Hello, Hi, Hey: I'm $$$ richh

13 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Anyway, I'm putting a stop here. Will continue this epic of an endgame... some other day.

Like, how long has it been since you started this whole thing?

• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

16 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

Like, how long has it been since you started this whole thing?

Just Alpha Gaiden? I actually don't quite remember. Incluiding Alpha? Since October 2015. Good thing I'll finish both games in less than two years, haha.

11 minutes ago, Trisitei said:

they must be long games

Well, admitedly, I don't play everyday. Even spent once or twice with like a month not playing.

But yes, SRW games are on the long side. They're SRPG's like FE, but while the average FE game has like 25~ chapters (not counting optional ones like Paralogues and DLC), the average SRW game has like over 50. Alpha had 67 (for the Hard route ending), Alpha Gaiden has 45 (agian, Hard route ending). So yes, much bigger than a FE game. The longest SRW game is 101 chapters long (actual number is bigger due to having a route split, so you only play 101 of 105-107), so imagine that.

And that's not even taking into acount stuff like map sizes, enemy numbers, etc.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I've been convince for some years now that my cartridge of Pokemon Conquest was gone, probably slipped under a crack or sucked-up by the vacuum cleaner.

I've just found it in my Pokemon White 2 box while I was in the middle of saying to my brother that I was sure at this point I had lost it for good.

Guess I'll boot it up to see where I left it.

I've been convince for some years now that my cartridge of Pokemon Conquest was gone, probably slipped under a crack or sucked-up by the vacuum cleaner.

I've just found it in my Pokemon White 2 box while I was in the middle of saying to my brother that I was sure at this point I had lost it for good.

26 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, admitedly, I don't play everyday. Even spent once or twice with like a month not playing.

But yes, SRW games are on the long side. They're SRPG's like FE, but while the average FE game has like 25~ chapters (not counting optional ones like Paralogues and DLC), the average SRW game has like over 50. Alpha had 67 (for the Hard route ending), Alpha Gaiden has 45 (agian, Hard route ending). So yes, much bigger than a FE game. The longest SRW game is 101 chapters long (actual number is bigger due to having a route split, so you only play 101 of 105-107), so imagine that.

And that's not even taking into acount stuff like map sizes, enemy numbers, etc.

man
it really does sound like it'd take a while to get through

especially with all the other stuff i hear you do. like writing and school

22 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

hope it'll be the same for eo3.....

i miss that

Just now, Trisitei said:

hope it'll be the same for eo3.....

i miss that

Never lose hope. It's probably had been 5 years at this point since I had last seen my cartridge.

4 minutes ago, Trisitei said:

man

Haha, specially the one with 101 chapters. Well, that game is a remake. The original only had like 95~. The fun part is unlocking the final stage. Beat the game in under 777 turns. Doesn't apply for the remake, that one uses the standard SKill Point system.

It happens. Right now, I only dedicate at most just hour and a half to SRW. Well, just Alpha Gaiden at least. I've been replaying some of the GBA ones at the side.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 minutes ago, Trisitei said:

man

It happens. Right now, I only dedicate at most just hour and a half to SRW. Well, just Alpha Gaiden at least. I've been replaying some of the GBA ones at the side.

I'm now considering restarting Pokemon Conquest since I have no idea how the game works anymore and I seem pretty far into the game, but I have vague memories of a lot grinding being required to get where I was so I'm unsure.

I'm now considering restarting Pokemon Conquest since I have no idea how the game works anymore and I seem pretty far into the game, but I have vague memories of a lot grinding being required to get where I was so I'm unsure.

Okay, time to continue with Alpha Gaiden's Endgame. Going to take down the MEcha Gilgilgans one at a time. First, the ones that approached me. I still have to endure the sniping of the rest, but that's okay. The facilitie's terrain bonuses help a lot here.

Well, to my good fortune, the Mecha Gilgilgans only have 48K HP, and with my party's much higher morale compared to them, they can actually fall quick enough. Already took down one, I might be able to take down two this turn. Haha, down goes the second one! Only one MG left nearby, so I'll end turn for now.

