Klok Plays FE7 Chaos Mode (Less rage more tactics)

Klokinator

So I'll be playing this, much more slowly than phobia, with more of an emphasis on tactics. I'll stay at least a chapter behind him all the way and just show my own way of tackling each situation as it arises. I'll also show off anything he happened to miss and attempt to use characters he doesn't (Because really, everyone is viable and especially for me who has foreknowledge of things to come.).

So let's begin!

[spoiler=Chapter 11 2 ez 5 me ltc]
aBdmV8h.png
HHM, always. Playing on HNM is bad. 2scrub5me.

35Bvfgo.png
New title, appropriate I must add. This chapter and chapter 12 are the -only- chapters that have not been modified in some way, aside from the playable characters. This is mainly because getting used to the confusion is hard enough without new weapons and shit. This changes all too soon, however.

7r7OS5p.png
Ugh, fine. Always the hardest part.

ZTE9Oci.png
I'm crossing my fingers hoping for knee-slapping hilarious screenshots in the near future.

WJjGCHJ.png
Gay.

Ul4xYF5.png
*Onii-chan. Get it right. Where the fuck is Camtech and my updated script.

ysw3auO.png
Even your brother wants you to call him by his proper title.

K4M8vw6.png
Certainly not stealing anything, since he isn't a thief anymore.

badum tss

DUQ30Mz.png
>because horses are so hard to see

o6CBW8o.png
Wait, axe? You must have me confused with some lovable green-haired twelve year old girl.

cgtoERr.png
Gay. Actually gay sneak attack, even worse.

fucking gay ninjas

CKn4Wnj.png
Oh shit, the gay ninja actually showed up!

rwB1OFA.png
I think he's sizing up DAT ASS.

dz8cTQD.png
I'm definitely seeing a resemblance to a certain gay ninja.

namely this faggot

8gMpfkT.png1Ip2i9p.png
Hector is probably the best forced lord unit of all time with 1-3 range Steel Bow. Matthew is fairly meh. He's good starting game and kinda bad lategame. Just my opinion though.

VjgADuX.pngdI7xzOi.png
I start by using my iron sword to bust the wall in a single hit. Check soldier's move-range and move Hector just barely into his range.

POoKkrg.png
Hector is the best dodgetank
/sarcasm

mWsAxEp.pnglYTh8PL.png
Next turn, Hector kills the soldier and matthew takes out the archer from 3 range.

Rk8Jk1d.png
Armorslayer critted OP must nerf plz devs.

GrTDUd0.png
Beginning of next turn is turn 3 and the enemy thief will open the door on this turn but hasn't yet. Perfect!

YnlWk8L.pnghDKxFCn.png
Move Hector to location shown and trade the chest key to Matthew. If done right you should be able to open the door with Hector on that same move.
I fucked up a little though, meant to trade the chest key with Matt's vulnerary. I fixed it by restarting and replaying really fast.

r7OEnqo.pngiL6oX9N.png
With door opened, rush chest, get red gem. Make sure Matthew keeps the gem for easy shops next chapter.

H5ikchu.pngqd51382.pngl1vouY9.png
Next three turns shown, have Matthew rush the door and Hector stay behind to snip enemies over the wall with 3-range bow.
Matthew can solo that boss no problem.

d57OAvF.png
Perfect hitrate, no risk, not amuse.

SosEIBK.pngh6O1ZAt.png
Luckily the force was with me and Matthew critted on the second hit. Getting an action shot is harder than it looks... lol.

DMrQeRb.png
GODDAMNIT MATTHEW

Gay count: 6.

Next chapter will happen eventually.

Edited by Klokinator

But I like rage!

Anyways, good stuff, kind of nice to see it from the developer's POV.

Have stat growths been altered? I'm just curious as to what aside from the obvious has changed, if you can reveal so without SPOILERS

The earlier in the game you go, the less growths are changed. Later characters are altered somewhat but not moreso than they were in vanilla. A fast, low-str character will be even faster with lower STR, for example.

