I got my new computer!(actually 2)

Junk

hey if cafe can make like 80 threads that are like this why can't I. But it's awesome because it has windows 8 on it(Yes most people hate it but it's windows at least). And the best part is you guys will no longer have to hear me whine about how my os sucks and how can't do anything on it. (You will be familiar with it if you go on ip chat) And the best part is that it's amazing. I am going from 2 gigs of ram to 8 gigs of ram. you can also hear me stop whining on how i want path of radiance so bad and you guys are so lucky that you have it! Sorry IS but por is simply to expensive. And for some reason i need linux i have a virtual machine! Sorry for this pointless thread but i was so happy that i couldn't resist myself.

microsoft did a good job optimizing the os, the bootup and shutdown are amazingly fast

As much as I dislike windows 8, this is true

This is the statement I keep seeing that people love to use with Windows 8.

Startup and Shutdown speed aren't as important as many people like to think unless they are using an HDD as opposed to using a decent SSD (just got a Samsung 840 PRO 256GB some hours ago and this thing is fast).

People use the Start Menu because it's faster to access installed programs using that (especially on Windows Vista and 7) than using the desktop or most other methods.

I use a low tier SSD (Corsair Force 3) and the boot is already fast enough, too

In fact, I've heard there isn't much practical difference between "good" SSDs and worse ones (useless crap like Corsair Nova aside - fuck that)

Eh I just got the start menu back for win8 (Start8 is nice. There are free options but as a dev I decided to support a fellow dev and it's 5 bucks anyway) because the only reason I got a windows machine in the first place is for a certain class

So might as well start my goddamn code that has a due date instead of wasting more time putting it back to 7

so whatever doesn't bother me now