So, I'm being evicted

Elieson

Tentatively sounds like things are starting to look up, Eli! Nice!

Moving fridge/freezers is blargh, true, but I particularly loathe moving sofas/ furniture. Long objects and curved staircases don't mix at all :(

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

save that shit for fftf

"but it is in"

no shut up this thread wasn't supposed to be here

People post threads in here because it's the most active part of the forum. Eli was venting (as was said) and he can't really do that in a place that no one reads so he put it here instead. Now he has to put up with the sort of posts this place is normally used as a graveyard for.

I just finished moving out the last load from my house to storage. Rain for the past 3 hrs was no help though. On my way to dad's with the last load. There isn't much left but a few cups and things we aren't really to transport/use easily. I could make one last go for the leftovers, but I Just can't anymore. I'm physically and mentally exhausted. And I gotta run the kids to school in 1 hr, then head straight to work. At least I still have my job

My previous babysitters bf stopped by to offer a hand, and I graciously accepted. He was a huge help in getting my fridge/freezer out of my house.

I'm just about done. Just need to square up living arrangements, call to cancel my hydro/city municipalities bills, and survive through tomorrow!

Dude, don't forget to take some time to rest! It won't do to get everything in order, and then catch a cold!

WELL, I HAVE A SERIOUS UPDATE AND I'M TYPING THIS FROM A COMPUTER SO OH MY GOD

Alright. Working down the line:

Waifu is getting an apartment closer to her job, and has opted to either be busy with work (or training, or whatever) for the next two weekends until she gets confirmation and the keys on the 21st.

I've managed to reorganize my father's storage unit, and get various things like my kid's dressers and clothing sacks to my current abode...

Which is, my father's abode. He's been trying to work on the house to prep it for sale, and was pretty much done. I'm helping him redo some of the flooring and paint the guest area that we're staying in, so that's something. I'm still overworked at the restaurant, but I'll be taking some time off of there. I'm paying him $600/mo (which is both $160 cheaper than rent at the apartment that I was considering, and includes things like electricity, cable, basic groceries, laundering machines, etc). Tyler isn't that stoked about living with them, but now that we've moved from the couch in their den to an actual room, he's doing better. He'd still prefer the apartment, but fuck, I'm paying the bills, and I'm tired of letting other people in my family just decide what has to be done. I have now the shittiest of shit credit, and a small chunk of savings. I'm doing what I have to do.

Things I have to do also includes looking after the Teacup Yorkie that my lovely Waifu graced for our daughter. When she gets the keys though, she's taking it back. She wants it, and I don't want it, so I'm not concerned. I can take care of the thing for a few more weeks. I don't hate it, I just don't want it. Tyler doesn't want it either. My father obviously doesn't want another pet peeing all over the house he's trying to sell, and Lexi well, she'll still see it when she visits mommy.

Bringing me to the next part. Waifu and I have agreed to me keeping primary on both kids, and she'll participate actively on weekends (picking them up from school on Friday, and bringing them back on Sunday). I'm probably going to make the drive absolutely never, because she likes to drive, doesn't work on Friday-Sunday typically, and was the one who wanted to make the move far away from them anyway.

She's taking responsibility for the car payment (which is under my name), while I keep the paid-off Minivan. If she can keep up, no problems, but she's got lots of other expenditures to be concerned about, so if it gets Repo'd, it's both my problem and not my problem. Insurance and Cell, she's taking her half and I'm taking mine. We're splitting day care costs 50/50, along with any other expenses primary expenses that go directly towards the kids' things (not including my "rent" payments towards my father).

We're still friends, but, the connection is long gone. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I'm glad to be out of that house...the burden of debt that she got me into was too much for me to get out, and I was already pretty much a single parent. It's easier now that I'm not relying on her to do anything that I would need from a spouse. I'd rather just know that the responsibility is mine than have to count on her assistance and not get it for whatever reason. Plus, I heard she's got a date lined up for next weekend. yea

Divorce proceedings will probably occur next month, maybe April. RIght now, we're settling everything down and in. I'd rather find my kid's clothing and all that jazz, than worry about paperwork. As if I haven't dealt with enough while shutting off my previous domestic services and whatnot.

