Hello, Hi, Hey: I'm $$$ richh

I guess so...

Yay, Fate/Zero~Of those four, I think MoF is the easiest to 1cc on Normal because of bomb spammage. EoSD has the easiest bullet patterns though, while both PCB and IN throw loads of resources at you (especially if you start with a lot of lives). Good luck!

Lol

I may not have been able to read Chiru yet, but this is still so amazing it surpasses most of what I know

• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

I've already got a person who is willing to check my writing. And I help this person, too. Work off each other, so to speak

I-it's not like I wanted to, baka

Still, pretty cool

Uh-huh T:

Ayep

But I'm a professional critic.

You are?

I've already got a person who is willing to check my writing. And I help this person, too. Work off each other, so to speak

Uh-huh T:

Ayep

"One hand washes another"

Oh my, asking me will only get you praise y'know

The suspense value is terribly high, the story is filled with twists and turns, but not in a bad way. Whereas multiple use of shock factor can create shallowness, twists in Monster are highly focused on emphasizing the thematics explored, and attempt to stun via the element of genuine surprise and not jump-scares. Characters are developed throughout the series, so that every single one has multiple layers and purposes in the story. Developments themselves re not cliched, we just get a deeper look into the minds of the characters, and slowly learn more about their motives and their reasons for falling into darkness. Johan is not incredibly developed sadly, but he serves his role well due to his manipulative nature, backstory and highly enigmatic persona. In fact, his manipulative skills are beyond comprehension, and he has a way with words so everyone is ensured to feel his charm.

Sub-plots usually explore different aspects of our main characters by having them interact with other people in diverse situations, which brings us to the only problem I had with monster. Some subplots, not all mind you, were rather unnecessary and pointless and just included to waste time. Still, by themselves they aren't bad, it's just their connection to the main plot that bothered me a bit.

Still, all in all Monster is really fantastic a series, filled with a convoluted plot, diverse characters and thematics seldomly explored in anime. Shall I expand this short text, or is this enough?

[spoiler=thematics]Ok, so the most important thing in Monster might just be the Nietzsche-like approach. The vilain, as amazing as he may be, is ultimately just another monster created by the human race. Who is the real monster in the story? Is it th villain, is it some person that influenced him, or even the protagonist? One message as such would be that no matter who we are, we all have monsters inside of us, monsters that may awake and devour our surroundings whenever they want.

Otherwise it deals with common problems in ethics. Are all people equal? Who decides whether they are or not? What if the person saved is a murderer? Was it the wrong choice?

Then, it deals with the Third Reich and its leftovers, meaning multiple references to Hitler and the neonazis, a topic most shows shy away from. Racism, violence and deception are thematics thoroughly explored throughout the series via various sub-plots, all packed into one hell of a murder mystery.

I'd like to talk more about the thematics explored in Monster, but for the sake of avoiding crucial spoilers, I hope this' ll suffice to give you a general idea of what is explored in the series.

Oh, one thing I forgot, it shows the descend into darkness of multiple individuals, and it doesn't hold back with showing that

I'm fine, i think i did relatively well in the test i had today

How about you?

Not much, I'm about to start my first class for the day

@Mayo then I guess I'm gonna have to check it out, then

**Adds Monster to the list of never ending things to check out**