• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

On 12/25/2017 at 10:06 AM, Robert of Normandy said:

I don't follow anime news, what shows look interesting to you?

Interesting shows include Violet Evergarden, Grancrest Senki, One Punch Man 2, Hero Academia 3, possibly a third Attack on Titan, some Code Geass OVAs/specials, Fate/Extra - Last Encore, a new season for the Seven Deadly Sins, The Rising of the Shield Hero (may be), specials for ReLife, possibly a third Tokyo Ghoul or another Sword Art Online show, and may be a second season of The King's Avatar, among those I have had the chance to see around. Most of those lean towards the fantasy-action side, and most pretty much require you to be familiar with past content, I don't get too much info on brand-new shows until about half a month before a season begins, I do hope some nice romance, SOL, comedy or mystery shows appear too; I'll cross my fingers for a good comedy.

bad ones include Death March, Darling in the Franxx, and Overlord II, from what I can spot so far.

15 hours ago, Trisitei said:

if only ____ would come back..

Do you mean me? But I have never left. I simply took a back seat to rest of everything here. And even if I did, my posts will remain c;

Edited by ___

Well, finally playing one of those Persona games. Starting with 3 FES because only it and 4 are the most I can play with just a PS3. Not being able to start with 1 is slightly annoying, but eh, I'll deal.

Let's see how this goes...

I would say so

When I was playing tales of symphonia and they did the fucking final boss fakeout, I lost like 80% of my motivation to finish it; it could have ended right there and I would have been more than happy with it, but instead you get all this buildup and tension for "whoops, gotta do more grinding bud!"

and while pacing is definitely a big part of it, 100 hours can definitely feel too long in a linear game.

Well, I'll see to myself if I ever get and play Persona 5.

On the subject of long games... eh, can't speak much on it. I played the entire of Super Robot Wars Alpha, which is a SRPG that is up to 67 chapter long, with some of the lengthier chapters taking up to hours to finish (just counting playing time)... but then again, it is Super Robot Wars. I'd play even the game that is 101 chapters long without thinking much on how long it'd take me. lol

Edited by Acacia Sgt

On 12/24/2017 at 8:33 PM, Trisitei said:

How BS?

like no questions making sense or 

Late reply, but I finally was able to get my hands on a Switch, so Xenoblade 2 has been taking a lot of my time lately.

The exam was BS because it was several magnitudes harder than anything we'd done in the class. Most of our programming assignments were incredibly simplistic and the class itself only never went into the details. Yet the exam had several questions asking us about such details, asking us to find errors in several different codes or to write code for task much more difficult than anything we'd done. And we didn't have access to a computer for any of that. 

21 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Late reply, but I finally was able to get my hands on a Switch, so Xenoblade 2 has been taking a lot of my time lately.

hey, also got it recently (well not too recently, 3 weeks ago...), but I haven't been able to make much progress yet, just got to chapter 4

which chapter are you at? How are you liking it?

Edited by Nobody

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

hey, also got it recently (well not too recently, a couple of weeks ago), but I haven't been able to make much progress yet, just got to chapter 4

which chapter are you at? How are you liking it?

I just got to chapter 4 myself.

And I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.

Having only seen 3 titans at this point (if you count Argentum as a titan), the only location that really impressed me was Uraya, but it didn't amaze me the same way Satorl Marsh, Valak Mountain or Sylvalum did. The world also feels disconnected, which is a shame after Mira was just one seamless world or how every area was a section of a titan, which brought a sense of cohesion in the original. I do like the music a lot though.

Story-wise, I am engrossed by the main plot, but I feel like a lot of the character interactions are horribly clichéd . It's like watching a generic shonen series, with the protagonist not knowing how to act around pretty girls. And Mythra seemingly being a tsundere isn't helping. Like, the story is pretty serious. Titans are dying, war is brewing, Torna is killing tons of drivers and everyone want the Aegis for various reasons, but you get these tropy moments and it kind of takes me out. At least the dumb jokes mainly happened at the start of a chapter in XCX. Aside from those tropy moments, I do like the cast overall.

Gameplay-wise, I'm enjoying the battle system, I find I need to be a bit more attentive than in XC1, though it's not as active as XCX. The one thing I'll have to wait before having a final opinion on is the variety between party members. It was downplayed a bit in XCX IMO, since your avatar could do anything, but in the original, every character played differently. I spent a lot of time playing as Melia especially since she was unique. I haven't even tried playing as someone other than Rex yet because the other characters seems really similar to him, with only the effect of their arts being different. There's nothing like Melia's element summons which shakes up the gameplay. Doesn't help that a lot of variety is tied to blades which is RNG reliant. Thankfully, I was able to pull 2 rare blades for both Rex and Nia, so I'm not stuck with the generic 1 star blades.

So overall, I'm enjoying the game, but it's not blowing me away like the original did just yet. I'll have to go further into the game to see if it manages to so later.

I think Xenoblade 2 is a great game, but then I get to an "emotional" scene and I'm just rolling in laughter at how bad the voice direction is for Rex's VA. Like, I like Rex's voice, but, well end of Chapter 3 spoilers.

Spoiler

Rex's cry/scream in reaction to Vandham's death after the battle with Torna is absolutely pathetic.

Spent more time finding various UK VAs for accents Instead of quality /paranoia 

Rex’s voice is the oddest 

On 12/26/2017 at 2:59 AM, Emeraldfox said:

Hello hi hey

Hi

On 12/26/2017 at 5:49 PM, ___ said:

Do you mean me? But I have never left. I simply took a back seat to rest of everything here. And even if I did, my posts will remain c;

Very true indeed

abbd that’s..an actual interesting and new way that to look at it

14 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

The exam was BS because it was several magnitudes harder than anything we'd done in the class. Most of our programming assignments were incredibly simplistic and the class itself only never went into the details. Yet the exam had several questions asking us about such details, asking us to find errors in several different codes or to write code for task much more difficult than anything we'd done. And we didn't have access to a computer for any of that. 

Knew it <w<

Oh. Oh it’s one of those kinds of exams. You guys got those professor or course feedback sheets?

3 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

I am hungry.

But pizza's coming in two hours...

better not be just plain cheese.......

19 minutes ago, bling said:

I HAVEN'T PROPERLY SHITPOSTED IN 17 YEARS

i thought it was like, a week