Since it's fixed LCK, if a character had 40% or higher LCK growths, I subtracted that and added the remaining % into the other notable stat growths. Serra, for example, had like 60% LCK and 20% of that went to speed, with the remaining 40% spread around fairly evenly. I mainly buff growths that were already good though, to emphasize a character's strengths.

The earlier in the game you go, the less growths are changed. Later characters are altered somewhat but not moreso than they were in vanilla. A fast, low-str character will be even faster with lower STR, for example.

Since it's fixed LCK, if a character had 40% or higher LCK growths, I subtracted that and added the remaining % into the other notable stat growths. Serra, for example, had like 60% LCK and 20% of that went to speed, with the remaining 40% spread around fairly evenly. I mainly buff growths that were already good though, to emphasize a character's strengths.

Neat. Was it ever explained why Luck growths were removed? Sorry if I missed it in phobia's thread, I do remember you mentioning that and the fact that there's a lot more Goddess Icons :P

Neat. Was it ever explained why Luck growths were removed? Sorry if I missed it in phobia's thread, I do remember you mentioning that and the fact that there's a lot more Goddess Icons :P

Does "because I felt like it" count as an answer? That was pretty much my reasoning. It also handily nerfs gamebreaking 90+ avoidance in the endgame which is just a nice handy extra reason why I might do so!

Does "because I felt like it" count as an answer? That was pretty much my reasoning. It also handily nerfs gamebreaking 90+ avoidance in the endgame which is just a nice handy extra reason why I might do so!

It counts as an answer, but it certainly sounds like a sadistic one if I ever heard it, since it also has the unfortunate side effect of making crit weapons much more effective against you

I dunno if that makes you a sadist for subjecting phobia to it or a masochist for subjecting yourself to it, but either way, good luck with this, I'll be keeping an eye out ;)

Next chapter go!

[spoiler=Ch. 12 is 2 LTC 5 me]

8IbPYnf.png

references to children's books that aren't read in public schools anymore

classic klok

niAP5M1.png

He dies. The end.

9jsm6Yc.png

Oh god, not more gay EliLove...

wNxYNVA.png-F4L57p1.png

Santaruz is the governeror's name and Eliwood entered him. Incoming foursome.

Gay.

qSOznza.png-hMcA5QU.png

Our bromance is no game! Off with the woman's head!

bp0cz63.png-g5yFPLe.png

hansen_story_2.jpg

SK7FbBP.png

*onii-chan

TeQJxeq.png

It's like fanfics practically write themselves.

Xqtd6u2.png

Bitch wants the D?

Sy9IR4X.png-eVkHMuj.png

Hectorapist confirmed.

DC1kQT6.png

"The poor man died instantly. Didn't even feel a thing."

V5dKoN2.png

Get a room.

yPmq0HQ.png-798qibZ.png

"Ew! With a woman?!"

cTANfUo.png

Ub9Ea43.png

Chapter's pretty simple, let's get down to tactics.

OVxBZfh.pngKXsYZOj.pngVE7JMbj.png

Dorcas, the worst cav in the game but still great in these early chapters. Doubles shit and has enough con to wield weapons with only 2 AS loss. He's probably not bad late into the game thanks to that ridiculous CON but I can't help but dislike him.

DXildAy.pngtEP53EO.pngqOyBkfT.png

Can't wait for my next thief. Doesn't even get good SPD levels and his bases suck :<

iXoOnn6.pnguNe7T71.png9ceKDPw.png

He improves considerably in a certain chapter when a certain item is obtained earlier than it was in the vanilla game, but I still dislike him. Wyverns suck.

6zDBuBy.pngSMuqJsd.pngo0ATgLw.png

Eliwood would be goddamn amazing if every anima tome didn't make him lose like 7 AS. Until he gets a tome not named Fire or Thunder he'll be single attacking and praying for crits to really demolish the enemy.

