cripple Titania and Soren together...though obviously that didn't work out too well. I'd rather not take a Rexbolt to the face (or two, considering I hadn't seen that Titania was equipped with Adept due to Calill!Nihil), and risking eating a Flare/Adept proc would've been terrible for anyone not named Elincia, of whom would've still been hurt pretty badly, and faced a big hit boon.

That, I hadn't thought of (the Seige part), and I really don't know why, considering I was initially doing the same thing to him at the start of the match.

It certainly wasn't my best match, but like I said, I got flustered early on, and tried my very best to catch back up.

In the future, I'd strongly consider dropping Neph and Calill, and going for Oscar Soren and Naesala/Tibarn

I know Hindsight is 20:20, but now I can see just how useful Elincia can be.

However, you saw it yourself, Elincia is frail. Even with a Dragonshield and a Robe, she's still ORKO'd by Naesala, and anyone else who can come up with 41 attack. if she misses with the Runesword In the future, I'd have to give her a second Robe (or the second Shield) just to keep her out of Naesala's OHKO range. Sadly, none of her supports bolster her defense, and with a maximum boost of +20 Avo, she isn't trucking the highest of avoid.

Though, after this match, I do have a plan to modify an Elincia core team; one that I can hopefully operate without hitch.

Espi, thoughts on the Ragnell v Ragnell-less?

That Soren had Vantage and Adept, and lost 10 AS from Rexbolt so even a grandma in a wheelchair could've doubled him. It's true that an Adept Rexbolt proc would've been bad for you, but you still should've taken the risk (another situation where Nihil would've been good) especially considering its hit is low and you had +avo supports... for a while anyway.

Elincia and Mist do seem like potentially really threatening Top/High tier units because of the Runesword. Elincia is better than Mist due to her +hit Ike support (Mist doesn't support any good Cavs either) and 28 AS that's not doubled by random Zihark and Mias.

26-28 AS turns into 39-42 AS so if you'd invested that Speedwings into Elincia you would've doubled Naesala with the Runesword and probably got all your health back with Wrath crits, completely annihilating him.

I still think that building a more durable Elincia is important if she's going to be core, which brings the team down to an extent, as any other supporters in the quartet (namely, whichever mage hits the field, Soren or moreso, Calill) desperately wants one of those robes, and Geoff is tanky enough to make solid use of another.

I guess after thought, Calill really does help the field more, what with only 1 AS loss from Bolting, and 3 from Rexbolt, Soren's pitiful AS was a boon I should've jumped on really early on, you're right. Anyone could've worked well with that, (in my case, probably Silver Bow!Geoff or Neph, who'd have entered Wrath state after being struck back mid battle, and certainly done some major harm with a SilverL+.

Soren's built in Adept was more intimidating than it should've been to me.

Yeah, if you take Calill out of the team you suddenly have more robes to give to people. Elincia and Mist really don't want to have too much HP though - otherwise, it's easy to weaken them a tiny bit (Runesword's acc sucks) and then kill them off entirely with a powerful blow, like anything Boyd does off that 30 atk (and we really should start seeing Largo here).

Neph, Nephenee huh. I keep confusing it with Nepenthe.