【東方】 Yet Another Touhou Draft

Scarlet

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But senpai is also really good. :<

Not really. I'm a PoFV freak, and I'm also obsessed with the PC-98s, neither of which are included in this draft. And I also maximize my starting lives and bombs at every opportunity. And many of my 1ccs were lucky cases that I likely won't be able to pull off easily again. And with the exception of EoSD, I'll likely have a LOT of trouble with non-preferred shot types.

EDIT: And what ZM said. You played with Flan-chan long enough for her to actually be satisfied~ That is an achievement that I've never come close to achieving.

Edited by Railgun

Do NOT let RAYKITTY~ join. He's going to own everyone else so easily it's not even funny. I'll take up that last slot (and I'm pretty sure I was the one RAYKITTY~ was thinking of anyway), though I'm not sure if I can handle one-week deadlines...

Come on now, I only placed 2nd on IN. :newyears:

And yeah, I guess it was pretty obvious that I was thinking of you. I'm glad you're willing to give it a go. ^^

I'm not sure why default settings are necessary. Increasing your starting lives or bombs will end up severely crippling your score. But eh, since clearing the game is not a requirement, I guess it's fine.

I decided against allowing lives/bombs to be altered because unlike the original draft, clearing the game is not only no longer strictly required, it in fact is worth a significant point bonus if you do pull it off. That, and the fact that MoF and later don't allow you to change starting lives anymore, so it'd feel a bit weird to me.

Again, though, if you'd all rather have it allowed, I'll change the ruleset accordingly~

I do think, however, that Marisa Broken should be banned. Maintaining the 3-3.95 Power isn't very difficult when you can destroy bosses before a single bullet even goes near you. And going above 3.95 is fine, because you can bomb down to the broken range anytime.

Yes, you plow through bosses, but from my experience it hardly helps with your score, if at all.

Though I guess banning it would be consistent with my argument for disallowing life/bomb changes, so I guess I'll ban it.

Also, you removed the extra rule that allowed us to chicken out and Easy Modo one game

That I did. :newyears:

Alright, as far as I'm concerned, drafting can begin! ZM, if you would?

Edited by Scarlet

I think we should go in order of games.

No, that's silly. If we went game by game, all of the priorities for every game would be fixed. ZM would get first pick for every even-numbered games, I'd get first pick for every odd-numbered games, Zak and Kalas-chan would never get first pick, etc.

1. Snake-style drafting will be used to determine shot types used. Take your pick from the entire pool, but after choosing from one game you obviously can't choose another from the same game.

You can draft any shot type from any game when it's your turn. Of course, you can't draft a shot type that's already drafted, or from a game that you already have a shot type on.

So I can pick anything?

Yes Edited by Railgun

Yeah, confirming that you can pick from the games in any order you like. If you want to pick all Sanaes available before anyone else can, you're free to do so!

Yeah, confirming that you can pick from the games in any order you like. If you want to pick all Sanaes available before anyone else can, you're free to do so!

Yay~

Best way to start a Touhou game. ...Or at least only UFO.

If that's the case, then I"m going with Sanae B for Touhou 12.

Oh, crap, the rest of us are all going to die to Vajra

Have fun with Fantastica, ZM!

btw is there any possibility of extending the one-week deadline? Like, maybe we could have each game going for two weeks, but also having two games per week? e.g. first week gets EoSD, second week gets EoSD and PCB, then EoSD results are to be announced, third week gets PCB and IN, then PCB results get announced, etc. It'll only add one extra week at the ending (though DDC is ridiculously easy that we'd probably send it in early), but it gives us more leeway if we're really busy in a particular week or so. What do you guys think?

Also, this may or may not affect draft decisions, but do we go Eirin, Kaguya, or can we choose?

The choice is yours! Eirin's final stage is slightly easier to beat, but Kaguya's is much better for scoring.

Well, I'm in no rush for TD then, since Youmu and Reimu are both awesome.

Going with SakuyaA for DDC, and... ReimuB for MoF. Get the easy games out of the way first.

btw RAYKITTY~, you should point out that MoF MarisaB is banned in the OP.

Edited by Railgun