5GoHyDx.pngCx3QARx.png2kgfUuA.png

If you know me then you know I have a fetish for chicks who promote to zerker. Even so, Rebecca is a little lackluster but I still adore her :>

She needs a Hand Axe to be of any use though.

w3RSTQ8.pngiiirOVW.pngDiA4Pe1.png

Fucking wonderful unit. Save that dragonshield for later IMO. I will promote him at the same time I do Oswin, in a certain chapter.

sU0ujGv.png-Z1kXC8R.png-DkAxft9.png

First bit of tactics, trade Bartre's iron sword to Dorcas and move Dorcas onto that fort and equip it.

GGps6vd.png-JYSyjwm.png

Lowen moves into just outside the Brigand's range but just inside the Pegasi's range.

GCGaiRx.png

So I heard you liked hitting 1 range RES stat with crits in a game where mostly all physical units are 2 range? Me too!

AMk87g8.png

Final formation of bottom.

mdwg54s.png

Hector kills this poor nearby pegasi. The positioning is important because nearly every enemy will attack him and his THWOMP power.

yCGveHO.png-GsYdrqq.png

Oswin performs electrical surgery on this man's brain, for devestating results. Note that I kept him out of that Archer's range intentionally. Hector needs all the early levels he can possibly get.

TqkMg1m.png

Serra trades his iron sword back up to the top.

EoqskoF.png

AIN'T HITTING ME, BITCH.

RAPmWY4.png-5zwUDnZ.png

Hector erases this pegasi from our world. (His world? ...their world? Idk.)

P8CB1iC.png

Not SPD 0/10.

MewKF5B.png

Fort-assisted dodge 7/10.

vmqbehA.png-iwXMyPj.png

OH COME ON.

lhJ9yJf.png-ZVqUWQy.png

FUCK YOUR RNG I HAVE CRITS

PHm9pfx.png

Thundorcas strikes!

Gux9jhi.png

Oh come on.

LrLGfkC.png

Yeah, fuck you!

XTiRi7z.png

Hector SLY COOPER tier.

mzhE01m.png

Since Bartre is now unarmed and therefore useless, he can go nab that village.

Ts26mOZ.png

Grr.

Sa6AIDQ.png

BEAUTIFUL!

PsMIteV.png

Lowen erased that enemy, now Dorcas takes a crack!

rfTlcib.png

UMAD?

5HsZ55v.png-77oii4P.png

My hope is to give the enemy a target other than the easily killed Lowen. Marcus is pretty much untouchable on that fort at this point in the game.

QiPa7n9.png

2 EZ

6Ec7Bug.png

GODDAMNIT HECTOR

p1YUPo4.png

Serra, cleanup on aisle FUCK HECTOR

ZX8CtQD.png

ARGH

OoPw1sw.png

oh right doubling

oops

VBvCPYS.png-ZquFYGP.png

<3

CXzOqnU.png

he got hit but not killed yay

mpENxwx.png

Nearly all enemies are dead so until the boss is killed, Marcus will spam heal on anyone injured for easy EXP.

WaIVdJ3.png

Oh hey this works better than having Eliwood do it!

4GfctaF.png

BUT HE ONLY HIT ONCE FML

lsfbNzu.png

Dem purple pants. Couldn't find a good palette for 'becca so just went with purple. Fuck the police.

nubTth2.png

dead man walking

err, woman?

YRD9bmt.png

YOU WALKING PUTRID LUMP OF GERBIL VOMIT

Mj1Ralr.png-4ZYGXol.png

Will give to Eliwood in a sec.

u9W6PPz.png

Skipped a turn, mostly unimportant. Now we just buy a single iron sword for Bartre and give it to him by ferrying him with lowen, while rebecca uses a little more money to buy some vulneraries at the shop and she'll trade those to people on the next chapter.

bF1TB11.png

Also traded this bitch to Oswin because he's the best for it.

QhvIRrY.png

Hector moves onto the mountain and soloes Zagan.

MnNYA8J.png

Meh. Got SPD but still kinda shitty.

IZmN7tG.png

Eliwood w/skill book.

pAVyamg.png

Oswin finished the boss for EXP (He needs it)

01dBY94.png

GODDAMNIT OSWIN

Fun chapter. Fuck the next one in particular though.

Gay count: 13.

Edited by Klok