Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

i'll never forget the dead yamcha figurine
probably the highlight of figurines

4 hours ago, bling said:

im in a complimenting mood rn so ill call it the BEST OTOME GAME IVE EVER PLAYED WOW a lot of games use fairytales and it gets cliché but this game was very creative imo

long story short fairies and humans and witches used to live in harmony, fairies upheld all things good and witches all things bad and that was ok bc without dark there can be no light and so on. but then some bard came by and spun stories called "fairytales," in most of which witches were painted as evil, and they became wildly popular bc humans were so fascinated by the idea that any regular person could have a happily ever after. because of the way witches were depicted though humans began a witch genocide, and in retaliation witches began spreading "fairytale curses" that were based on the stories humans so dearly cherished. the guy in my avatar had the little mermaid curse, where he traded his voice to become a prince; the protagonist in my sig had the cinderella curse, a reversed riches-to-rags

the art and music are decent, the story and universe are well thought-out, the characters are all likable and realistic, and on top of everything it's ~free~

otome games usually have bland af protagonists but this game had a real ASSHOLE as the heroine and normally characters like those suck but i was actually really excited seein an otome protagonist with personality!! it also made going through each route more satisfying bc she grew and developed slightly differently in each one and tbh shes probably my favourite character in the entire game ;-;

this actually sounds interesting enough to check out tbh
even if it is an otome

2 hours ago, Soledai said:

It's on that bad bad
Now if only we found an animu fighter....

You need it alcoholic or something?

Talk to me neighbor, how you been since last time?

if only there was a certain crossover fighter being made by arcsys featuring characters from four different franchises...
but eh, probably wishful thinking. 

i would but im certain alcohol and the common cold dont mesh well together

things have been pretty decent here. Even if its not up to things that it really could have been, i found myself enjoying fe warriors
and it makes it better how i can mostly dominate with marth and lyn with their legendary weapons being highly effective against corrin :)
Odyssey is a gem too
both are real nice. helped me remember there was more games than mobile gacha games, even if fgo has been getting fun

1 hour ago, ChefGuevara said:

Sol, are you gonna pick up the new DBZ fighter? It's looking like it'll have an actual comp scene. 

I, of course, am just in it for nostalgia, and memeing with yamcha

Yep, dunno who I'm gonna main though. Don't wanna be too basic and go Goku, but I don't wanna be hardcore obvious and pick Adult Gohan

I won't get it right away though. I don't actively make fighting games an immediate priority. 

56 minutes ago, Trisitei said:

if only there was a certain crossover fighter being made by arcsys featuring characters from four different franchises...
but eh, probably wishful thinking. 

i would but im certain alcohol and the common cold dont mesh well together

things have been pretty decent here. Even if its not up to things that it really could have been, i found myself enjoying fe warriors
and it makes it better how i can mostly dominate with marth and lyn with their legendary weapons being highly effective against corrin :)
Odyssey is a gem too
both are real nice. helped me remember there was more games than mobile gacha games, even if fgo has been getting fun

I know right? But something like that would never happen, a man can dream indeed...... But really, I like what I see, but I'm waiting for that one thing to just wow me.

Excellent... Also, I never see anybody using Celica ever. Is she not up to snuff, or is literally everyone else better to play?

Oh man, I've been caught in that trap too. I think I went nearly a year with just mobages, said to myself; "what the hell, breh" , then I resumed my SRW UX playthrough from a long time ago.
Probably not the best start because SRWs tend to get looooong

36 minutes ago, Soledai said:

Yep, dunno who I'm gonna main though. Don't wanna be too basic and go Goku, but I don't wanna be hardcore obvious and pick Adult Gohan

I won't get it right away though. I don't actively make fighting games an immediate priority. 

I know right? But something like that would never happen, a man can dream indeed...... But really, I like what I see, but I'm waiting for that one thing to just wow me.

Excellent... Also, I never see anybody using Celica ever. Is she not up to snuff, or is literally everyone else better to play?

Oh man, I've been caught in that trap too. I think I went nearly a year with just mobages, said to myself; "what the hell, breh" , then I resumed my SRW UX playthrough from a long time ago.
Probably not the best start because SRWs tend to get looooong

I think the obvious picks would be an all Goku team ft Gohan or vegeta.

like a certain mechanic or a certain character to come in and wow?

its more because she’s a move set clone of Marth, except not in musou but that’s a given, but hey I’ll take it if it means avoiding the fates siblings. Though Oboros alright and Ryomas too good unless you want to limit yourself. Thanks Astra.

Gotta snap back into reality some how, even if it has to be like that. Though that also reminds me to wake up a project of mine...

....or continue that dmc3 play through. Made sense after finishing dmc1

On 1/3/2018 at 3:16 AM, Trisitei said:

like a certain mechanic or a certain character to come in and wow?

It's usually dependent on genre, but I generally look for mechanics/features.

In fighting game cases, I look for modes. The easiest way to hold my attention(assuming you have it) is Survival mode. And the especially rare Dramatic mode, like in SF Alpha, I would really like to see more fightin games with modes like this

Or be beautiful and have an rpg mode in your fightin game (Totally not like Ehrgeiz)

On 1/5/2018 at 3:39 PM, sylveonzoroark said:

C2Zr4MW.png

me

Hide contents

daily reminder that okita is a cutie pie

Hakuouki.Shinsengumi.Kitan.full.192681.j

VBQT1c2.png
rHTjTpX.png

Seeing cats are serious business 

On 1/5/2018 at 1:47 AM, Soledai said:

It's usually dependent on genre, but I generally look for mechanics/features.

In fighting game cases, I look for modes. The easiest way to hold my attention(assuming you have it) is Survival mode. And the especially rare Dramatic mode, like in SF Alpha, I would really like to see more fightin games with modes like this

Or be beautiful and have an rpg mode in your fightin game (Totally not like Ehrgeiz)

Don’t most things got a survival or time attack nowadays?

if Only things like rpg modes were more common

just sounds so

fresh

On 1/5/2018 at 4:32 PM, bling said:
  Hide contents

sm released this song recently and jonghyun was a part of it....i couldn’t help crying at the lyrics and the clips.....

/Hug 

8 hours ago, Trisitei said:

Don’t most things got a survival or time attack nowadays?

if Only things like rpg modes were more common

just sounds so

fresh

Time/Score attack, yeah, but those don't really appeal to me all that much in comparison

Somewhat ironic considering I play shmups for score... well, scoring high is for extra lives, but score nonetheless

Also, boss rush is welcome too. Melty Blood having boss rush was magnifique. Never mind how many times I got cleaned by a certain rich girl and little chinese kid

On 1/3/2018 at 3:09 AM, Soledai said:

I'm at endgame now, I've got 3 stages left

We done. Gotta consider UX among my favorites now, probably my favorite non-OG SRW.

OG plot was good, music was good, most OG themes using the same leitmotif was fine too, had a ninja/samurai hybrid dimension bending mech, final boss the size of the moon, and a hot blooded yell in the final attack(despite how "not-hot-blooded" the protagonist looks)

And Demonbane was pretty cool too