So, staying here with my father isn't the most glamorous of options, but it allows me to save some money and helps me out with the kids, and I'm open and willing to any help I can get if it means that they're taken care of. The ultimate plan is that my dad wants to sell his business that I work for (the machining job), and with that plus the money from his house, move to a cheaper plot of land, approximately 8 acres in size, a little bit north of here, and build a home on it. The plot of land in question already has a home (something like 2,000 sqft in size, which is beyond ample for 1 adult and 2 kids), which he has offered to me and the children, while he lives in his newly built estate. This was discussed a little bit last year, and scoffed at by Waifu, who dislikes the involvement of my family. I'm tired of that, and strongly considering the option. Sure, it won't be as private, but the difference between living on their property with 5-6 acres between us, and living at an apartment 4 miles down the street, is certainly negligible.

I've got support. I've got a roof over my head, and a roof that I can both help maintain and provide for my kids under. At this point, it's about calming down, then restarting life. And just in time for my 26th birthday, tomorrow.

So, that's what's going on right now. I'm still unpacking and organizing, but I'm going to have much of that space and organization back when Waifu gets her apartment keys and she takes whatever she wants for this apartment of hers.

I slept well last night. 6 solid hours. First night I've slept for more than 3 hours in over a week. Still cruisin' through things fast, and working hard all day, but I can relax here and there, and that means so much.

And now it's off to work again. Restaurant demands my time and services, as per usual, but tonight, it'll be easier. Last night, the owners took me aside and said that despite the tired look in my eyes, I was acting more relaxed. I needed to hear that...it means I'm making progress. It helped.

I'll also be more active around here after the weekend. I'll be getting my computer set back up probably tomorrow afternoon or the day after.

Thank you for your support, and keeping involved to maintain my optimism. It really means a lot to me. I've got goals now, and I've got life stabilizing for me and Tyler and Alexis. Now, it's all about climbing back to maintain that stability.

Edited by Elieson

I'm sure there are plenty of us who are honoured to read that your spirits have been raised by your visits here.

I still think "here" is kind of a shoddy place to get that kind of support from though

Edited by Izayoi

I'm relieved that things are looking better for you, Elieson! I'm glad that SF helped you somehow! :D

But yeah, this thread...I'm not sure if it deserves praise like that.

Edited by Crizix

The gods listened...

Waifu and I have agreed to me keeping primary on both kids

How...unorthodox. But it seems to me to be the best option for both children. Still, its very rare that a person would give up primary custody on a child who isnt...well you know. Im so glad to hear that things are evening out. Happy Boofday, and i hope you enjoy it!

I'm a little late, but Happy Belated Birthday, Elieson!

As others have already posted, I'm both very happy and relieved to hear that your situation is stabilizing and honored that Serenes has been able to help you work through this turbulent time.

We (well, most of us) are all rooting for you!

Edited by Radiant Dragon

Holy cow Elieson. I just read through the entire thread (For... good and for worse u n u) and gosh. What a crazy two weeks you've had. I'm super happy though to see what a huge turnaround you've had though, and I'm just floored with your outlook during the entire time. I can't say I'd find myself as positive and collected as you were. The way you handled things, set goals for yourself and prioritized your list of things to accomplish is really admirable.

Happy birthday though! And I really genuinely wish you and your family the best.

I hope things continue to look up for you, Elie. Sometimes, I wonder if being anti-relationship with all of the females I meet nowadays is the wrong mentality... then I read about things that your is doing and... well, women are dumb, irrational, and almost not worth all of the fucking effort to deal with.

Almost. I hope that you find a winner soon, man. Lord knows there aren't many of them out there