【東方】 Yet Another Touhou Draft

Scarlet

Well, she's kinda sorta decent if you're not good at reactive bombing / deathbombing.

This would hold true if we were analyzing the shot types alone. In the context of SA stages and bosses, though, MarisaC has a really hard time imo.

Alright, only Zak's and Kalas' final picks left and we're good to go!

I would suggest waiting until February 19, so that ZM can participate.

Zak, you should pick Aya; Kalas-chan... I have no idea about ReimuC or MarisaA.

Edited by Railgun

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would suggest waiting until February 19, so that ZM can participate.

Zak, you should pick Aya; Kalas-chan... I have no idea about ReimuC or MarisaA.

uh... Alright. I pick Aya about 19 days from now.

You guys can go on without me. I don't mind waiting.

B-but... it won't be fun if you're not also playing with us!

And I'm also kinda busy too, so I'd prefer waiting, but whatever

Kalas-chan, take MarisaA, because that's who RAYKITTY~ took in the previous draft in the same situation. EDIT: nvm, got ninja'd

Edited by Railgun

@Proto: Right, my excitement got the better of me. xD

Well uh, how about this:

Round 1, EoSD, starts once picks are done, but lasts until February 26th, and Round 2, PCB, only starts February 19th. After that, we keep the planned schedule.

That gives you guys plenty of time to practice EoSD, and ZM still has a week after his birthday to catch up. Does that sound fair?

LOL I love how Kalas has Reimus across the board while Zak has Marisas across the board. I was hoping Kalas would get Youmu for TD, though.

I'll post an analysis of my routes in a bit.

B-but... it won't be fun if you're not also playing with us!

And I'm also kinda busy too, so I'd prefer waiting, but whatever

I will be in spirit. :<

just keep waiting, just keep waiting, just keep waiting, waiting, waiting~

Well uh, how about this:

Round 1, EoSD, starts once picks are done, but lasts until February 26th, and Round 2, PCB, only starts February 19th. After that, we keep the planned schedule.

That gives you guys plenty of time to practice EoSD, and ZM still has a week after his birthday to catch up. Does that sound fair?

Perfectly fine. I'll practice EoSD at school.

Can we just give Kalas-chan~ MarisaB, to compensate for his lack of persuasion needles?

And I completely agree with RAYKITTY~'s proposal. I mean, sure, it won't be fair to ZM or whoever else is busy, but even if we officially start on Feb 19, those who aren't busy would probably still practice EoSD until then. So there's no reason NOT to start now instead of Feb 19, as long as the end date of EoSD is 26 Feb and PCB starts on the same day too.

Unless ZM wants two weeks, in which case, we can start PCB on 26th Feb and end EoSD on 5th March.

I'm actually really surprised that Kalas-chan~ didn't pick Youmu as well. Not only is she one of his favorite characters, but Youmu also melts bosses better than anybody else in TD. Ah, well, I'm not complaining here~

Edited by Railgun

@Kalas: Well, ReimuC is close enough to ReimuB's gameplay. She does more damage the closer you are to the target (shotgun plz), but other than that plays mostly the same.

@Proto: Weren't you the one who wanted MarisaB banned in the first place? xD

@Kalas: Well, ReimuC is close enough to ReimuB's gameplay. She does more damage the closer you are to the target (shotgun plz), but other than that plays mostly the same.

@Proto: Weren't you the one who wanted MarisaB banned in the first place? xD

I did, but as you said, it's horrible for scoring and MoF is easy to 1cc anyway. imo MarisaB's advantage over the other MoF shot types isn't as great as say, ReimuA's advantage over MarisaA in SA. I'm just sad that there's no way to compensate for bad picks (aside from "being a better player") unless you want to allow that 1-time Easy Modo chicken, or increasing lives/bomb count when they're available

Note: I'm just expressing my thoughts here. Not trying to suggest any rule changes or anything. It's fine as it is. This is a draft, so you can't expect to get everything you want. If you didn't want a bad pick, you should have picked it earlier. Thinking ahead with your priorities is essential for drafting.

Edited by Railgun

EoSD - ReimuA: I haven't played EoSD in months, but this is one I always went with when I played. Maybe I can finally get past Meiling. NO. I WILL get past Meiling. And Patchouli. AND Sakuya. AND REMILIA. Maybe not Flandre.

PCB - SakuyaB: Haven't played. Lead me to victory, Sakuya~

IN - Magic Team: Haven't played. Marisa/Alice tag-team. Surprised Kalas didn't pick this. This should be fun.

MoF - ReimuA: Sanae's debut game~ Haven't played, though. Reimu should do fine.

SA - MarisaC: Haven't played. Marisa/Nitori tag-team. Proto said this should be difficult, but hey, I like a challenge. Bring it on.

UFO - SanaeB: Haven't played, but SANAE~ I'LL DO FINE.

TD - Sanae: Played a little bit, but stopped so I could focus more on EoSD last year. Again, I have Sanae. I'LL DO FINE.

DDC - SakuyaB: Haven't played. Sakuya rocks, though. I got this.

And that's that. Advice would be appreciated, however.

@Kalas: In any case, you picked ReimuC, so you get ReimuC. :V

@Proto: Well, trying to get good picks in the first place is part of the challenge. xD

Anyway:

Round 1, Th06: EoSD, starts now. It ends at February 26th.

Round 2, Th07: PCB will begin at February 19th.

Good luck and have fun, everyone!

I can actually play EoSD right now on my mom's laptop, but I only possess during limited periods of time, which is why I was iffy about the starting times. ...Maybe I can beat that right now.