Even if I didn't had to defend the base, I'd still use to camp. It's THAT valuable for the terrain bonuses, at least I'd think so. Okay, so, this turn I'll destroy the last MG near the base, then position myself to lure some of the MG snipers.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

So, I could get the last three MG to come closer, but they only moved once. Now they're in positions to attack without needing to move again. If I do try them to move, they will move into the base. So, change of strategy. I'll try to box them in.

Okay, I can now break my perimeter and go after the remaining two MG's. Once they're down... it's time to deal with Shu and his MG guards.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Alright, all MG's down. Only Shu and his guards are left. I need to approach this carefully.

THe Granzon itself is a bit dangerous. Sporting HP and EN Regen L, Gravity Territory (a barrier-like ability, basically, but unlike stuff like Beam Coating or I-Field, this applies to all attacks, not just beams, I think). For weaponry, it's 1-6 range MAP Gravity Cannon, 1 range Grandworm Sword, 1-7 range Worm Smasher, and 1-6 range Black Hole Cluster. Shu himself has Leadership Lv4, Sword Cut Lv2, and Psychodriver Lv9. Also is Level 75 compared to most of my team who are in the 60-62 range.

I need to watch out for his MAP weapon. It may be his AI, but he might not fire if it causes friendly fire, so for now, while his guards are still on the map, I'm safe from it. On the other hand, it's his weakest weapon, and comes with just 3 ammo. Hmm...

Well, for the moment, I'll just take care of the last Mecha Gilgilgans first.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Now, considering where Shu is, I would have to leave the terrain bonuses of the Microwave Station, but the silver lining here is that the main Lunar Base for Project Aegis is only two tiles away from Shu, is 3x3 big, and grants the same bonuses. Granted, that means it's much smaller that I can't place everybody there, and over half of those tiles are buildings, so only airborne units can place themselves there. Still, it's much needed. MUCH needed.

Alright, one Mecha Gilgilgan down. And I think this is a good stopping point. I'll continue... some other day...

Man, this is so exciting. I haven't even turned On battle animations for the most part since I want to hear continous Dark Prison BGM.

All in all, this is turning out better than I thought it would be. I was actually dreading this, hahaha, but it's been more manageable than I thought.

As a side note, back in the last chapter it was mentioned Project Aegis needed to be activated in three hours. That was at the beginning of the chapter, and now for the endgame... time must be critical now. Which is a good thing that the Endgame is a "Defend" mission, instead of "Defeat Boss in X Turns". I still remember that objective from SRW A. *shudder*

Which makes me thankful FE doesn't pull stuff like that either. Can you imagine only having, say, 10 turns to defeat the final boss in a decently sized map with lots of enemies to fight through? Or having to also defend an area, specially if it's like 5x5 tiles big? (I suppose the closest thing to that is in Genealogy, due to the Home Castle thing applies even in the final map) At least here Shu doesn't move. I could only imagine if he also did in addition to defending the Microwave Station. I wouldn't even move away from the MAP weapon otherwise he simply moves and it'd be Game Over, hahaha. Oh well...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Sometimes I wonder if taking the Gishin Empire route in SRW D would be much easier than Planet Lux's.

Then I remember the choice boils down to who would be less anoying to fight, Emperor Zuul, or Lord Geppelnitch... nah, still sticking to Planet Lux...

On the other hand, I would probably prefered fighting Grendizer-Daltanius-Godmars mooks that have over 10K HP, than Macross 7 mooks that have absurd mobility and Defend against finisher attacks.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Claudius I said:

Why is his name even Tiber VII VII?

Beats me, it's the Dynasty name as well.

Oh wait, not Tiber, it's Uriel Septim VII. There was not enough Tiber Septims to reach VII.

HOW THE FUCK DO VOCALOID SONGS AGE 1000000X BETTER THAN KPOP SONGS LISTENING TO OLD UTAITE I LIKED MAKES ME WANT TO DELVE BACK INTO JAPANESE MUSIC BC KPOP AGES LIKE ALREADY EXPIRED MILK